You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

8 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

All-time Nottingham Forest XI

Shilton

Anderson Walker Burns Pearce

O’Neill Keane McGovern Robertson 

Sheringham Collymore 

Best home kit and best away kit:

74225001-7E95-4F94-A942-73F561768F15.jpeg

BA6C407F-E27E-449E-A3E2-52978640A876.jpeg

Hmmm, I think Ian Storey Moore gets in that side ahead of collymore, Tony. No room for (edit) Archie Gemmill?

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Hmmm, I think Ian Storey Moore gets in that side ahead of collymore, Tony.

I had Storey-Moore in and out of the team, mate. I know he could play up front as well, but he was a winger first and foremost, wasn’t he? In that case, he doesn’t get in ahead of John Robertson.

When doing these teams, I prefer to pick players who played at least 100 games for the club in question. Sheringham falls short of that, but I thought he was brilliant player and wanted to include him.

4 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I had Storey-Moore in and out of the team, mate. I know he could play up front as well, but he was a winger first and foremost, wasn’t he? In that case, he doesn’t get in ahead of John Robertson.

When doing these teams, I prefer to pick players who played at least 100 games for the club in question. Sheringham falls short of that, but I thought he was brilliant player and wanted to include him.

Pretty sure he was a striker Tony but my memory could be playing tricks! Think he played over 200 games for Forest though.

8 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Francis?

Again, I had Francis in and out of the team, mate, I know he was a part of those great Forest teams and and he scored the winning goal in the 1980 European Cup Final. However, in my opinion, he didn’t quite live up to the reputation that he earned for himself at Birmingham, possibly due to strained a relationship with Clough.