You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

7 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

0-0 full time  Koeman gets red carded at the end.

Hate to see it.

I really want to see a campaign where all our players wax lyrical about Pedri and say it would be great to see him in a red shirt. Don't give a shit whether we sign him or not just want them on the receiving end of the stuff they used to pull on us constantly.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Just what we need, another moral panic.

I'll bet they won't be banning alcohol from the stadium despite it being a hundred times more of a threat to society than gambling.

I don't know about that. 

Both are horrible addictions but gambling abuse is growing. The pandemic, technology and increased advertising is furthering its cause.

It is thought that about 1% of the UK has a gambling addiction and up 5-6% when focused on young adults and rising. 50% of addicts are expected to commit a crime to fund the problem.

5% of families in the UK live with gambling addiction. 

Alcohol is a serious problem but it is not a hundred times more of a threat to society than gambling. 

• Upvote 1

Clattenburgs says a fellow ref reported him to the PGMOL for match fining!

Mark Clattenburg has revealed he was investigated for suspected match-fixing after being reported to his bosses by an unnamed fellow referee.

The former top official said he was told that Mike Riley, the head of Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), had instructed Howard Webb, a former policeman who was then the organisation’s technical director, to look into matches in which he had performed below his usual standard.

He claimed that was after an unnamed referee had alerted PGMOL in 2015 after he had bought an Audi R8.

Clattenburg told The Athletic: “I bought a nice car because I had a good job. My wife had a good job. If I wore nice clothes, why not? If I bought a nice house, why not? But to be accused of match-fixing is an absolute disgrace. All because this guy had a hunch, apparently.”

Clattenburg, who worked in the Premier League between 2004 and 2017 and presided over the finals of the 2016 European Championship and the same year’s Champions League and FA Cup finals, refused to identify the “smiling assassin” he accused of having shopped him.

He said: “One day, it will come out because I’m not happy. Everybody thinks he’s a nice guy. But I can’t forgive what he did to me, all because I had bought an alright car. It was out of order. I’m annoyed because I wanted to expose the snake.”

He added: “I’ve refereed all over the world and English referees are known as the safest in the world. Even though we make mistakes, one thing we are not is corrupt. But if that allegation had come out, it could have finished me.”

Clattenburg, who is currently in charge of refereeing for the Greek Football Federation, did not hold back in his criticism of Riley and his other ex-colleagues, revealing he once had a punch-up with fellow official Martin Atkinson.

He said: “There was a big political war between myself and Atkinson. We never got on. We were playing five-a-side in the gym. I caught him with a tackle. He threw a punch, and I threw a punch back.

“From that moment, there was always a certain level of respect between us, but friendship was out.

A spokesman for PGMOL said neither Riley nor any of their officials wished to respond to Clattenburg’s claims.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/09/24/referee-mark-clattenburg-says-investigated-match-fixing/

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Clattenburgs says a fellow ref reported him to the PGMOL for match fining!

Mark Clattenburg has revealed he was investigated for suspected match-fixing after being reported to his bosses by an unnamed fellow referee.

The former top official said he was told that Mike Riley, the head of Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), had instructed Howard Webb, a former policeman who was then the organisation’s technical director, to look into matches in which he had performed below his usual standard.

He claimed that was after an unnamed referee had alerted PGMOL in 2015 after he had bought an Audi R8.

Clattenburg told The Athletic: “I bought a nice car because I had a good job. My wife had a good job. If I wore nice clothes, why not? If I bought a nice house, why not? But to be accused of match-fixing is an absolute disgrace. All because this guy had a hunch, apparently.”

Clattenburg, who worked in the Premier League between 2004 and 2017 and presided over the finals of the 2016 European Championship and the same year’s Champions League and FA Cup finals, refused to identify the “smiling assassin” he accused of having shopped him.

He said: “One day, it will come out because I’m not happy. Everybody thinks he’s a nice guy. But I can’t forgive what he did to me, all because I had bought an alright car. It was out of order. I’m annoyed because I wanted to expose the snake.”

He added: “I’ve refereed all over the world and English referees are known as the safest in the world. Even though we make mistakes, one thing we are not is corrupt. But if that allegation had come out, it could have finished me.”

Clattenburg, who is currently in charge of refereeing for the Greek Football Federation, did not hold back in his criticism of Riley and his other ex-colleagues, revealing he once had a punch-up with fellow official Martin Atkinson.

He said: “There was a big political war between myself and Atkinson. We never got on. We were playing five-a-side in the gym. I caught him with a tackle. He threw a punch, and I threw a punch back.

“From that moment, there was always a certain level of respect between us, but friendship was out.

A spokesman for PGMOL said neither Riley nor any of their officials wished to respond to Clattenburg’s claims.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/09/24/referee-mark-clattenburg-says-investigated-match-fixing/

Mike Dean???

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

All-time Tottenham Hotspur XI

Jennings 

Perryman Campbell England Hughton

Blanchflower Mackay Hoddle

Gascoigne 

Kane Greaves

Best home kit and away kit:

7188267B-0E66-4853-966D-93BBA3C5D6C9.jpeg

B4147179-D8F8-47A0-8973-B813E67A6C1C.jpeg

Very good side that.

Some great players down the years at Tottemham.

I really liked Hughton as a player, but Bale does need to be in that team, though he was at his best further up the field for them.

Jennings, that midfield and Greaves is the stuff of fantasy before you even throw in Campbell, Kane and Bale.

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

All-time Tottenham Hotspur XI

Jennings 

Perryman Campbell England Hughton

Blanchflower Mackay Hoddle

Gascoigne 

Kane Greaves

Best home kit and away kit:

7188267B-0E66-4853-966D-93BBA3C5D6C9.jpeg

B4147179-D8F8-47A0-8973-B813E67A6C1C.jpeg

How many other English clubs kits do you own Tone? I got given a nice Bristol City black away top Christmas before last. 

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

How many other English clubs kits do you own Tone? I got given a nice Bristol City black away top Christmas before last. 

I got rid of most of my footy shirts, mate. The ones that I still have are in storage. From memory, I still have these English ones:

Sunderland 1997-99

BD844D04-CC1D-4DF2-B6C2-85BAB1082D6B.jpeg

QPR 1989-90

924A5861-3CC1-44B1-A83B-4DC428E50A07.jpeg

Blackburn Away - not sure on the date, late 90s, I think.

B80C906A-2DE6-4B08-B6A8-C3C907CD0576.jpeg

Whitby Town 2018-20

E1AB9365-60F3-4113-B549-D381B6924766.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Chelsea v City 

Can't call it. 

On paper Chelsea with the momentum, but City are still City and this is a 6 pointer in terms of confidence boost for the winner.  

I'm more comfortable with a City win at this stage.

I’m torn a little. 

I don’t want the Chelsea juggernaut to keep rolling but I also don’t want City brimming with confidence ahead of next Sunday. 

I’d have been happier with a City win if this injury crisis they had wasn’t as fabricated as their accounting practices.

I suppose a draw would be a good result for us but I assume neither side would be unhappy with that either.