You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

4 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Even if FSG green-lit the move, I’m almost certain Klopp would never have him back after the way he left, and I wouldn’t blame him for that. That’s not to say we shouldn’t be spending elsewhere…

The way he left? I'm old and my memory is going... Remind me please, don't recall any issues oh nevermind...

The report reads: “Coutinho had been complaining of back pain and when a scan revealed nothing was wrong with him, it was decided then it was better to play along with the façade - publically at least - in an attempt to try and limit the attention around his behaviour and allow Liverpool’s season to begin with less disruption than there would have been otherwise.”

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He is a good fit at Villa. Said it when he signed. You can do something with him and Buendia behind a striker. The Ramsey and Carney kids too. You've got some technique there. And Mcginn and Luiz for the balance.

Buendia looked quality tonight. 

9 minutes ago, bossy said:

The way Couthino left is the reason we’d never have him back. The fake back injury and all that means it was a none starter. 

Loved Phil when he was here and no way would I have him back after the way he acted the twat. Same as if the old girl had of jibbed me off for a new beau who then dumped her. That's just the way it is, as Bruce Hornsby said.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Loved Phil when he was here and no way would I have him back after the way he acted the twat. Same as if the old girl had of jibbed me off for a new beau who then dumped her. That's just the way it is, as Bruce Hornsby said.

To be honest, it’s pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. After watching us the past month, you’re telling me Phil wouldn’t be an absolutely brilliant option, rather than watching Hendo and Milner toil.

Stevie needed a bit of a boost like that. Digne and Coutinho will improve them so will be interesting to see how their style evolves over the next while. Ings hasn’t looked great over the last while and Watkins is more miss than hit, so they may struggle to score enough. 

2 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

To be honest, it’s pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. After watching us the past month, you’re telling me Phil wouldn’t be an absolutely brilliant option, rather than watching Hendo and Milner toil.

We’re too big a club to need to take back players that acted like arseholes and he acted like an arsehole to get his move.

That said we haven’t actually replaced him, not that we play a like for like anymore but we still have no midfielder that can create or score regularly - and for me it's a hole we need to fill.

1 minute ago, LFC 6 Times said:

More indicative of our current failings than of Coutinho being a world-beater, though. It’s an awful shame that we’ve given up on buying footballers, as Keita aside, we generally sign the perfect ones. 

1 minute ago, an tha said:

We’re too big a club to need to take back players that acted like arseholes and he acted like an arsehole to get his move.

That said we haven’t actually replaced him, not that we play a like for like anymore but we still have no midfielder that can create or score regularly - and for me it's a hole we need to fill.

I’d like to see a lot of Curtis Jones and the returning Elliott over the next while, as they potentially fit that bill. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, El Rojo said:

I’d like to see a lot of Curtis Jones and the returning Elliott over the next while, as they potentially fit that bill. 

Same.

We aren't winning the league, but we are almost certain to be third or second, so we need to see if either of these players can be good enough to make a difference next season. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

I am hopeful over both, somewhat unconvinced by Jones but open to being proven wrong....if we had deeper squad options/reliablility in midfield i would have sent Jones out on loan for a year this season, feel we would learn a lot about him and of course he would benefit.

Elliott could be anything - lots and lots of potential, lets hope he reaches it with us.

Just feel that we perhaps should be aiming higher right now with that potential developing nicely behind.