You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

He’s probably already on thin ice given that club and their patience with managers. Poor run of results given the array of talent he has. 

I've heard they've had some injuries. You have to wonder whether Tommy T. has been backed with sufficient squad depth from Papa Roman. Maybe they should spend a bit more.

7 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Wonder how long it will take City to take the lead against Arsenal at the weekend -

im going for inside 9 minutes.

Now the lego head lover is down with covid I think Guardiola will hand him a point. Just for old times sake. 

12 minutes ago, fungus said:

The last 4 free kicks to city have all been dives, Grealish obviously making a telling contribution in training 

And there it is, a goal directly from a foden dive

We've only ourselves to blame for only getting a point when we played there and but for a lino's flag, would have lost 4-3. At 3-2 to us I said we should have put Nat on and gone 3 at the back because Matip and van Dijk were all over the place and being split by the high ball.

Brighton at Anfield was just weird. Again, the Brighton players didnt complain about Sadio's goal, they all blamed the keeper. That goal stands and we win that game because Brighton arent putting 3 past us.

All over. Even if we beat them at theirs, they'll have enough of a cushion to win. 10 points minimum. It's not being defeatist or giving up bla bla bla. 

City have everyone in the top 8 to play at theirs in the second half of the season. They'll be at least 10 clear before we play next. Even with games in hand, that's a huge task. 

We'll keep going and supporting as per usual. Given the gap between 4th and us, we should be able to really have a go at the fa Cup and Europe.

23 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

We've only ourselves to blame for only getting a point when we played there and but for a lino's flag, would have lost 4-3. At 3-2 to us I said we should have put Nat on and gone 3 at the back because Matip and van Dijk were all over the place and being split by the high ball.

Brighton at Anfield was just weird. Again, the Brighton players didnt complain about Sadio's goal, they all blamed the keeper. That goal stands and we win that game because Brighton arent putting 3 past us.

Heh football. My eyes did not deceive me last night when I saw Schmeichel move his right foot off the line and start his dive to the right before Mo’s foot hit the ball for the spot kick. Yes it was a split second but yes he moved before the kick was taken. No complaints from ref or VAR. I am aware that probably most goalkeepers are moving prematurely these days, but wtf are the rules? A retake there and a different game. It’s the little things.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Heh football. My eyes did not deceive me last night when I saw Schmeichel move his right foot off the line and start his dive to the right before Mo’s foot hit the ball for the spot kick. Yes it was a split second but yes he moved before the kick was taken. No complaints from ref or VAR. I am aware that probably most goalkeepers are moving prematurely these days, but wtf are the rules? A retake there and a different game. It’s the little things.

I said this in the match thread as well! How VAR didnt check it or if they did and ignore it heaven only knows. The only time a retake shouldnt be ordered in these circumstances is when the striker misses the goal. If the keeper saves it, it should be a retake.

47 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Or yano use the useless keeper moving early to your advantage and tap it in anywhere.  

2 hours ago, an tha said:

Yeah what a couple of weeks for them.

Both their challengers falling by wayside and just in case there was a few smouldering embers of a challenge remaining they face each other next....after Man City have played again to put some more pts on board.

Just unreal.

They’re relentless unfortunately. Never seen anything like it.

4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

They’re relentless unfortunately. Never seen anything like it.

Stating the obvious, I know but, city have out spent chelsea who were the previous high spenders before city won the lottery.

city have paid £100m for a player. I remember when they paid £3m for Steve Daley but that's a different time. That's the thick end of £25m more than we've ever paid for a player. Put another way, it's like us paying £25m for someone and them paying £50m.

They have a host of £50m+ players on their books. Even those that cost them £35m to £40m were not cheap buys at the time.

I get some people whinge at our owners not spending a minimum £50m or more on every player. The issue here isnt our owners or the way they run the club which for the record, I think is astounding, it is city's absolute spending power and yet they frequently spout 'sporting integrity'! Oh, and fucking abysmal reffing in the PL doesnt help.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Stating the obvious, I know but, city have out spent chelsea who were the previous high spenders before city won the lottery.

city have paid £100m for a player. I remember when they paid £3m for Steve Daley but that's a different time. That's the thick end of £25m more than we've ever paid for a player. Put another way, it's like us paying £25m for someone and them paying £50m.

They have a host of £50m+ players on their books. Even those that cost them £35m to £40m were not cheap buys at the time.

I get some people whinge at our owners not spending a minimum £50m or more on every player. The issue here isnt our owners or the way they run the club which for the record, I think is astounding, it is city's absolute spending power and yet they frequently spout 'sporting integrity'! Oh, and fucking abysmal reffing in the PL doesnt help.

To anybody with basic cognitive function it's obviously a function of both. FSG and City Football Group are both cunts, just both a different flavour of cunt.