You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

In a show of true professional pride, Michy Batshuayi, 27, who signed for Chelsea in 2016, who hasn't had a sniff of their first team (and never will), and has already been out on loan four times has.....extended his contract with them. Just prior to being sent out again on a season long loan. 

What a pro. 

26 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

In a show of true professional pride, Michy Batshuayi, 27, who signed for Chelsea in 2016, who hasn't had a sniff of their first team (and never will), and has already been out on loan four times has.....extended his contract with them. Just prior to being sent out again on a season long loan. 

What a pro. 

They've got a whole bunch of players they've spent a lot of money on, who always end up on loan somewhere. Those players nearly always sign a new contract with Chelsea before doing so. Batshuayi, Drinkwater, Barkley, Zappacosta, I think Baba Rahman is still there, possibly Victor Moses and Loic Remy also...

4 minutes ago, Trumo said:

They've got a whole bunch of players they've spent a lot of money on, who always end up on loan somewhere. Those players nearly always sign a new contract with Chelsea before doing so. Batshuayi, Drinkwater, Barkley, Zappacosta, I think Baba Rahman is still there, possibly Victor Moses and Loic Remy also...

Winston Bogarde is nearly 51 and he’s still training with the kids. 

• Upvote 6

30 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Winston Bogarde is nearly 51 and he’s still training with the kids. 

Like I said in the 'Definitely True...' thread, his Chelsea contract didn't have an expiry date so they're still paying him.

40 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Moses has just signed for Spartak Moscow permanently, but only just!

14 hours ago, Trumo said:

Peter Osgood had to fake his own death to escape.

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Denis Law diagnosed with dementia. Very sad. 

Yes, very sad. To be honest, I like Law. He was a great player even though he played for both manc club although mainly united. Scored some cracking goals and even liked to smoke a fag or two (that's a ciggie for the uninitiated). The cunt!

Hopefully this terrible illness doesnt rob him of all his memories.

26 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yes, very sad. To be honest, I like Law. He was a great player even though he played for both manc club although mainly united. Scored some cracking goals and even liked to smoke a fag or two (that's a ciggie for the uninitiated). The cunt!

Hopefully this terrible illness doesnt rob him of all his memories.

Mate of Shanks as well.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

I will forever love his backheel goal that sent the Mancs and their feral followers down to the 2nd division. 

We were at West 'Am that day.As we didn't have t'interweb and mobile thingies some people had trannies and word soon got round. We lost 2-0 (eyes were on the Cup Final the following week) but we came out the ground bouncing and singing 'bye bye Man Utd bye bye' to the amazement of all the 'ammers skins spoiling for the usual scrap. One girl ran from our lot and hugged one of them. They were totally fucking bewildered by it all. The usual skirmishes ensued but maybe not as bad as usual.

17 hours ago, Trumo said:

Helps with FFP as the length of their contract amortisation means his value is at its highest the longer the contract.

Lets face it, he’s being paid more there than he’ll get elsewhere, plus a nice signing on/loyalty fee, and Chelsea probably get a fee for the loans and something towards the wages which make it viable.

Just a guess, but makes sense.

If a rich owner wanted to use loans to get around FFP, they could secretly supply money to the loaning club which would then come back to your club as the loan fee, thus enabling said rich owner to illicitly inject more money into the club than they would be permitted under the rules.

Not that I'm suggesting this is what is happening, of course...

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

We were at West 'Am that day.As we didn't have t'interweb and mobile thingies some people had trannies and word soon got round. We lost 2-0 (eyes were on the Cup Final the following week) but we came out the ground bouncing and singing 'bye bye Man Utd bye bye' to the amazement of all the 'ammers skins spoiling for the usual scrap. One girl ran from our lot and hugged one of them. They were totally fucking bewildered by it all. The usual skirmishes ensued but maybe not as bad as usual.

No trip to London is complete without to be honest mate 

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

If a rich owner wanted to use loans to get around FFP, they could secretly supply money to the loaning club which would then come back to your club as the loan fee, thus enabling said rich owner to illicitly inject more money into the club than they would be permitted under the rules.

Not that I'm suggesting this is what is happening, of course...

Usmanov would never do such a thing. Would he?!