You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nah, Dyche and Burnley can fuck off. Leave them where they are. They've blighted the league for far too long, so hopefully this season could be when their yard dog act runs out of steam. They, along with Newcastle are most likely to stay rooted at the bottom, and who knows what may happen elsewhere as the season unfolds. Would it be too much to ask that another famous pack of dogs also run out of steam?

I wonder if these incidents actually are becoming more common? Or just more reported on due to an apparent change in protocol. 

When I had my season ticket in the old Main Stand, I witnessed somebody getting worked on by Paramedics a few rows back and across from me. They seemed okay after receiving medical assistance. I also witnessed another incident in the Kop but was too far away to see the outcome. 

Anyway, the broader point is that these incidents were dealt with by Paramedics and not club medical staff and were dealt with while the match continued. If you weren't at the match, you likely wouldn't have known that anything happened. 

But, nowadays, the game gets stopped, the players get taken off the pitch and the competing club's medical staff seem to get involved in the medical treatment. That's probably why people are becoming more aware of these incidents. This increased awareness doesn't necessarily mean an increase in the amount of these incidents. 

I can really only remember this stopping the game and taking the players off stuff starting over the summer and this season. So, are we really saying that there apparently hadn't been a medical emergency in a stadium before this season because games weren't being delayed up until then? It doesn't make sense. 

2 hours ago, DJLJ said:

Yeah not sure wtf is up here, but at 2 games on the same night seems very strange. Hopefully both gets the treatment needed. 

Possibly due to the aging demographics of people attending football matches (the average age of fans has been increasing steadily for a while). Also I wouldn't be surprised if all the working from home and sitting on backsides in front of PC screens with minimal exercise is increasing the liklihood of DVTs

On MOTD just Lineker was saying how the top 3 are miles ahead of rest....

He goes to Murphy and Ashley Williams for their view and Murphy agrees then Williams says 'Man Utd might have something to say/give them something to think about'.....

Lineker virtually laughed at the stupid twat.