You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

40 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Well after Italy and France winning, that just leaves me needing Brazil to beat Columbia now to turn £10 into £90. 

Regular readers of this thread should be lumping on Columbia double chance with everything they’ve got. 

My life's savings.  Approx 128-quid.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Cracking Nations League Final.

Mbappe has just put France 2-1 up.

Somehow, this wasn’t given as offside though.

BB7AB65C-33A9-4EC6-97EA-C444DDBE1C0C.jpeg

I will never understand it in a million years.

Nothing to do with technology.

Nothing to do with benefit of the doubt to attackers.

A defender punished for defending and playing the whistle.

Idiotic.

At least it was just a toy cup competition.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Cracking Nations League Final.

Mbappe has just put France 2-1 up.

Somehow, this wasn’t given as offside though.

BB7AB65C-33A9-4EC6-97EA-C444DDBE1C0C.jpeg

I think the Spanish defender closest to Mbappe got a touch on the ball as it was played through hence why no offside was given? I think that's the rule anyway.

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Well after Italy and France winning, that just leaves me needing Brazil to beat Columbia now to turn £10 into £90. 

Regular readers of this thread should be lumping on Columbia double chance with everything they’ve got. 

Nine straight wins in qualifying before tonight and then Turdseye turned up with his magic touch. 

Neymar is a fucking disgwace. Brazil would be a better team without him. 

7 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Nine straight wins in qualifying before tonight and then Turdseye turned up with his magic touch. 

Neymar is a fucking disgwace. Brazil would be a better team without him. 

I see Fabinho has played all 180 mins of their games so far in this break and there is of course 1 more to come.

44 minutes ago, Baltar said:

I think the Spanish defender closest to Mbappe got a touch on the ball as it was played through hence why no offside was given? I think that's the rule anyway.

That's exactly what happened, rules or no, don't make it right.  If mbappe isn't there in an offside position then the defender doesn't need to defend, he can't even see him so has no idea if he's offside.  We always hear the commentators yacking on about play to the whistle but tonight instead of them saying he shouldn't have played to the whistle all we hear is great decision by the English officials.

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• interfering with an opponent by:
  • challenging an opponent for the ball or
  • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

How the new rule and these existing rules co-exist I have no idea

And while I'm on the subject, this one is also bollocks:

• a player in an offside position is moving towards the ball with the intention of playing the ball and is fouled before playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the foul is penalised as it has occurred before the offside offence

So a player is in an offside position and gets put through for a one on one, defender panics thinks where the fuck did he come from, no idea that he was offside, hauls him down....red card

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Peter Cormack said:

As soon as I saw Taylor walking out and heard an English ref was on the VAR, l knew we were due for a shambles. And so it proved, mbappe was off before the defender touched the ball doesn‘t that count?

No. If a defender (but not the keeper) deliberately touches the ball (as opposed to the ball accidentally deflecting off him) it plays him onside (unless he's already done one of the four things fungus has listed in his post above). Shit rule but that's what it says. As we learned a couple of years ago when a lurking Kane scored after Lovren slightly touched the ball trying to clear it. 

13 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Neymar and Fred are absolutely woeful. 

Neymar especially. Every time he touches it he gives it away. All over the pitch. He’s a fackin’ liability. 

He is a true warrior.

Brazil forward Neymar, 29, has suggested the 2022 World Cup in Qatar could be his last as the Paris St-Germain forward is unsure if he has "the strength of mind to deal with football any more".

I see Fabinho and Alisson both played 90 mins again last night. 

What are the specific rules on them both for Watford & Atletico? 

Brazil play again Friday morning, even if they don’t play, I doubt players would meet up with the squad until Friday evening and it’s too much to expect them to play on Saturday morning. 

Do they have to quarantine back in the UK? Or if they flew straight to Spain, would they be available for Wednesday? 

What about Suarez, De Paul, Correa etc?

39 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Brazil play again Friday morning, even if they don’t play, I doubt players would meet up with the squad until Friday evening and it’s too much to expect them to play on Saturday morning. 

Do they have to quarantine back in the UK? Or if they flew straight to Spain, would they be available for Wednesday? 

It is an absolute joke Brazil are playing a 3rd game in week and it being that close to ours.

To not be able to play your own employees because of international shite interfering is laughable and clubs need to make a stand against it....this is nothing to do with quarantine etc...simply a case of an international should not be taking place barely 24 hours before our game.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

All a bit unclear. Brazil is not on the red list so there should be no quarantine for the doubly vaccinated if only Brazil is involved but Brazil played in a red list country over last weekend so I think a ten day quarantine period starts then - presumably from the time when  Brazil flew out. I think players can play and train during the ten day period providing they stay in some isolation hotel. But fuck knows whether this allows them to fly out to Spain and fuck knows what the Spanish quarantine rules are. My conclusion is maybe. 

Last I heard Brasil were refusing to release PL players early even if they arent scheduled to play in the remaining game.

I understood if the non UK player(s) had visited or played in a red list country, they only had to isolate for 5 days if outside the UK.

I think the Brasilian players could play for their clubs on the weekend they return but, Brasil's last game is early Friday morning UK time. That gives virtually no time to get back to the UK and be ready to play in a Saturday game.

My opinion it is disgraceful ANY club is scheduled to play a 12:30 kick off  in such circumstances. But we all know the 14 smaller clubs now rule the PL despite all the bullshit about the 'big 6.'

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

My opinion it is disgraceful ANY club is scheduled to play a 12:30 kick off  in such circumstances. But we all know the 14 smaller clubs now rule the PL despite all the bullshit about the 'big 6.'

I agree it’s shite any club has to play in such circumstances. If players can’t play after being to South / Central America, I bet every club in the league will get impacted somehow.

At least the European & African schedules aren’t taxing this break.

Really, FIFA should have been making CONMEBOL change their qualifying process for Qatar. Playing 18 games is a joke. Couldn’t they have just split the group into 2 teams of 5 and then top 4 qualify and the 3rd placed team have a play off?

Avoids a huge fixture backlog and keeps everybody happy.

The biggest pisser about Brazil not releasing players is they’ve virtually qualified already. 

I bet they release Richarlson because of their “special relationship”. Twats.