You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anthony Taylor masterclass in the Kiev game, apparently tried to send someone off for two yellow cards even though the player only had received one.  VAR then disallows a perfectly good goal for another shitty offside - if it's an English ref then is the VAR English?  That would explain the shit decision.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

They are 5/2 to win at home.

Bayern 19/20

Can't have been many times in last 20 years they were that price to win at home or the visitors odds on.

If i had the money i'd have a massive bet on Bayern at that price.

Saw your post and threw a few quid on Bayern. Thanks.

11 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Plastic fucking pitches are now allowed in the CL???

Nah, that’s just fucking wrong on so many levels! 

Our grass is filled with plastic aswell these days.

The pitch is made up of 97% organic grass and 3% artificial grass fibres, over 40,000km of which will be sown into the layers of sand and soil beneath the pitch. Or 25,000 miles.

43 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

Our grass is filled with plastic aswell these days.

The pitch is made up of 97% organic grass and 3% artificial grass fibres, over 40,000km of which will be sown into the layers of sand and soil beneath the pitch. Or 25,000 miles.

It has been for years. 

There’s a massive difference between the modern ‘grass’ pitch which is woven with artificial grass and playing on a 6G pitch though. 

Should never be allowed for league football let alone CL football. 

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

It has been for years. 

There’s a massive difference between the modern ‘grass’ pitch which is woven with artificial grass and playing on a 6G pitch though. 

Should never be allowed for league football let alone CL football. 

I know what you mean. I was just pulling a fast one. Yeh artificial are not for football.

• Upvote 1

Just switched over to ITV 4 and the big match revisited was on , final game is the Bitters v Sheffield Utd,  Everton go 2 up and my lad asks me is that Dai Davies in goal yeah I reply he was known as Dai the Drop because he had a habit of dropping crosses right on Queue a corner is slung in at the Gwladys end and Dai does his usual and Sheffield Utd equalise , they eventually win 3-2 with a sweet effort from Tony Currie .

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Why is he running down the side-line celebrating?

You've got three minutes to find an equalizer; you can kiss the badge later.

I know it wasn't your point but given top level football is such a game of fine margins I wonder if any studies have been done on the effects of over celebrating on performance in game.

Imagine it's more of an issue in games that go to extra time but when I see players running around like mad after scoring I often wonder how much energy is burnt up and if it accelerates a player moving into the red zone.