You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just now, Ronnie Whelan said:

Hard on Ireland. Portugal are a snidey bunch of cunts.

Ireland seem to have a lot of young lads so hopefully they might get decent in a few years.

They’d need eleven to get good at once.  Worst Ireland side in my lifetime.  I suppose it goes hand in hand with how dogshite England is.  There’s no good players to claim they have an Irish granny.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Ireland seem to have a lot of young lads so hopefully they might get decent in a few years.

Something small to build on. Kenny has to go, not because of tonight but they've been shite under him. Really feel for him tonight though. 

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Can't wait to see "Play until Ronaldo scores" back in the league this season too.

Yep. He already should have blown then one cross was blocked but oh no... Refs are shit scared of the top top players. Disgrace tonight that. 

On 31/08/2021 at 21:07, an tha said:

Bastards.

Brazilian football federation is expected to demand that Fifa imposes the five-day rule on the nine Brazil players at six Premier League clubs, which means that they would be ineligible to play in matches for their clubs for five days after the end of the international break.

So that would mean Alisson and Fabinho will have to miss Leeds as would Firmino if he is fit.

Petty beyond belief.

Just pull them for the entire slate of games then. No point letting them dick around risking injury in non-red list countries if they’re going to be banned on return regardless.

1 minute ago, Josef Svejk said:

That ref wanted to be part of history. He got what he wanted. 

Yep. Watch that passage of play on the 5 minutes of injury time. Someones shouting to him from the area (Obviously we know who) and he just kind of turned away from the game and let the ball get crossed twice. He was even pretty much apologising when he booked the robot for taking his top off. 

No denying though, the cunt is one of the greatest. The cunt. 

9 minutes ago, Grinch said:

They’d need eleven to get good at once.  Worst Ireland side in my lifetime.  I suppose it goes hand in hand with how dogshite England is.  There’s no good players to claim they have an Irish granny.

I can't say I know much about Irish players these days, but I do know that they always used to have a few really top class players and now they have a past it Coleman, a few premiership/championship journeymen and a load of what looked like very young kids. 

I will say some of those young lads look promising so good luck for the future.

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Something small to build on. Kenny has to go, not because of tonight but they've been shite under him. Really feel for him tonight though. 

Yeah a few minutes from beating Portugal. Poor bloke. Could have kept their hopes alive.

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

10 of the starting XI where born in Ireland. Irelands best players have always been Irish, I doubt any non Irish born player would make the top 20 Irish international players of all time.

56 minutes ago, No2 said:

10 of the starting XI where born in Ireland. Irelands best players have always been Irish, I doubt any non Irish born player would make the top 20 Irish international players of all time.

Don't disagree that Ireland have produced great players down the years, but Lawrenson and Houghton must make that top 20 or be close to it.

Last season I think Kelleher surprised everyone with how capably he stepped in for Allison and his composure. Happy to have him as backup but can't help but think, seeing a man city keeper on loan at Pompey, and the number of keepers who had loans early in their careers (villa keeper for example), that he'd benefit from a year at a prem/championship club

11 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Have always hated the Porchies snidey bastards. They are the same here at amateur level Saturday footie, whenever you played them the shit would kick off.

3 hours ago, CapeRed said:

Have always hated the Porchies snidey bastards. They are the same here at amateur level Saturday footie, whenever you played them the shit would kick off.

Have only ever been on city breaks to Porto and Lisbon and thought the people were sound. 

Having said that, they have a wonderful collection of snidey twats in their team. I mean Italy have set the gold standard for it, but their snide is somewhat endearing (except when Liverpool are getting fucked over by them), whereas there is nothing likeable about the Portuguese team. Dare I say, even Jota can be a whiney snide fucker when playing with Portugal (great lad with us to be fair).

13 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Don't disagree that Ireland have produced great players down the years, but Lawrenson and Houghton must make that top 20 or be close to it.

Lawrenson is before my time but his name is never really mentioned among the greats of the Irish game, probably because he never played in an international tournament. Houghton is definitely up there, probably top of the class in the next bracket. I'll amend my point to say the top 10 irish players are all Irish born and breed.

Roy Keane

Giles

Brady

McGrath 

Heighway 

Ronnie Whelan

Robbie Keane

Damien Duff

Irwin

O'Leary

We have had tonnes that weren't born in Ireland but only because they're parents were forced to emigrate, they are as Irish as the names above. In general the lads we had to go Googling their grannies have been filler uppers and mostly shit.

4 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Have only ever been on city breaks to Porto and Lisbon and thought the people were sound. 

Having said that, they have a wonderful collection of snidey twats in their team. I mean Italy have set the gold standard for it, but their snide is somewhat endearing (except when Liverpool are getting fucked over by them), whereas there is nothing likeable about the Portuguese team. Dare I say, even Jota can be a whiney snide fucker when playing with Portugal (great lad with us to be fair).

Away from the sports field tbey are really nice but on the field, fuck its all those things you see at pro level . Helping u up after a tackle and pinching u all that kind of stuff.  Like the south americans and spanish   its considered clever.