You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Can’t lie I’m not looking forward to playing these.

Nah, it'll be a tight game but let's see how Lukaku fares against a proper CB, he won't be able to bully VVD. Their midfield won't get anywhere near the time and space. I still think they're defensively suspect, our front three will cause them problems. Beyond that we won't concede two goals as a result of Chelsea simply switching play because the fullback has gone wandering.

The footballing authorities are going to continue to sit back and do very little to combat head injuries then act surprised when the billion pound lawsuit roles in.

How's Reece James not off the pitch and undergoing some sort of concussion protocol. 

21 minutes ago, torahboy said:

Can't understand the shithousery by some people about playing Chelsea next week. Arsenal have been absolutely appalling and to think that we will play as badly as them is moronic.   

They are obviously a very good side and have bought goals to make them better and they are of course a team we very much should respect...

But we are a very good side too and they of course absolutely should be very wary of us too....it's a proper 'heavyweight' clash, its early in the season of course which adds a different dynamic - a lot will depend on who is further along on the road to full speed/who has key players ready and in good nick.

We'll need to better than we have been so far, but that is ok - i would expect we will be.

For the home side, that was a fucking shocking performance by arteta and arsenal. Gooners should have been careful what they wished for. Finishing 4th and getting CL qualification might not be good enough for them but finishing outside European places and displaying early season relegation form is a lot worse.

No doubt they'll say they were missing Odegaard and White but fucking hell, they look woeful. Aubameyang was completely anonymous when he came on even if the service to him was piss poor. I honestly, honestly dont get why people rave over that Smith Rowe. He looks one paced and is neither a provider or take in my opinion.

Id piss my pants laughing if arsenal ended up being relegated but, arteta wont last long enough for that indignity so I think it's a stretch to believe it would.

Tuchel's formation of 3 at the back with alonso and james pushed into wide wing backs worked well for them today. Might give Jurgen something to think about because if Trent and Robbo, presuming he plays, pushes on without anyone filling in, could cause Joel and Virgil some anxious moments. Alli is a far better keeper than Mendy and Id take Sadio, Mo, Diogo \ Bobby over any other attack.

Just now, an tha said:

They are obviously a very good side and have bought goals to make them better and they are of course a team we very much should respect...

But we are a very good side too and they of course absolutely should be very wary of us too....it's a proper 'heavyweight' clash, its early in the season of course which adds a different dynamic - a lot will depend on who is further along on the road to full speed/who has key players ready and in good nick.

We'll need to better than we have been so far, but that is ok - i would expect we will be.

I agree, we should respect them - but not fear them. It will, as always,  be a tough game and if both teams are playing to their full potential it will be a tight game ..... and we'lll win.

Just now, torahboy said:

I agree, we should respect them - but not fear them. It will, as always,  be a tough game and if both teams are playing to their full potential it will be a tight game ..... and we'lll win.

Absolutely shouldn't be any fear no.

7 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

The footballing authorities are going to continue to sit back and do very little to combat head injuries then act surprised when the billion pound lawsuit roles in.

How's Reece James not off the pitch and undergoing some sort of concussion protocol. 

I thought the same with Tarkowski yesterday. Headed another player, huge blow to the cheek and was on the ground motionless for a moment with his eyes shut. Two minutes later he's up and about, with Macca prattling on about being made of strong stuff etc. Feels very much like if you're not completely out like you've been kicked in the head by a mule, you'll just be given the magic sponge and enough time to clear your head as always.

Laughing at about 2 Arsenal fans staying behind to chant “We want our Arsenal back” while Keane, Campbell and Souness are being interviewed. 

They’ve protested to get money spent and they’ve spent it this summer. They wanted Arteta and his Lego haircut. 

Wish they’d stop jizzing themselves silly about this United away record. Most of them took place in empty stadiums. 90% of the difficulty of playing away from home is the impact of the crowd on opposition, influence on the ref, etc. It’s actually meaningless.