You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This from Spurs Community. At what point have we cheated under FFP rules?

Spotter

Very promising first half but inevitable result as it wore on. You can blame the manager and the players but at the end of the day FFP cheating means the top four of Chelsea , Man City, Liverpool and Man Utd will remain as is until the football bodies change things. Its a closed shop.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Spotter

Very promising first half but inevitable result as it wore on. You can blame the manager and the players but at the end of the day FFP cheating means the top four of Chelsea , Man City, Liverpool and Man Utd will remain as is until the football bodies change things. Its a closed shop.

We do the opposite of cheating. We don't even place any bets.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Yeah you can see the respect between Souey and Keane towards each other. To be fair, I actually think that they both like Richards on a personal level, so they can just about tolerate him. 

Souness is by far the best pundit. I enjoy Keane because he doesn't tow any party line and he could come out with anything, but he isn't able to analyse the game like Souness. I like the European pundits on BT though. Struggling to think of any other pundits I like.

We used to be spoiled in this country witj great anchors like Des Lynam, commentators and pundits. Now, it's a sea of mediocrity. On a day, when we lost another great one in Greavsie.

Souness gets tons of shit from the usual FIFA Virgin crowd but he's a genuinely insightful pundit with an incredible playing CV behind him. They slag him for pissing on Pogba even though he was twice the player the Instagram king is.

11 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Spotter

In their dreams. Reality is, from Spurs point of view, they would have been better cashing in on Kane and using the money to rebuild, a bit like we did with coutinho.

47 minutes ago, an tha said:

Yeah.

Not really familiar with BT pundits as don't watch them, i only really see the ones on MOTD, Sky (occasionally) and Soccer Saturday - which probably poisons my views of them the most.

But generally they seem largely bad to me.

On Greavsie (i don't want to come across as disrespectful on day he died) but i never saw the attraction myself as a pundit - the comedy stuff and the cliche's were never really to my taste personally....but i appreciate he was very popular and engaging to many.

I may be wrong here but didn't he write for the s*n for years and years too? 

Mind you i can't really recall much if anything of him as a pundit after Saint and Greavsie finished and that must have been 30 years ago!

To be honest, I didn't buy the S*n before 1989 so I can't remember - I possibly bought it 10 ten times in my life up until then. He was always just a bit of a character and I loved him . I do remember my dad telling me he was one of the best players he ever saw, but he said it in an almost sad way because he didn't look like what he did in years gone by. I read a bit today about him and he deserves some amount of credit for winning the battle with booze. 

The domestic bt crew bar Crouchy are terrible. Joe Cole is a gobshite and Rio is a snide knobhead. The European lads are good. Richardson is really good and they have good knowledgeable journalists. 

18 minutes ago, Em City said:

Souness gets tons of shit from the usual FIFA Virgin crowd but he's a genuinely insightful pundit with an incredible playing CV behind him. They slag him for pissing on Pogba even though he was twice the player the Instagram king is.

Tight game today and Pogba did nothing. In fact, rightly or wrongly, Lindgard who is an England squad standard player (at best) changed the game, yet the so called world class Pogba offered nothing. Yeah, he might score a worldie in their next game which he can dine off for the next ten games, but I just can't take him seriously.

I heard Souness with Johnny Giles a few years ago analysing Pogba and they both crucified him. Two proper midfield greats who know what a midfielder should be about says it all really. 

I'd say the old time Mancs must hate him, not that there is too many of them left. 

19 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

To be honest, I didn't buy the S*n before 1989 so I can't remember - I possibly bought it 10 ten times in my life up until then. He was always just a bit of a character and I loved him . I do remember my dad telling me he was one of the best players he ever saw, but he said it in an almost sad way because he didn't look like what he did in years gone by. I read a bit today about him and he deserves some amount of credit for winning the battle with booze. 

The domestic bt crew bar Crouchy are terrible. Joe Cole is a gobshite and Rio is a snide knobhead. The European lads are good. Richardson is really good and they have good knowledgeable journalists. 

I don't wish to slate the fella especially on day he died but (and i am only going off what i read) i think he wrote a column for that filthy rag for many, many years after 1989.....maybe as many as 20 plus.

If that is wrong then i apologise - but as i say that is what i read.

He wasn't my cup of tea with his style as a pundit/presenter, but different strokes and all that of course and lots of people loved him in those roles.

Great, great player of course....proper footballing legend.

Fair do's to him on winning battle with the bottle...addiction is a bastard of a thing and i tip my hat to anyone who fights it and is succesful for doing so.

As i say i don't watch BT so can't comment on their team.....i can't think of anyone on BBC i especially like and Souness and Keane aside i find the Sky mob range from awful to just deeply dull and mediocre, even with the limited amount of attention i pay them and in the case of Neville and (sadly) Carragher just fucking so narcissistic and full of their own self importance.

I feel there is just too many of them now....any old body seems to be a pundit, it is all spread too thin with the massive amount of coverage there is now through all the many different sources and the need to fill 24 hr channels, websites etc etc etc....it has diluted the quality.

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

I don't wish to slate the fella especially on day he died but (and i am only going off what i read) i think he wrote a column for that filthy rag for many, many years after 1989.....maybe as many as 20 plus.

He wasn't my cup of tea with his style as a pundit/presenter, but different strokes and all that of course and lots of people loved him in those roles.

Fair do's to him on winning battle with the bottle...addiction is a bastard of a thing and i tip my hat to anyone who fights it and is succesful for doing so.

As i say i don't watch BT so can't comment on their team.....i can't think of anyone on BBC i especially like and Souness and Keane aside i find the Sky mob range from awful to just deeply dull and mediocre, even with the limited amount of attention i pay them and in the case of Neville and (sadly) Carragher just fucking so narcissistic and full of their own self importance.

All good points. 

It would be a shame if he wrote for that rag. The irony is that rag would have been the first to get a picture of a pissed Jimmy Greaves coming out of an East End boozer when he was drinking. 

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Yeah.

Not really familiar with BT pundits as don't watch them, i only really see the ones on MOTD, Sky (occasionally) and Soccer Saturday - which probably poisons my views of them the most.

But generally they seem largely bad to me.

On Greavsie (i don't want to come across as disrespectful on day he died) but i never saw the attraction myself as a pundit - the comedy stuff and the cliche's were never really to my taste personally....but i appreciate he was very popular and engaging to many.

I may be wrong here but didn't he write for the s*n for years and years too? 

Mind you i can't really recall much if anything of him as a pundit after Saint and Greavsie finished and that must have been 30 years ago!

I remember him wearing a gotcha t shirt on the tele on 1 point

1 hour ago, an tha said:

I rarely if ever watch the pundits after games but lad put it on while he was having his tea....it fucking kills Micah Richards to mention us for title...he went through Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd before mentioning us when talking about teams in contention.

Keep doing it...All of them - suits us.

I'd be staggered if there is anyone out there who actually gives an iota of credence, to what he comes with.

He is an absolute clown.

46 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Spotter

What the fuck is that all about? If they had the ability to win the odd game or two then they would be entilted to have a moan.

Fucking hate Spurs me.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I remember him wearing a gotcha t shirt on the tele on 1 point

Had to google that....Sadly the majority of english or certainly a large number of english people are into that sort of thing...some sort of patriotic/nationalistic belief or mannerisms that is very much a part of their identity....i suppose Greaves was just one of them and in his eyes/world that was just normal - as would be working for the s*n.

45 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

In their dreams. Reality is, from Spurs point of view, they would have been better cashing in on Kane and using the money to rebuild, a bit like we did with coutinho.

Funny you should write that, as the last few pages of their Kane thread is pretty much all of them saying they should have sold him to rebuild.

29 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Tight game today and Pogba did nothing. In fact, rightly or wrongly, Lindgard who is an England squad standard player (at best) changed the game, yet the so called world class Pogba offered nothing. Yeah, he might score a worldie in their next game which he can dine off for the next ten games, but I just can't take him seriously.

I heard Souness with Johnny Giles a few years ago analysing Pogba and they both crucified him. Two proper midfield greats who know what a midfielder should be about says it all really. 

I'd say the old time Mancs must hate him, not that there is too many of them left. 

Couldn't agree more. Johnny Giles gets shit in Ireland for being our of touch but he, like Souness, is one of the best CMs is British football history.

I would trust their opinion over Michah Richard's or Joe Cole anyday.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Em City said:

Couldn't agree more. Johnny Giles gets shit in Ireland for being our of touch but he, like Souness, is one of the best CMs is British football history.

would trust their opinion over Michah Richard's or Joe Cole anyday.

Would much rather listen to the likes of Giles or Souness than Richards, Cole or Jenas. I've only seen bits of Giles but he seems boss to me.

All the talk of inclusivity, but very few older pundits. I suppose a lot of the public don't want to hear about the game from before the Premier League. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, an tha said:

I feel there is just too many of them now....any old body seems to be a pundit, it is all spread too thin with the massive amount of coverage there is now through all the many different sources and the need to fill 24 hr channels, websites etc etc etc....it has diluted the quality.

My brother said he's the best striker he ever saw and judging by the his goal scoring stats it's hard to disagree with that but what I can't understand is that everybody keeps banging on about him missing the World Cup Final ?

I could understand it if they hadn't of won it but the fact his replacement scored the winner in the quarters and wasn't too shabby in the final then I don't get the crying about it. Especially when he also failed to score in the 3 group games  

• Upvote 1