You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I don't have the energy to do this all over again so soon after the last time. It's simply a joke about the fact that when a Jewish person complains about anti-Jewish racism, your first instinct seems to be to attack them. David Baddiel's dubious humour from the 1990s has no earthly relevance to the topic, yet you saw fit to bring it up. Can we not just agree that while someone may have made some inappropriate jokes half a lifetime ago, they also may be correct about something else in 2021?

Ok, that bit highlighted is a lie, not a joke. 

I was pointing out Baddiels hypocrisy thats all. I wasn't even being serious, it was tongue in cheek after a previous argument we had including him. It was me who posted the original story on this thread condemning talk-sport for fuck sake. 

But yeah, I didn't say anti-semitism is ok. It isn't. Thanks. 

Messi throwing toys out the pram again. 

La liga refused something to do with his contract. Laporte asking him to take less again and he's throwing another public wobbler. Pretty much saying the squads shite and he's leaving. 

Screenshot_20210805-175945_Twitter.jpg

3 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Was Fer Niño even sent off for that challenge on Fofana? It's inconceivable that a challenge like that attracts no disciplinary action just because it happened in a friendly.

EDIT: no, he wasn't, incredible

He even scored after it.

Just now, Tj hooker said:

My local club Wrexham owned by the 2 Hollywood A listers Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenhey have sold an unbelievable 8300 season tickets for the forthcoming season pretty much guaranteed sell out for every match this season 

I didn't know that takeover had fully gone through! Thats ace they'll be back up then 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I didn't know that takeover had fully gone through! Thats ace they'll be back up then 

Yeah went through a few months ago mate virtually the whole of the fanbase agreed to it not surprising though,  just signed a striker from the league above them obviously on decent wages on a 3 year contract who scored about 30 goals last season .

Phil Parkinson is the new manager 

5 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Yeah went through a few months ago mate virtually the whole of the fanbase agreed to it not surprising though,  just signed a striker from the league above them obviously on decent wages on a 3 year contract who scored about 30 goals last season .

Aah yes I saw they'd signed someone decent, should have realised. Good times back for them then mate! A fella my Dad knows Karl Connolly was ace for them back in the day 

This fella will be chuffed

mqdefault.jpg

"tasty baby" 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Aah yes I saw they'd signed someone decent, should have realised. Good times back for them then mate! A fella my Dad knows Karl Connolly was ace for them back in the day 

This fella will be chuffed

mqdefault.jpg

"tasty baby" 

Old bootleger he's on twitter , Decent player was Connolly signed him from a Kirby team I'm thinking. 

26 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Old bootleger he's on twitter , Decent player was Connolly signed him from a Kirby team I'm thinking. 

A team called Napoli in the Liverpool Sunday League it was. 

Haha yeah I followed Bootleger when i had my last account, funny man him. Loves his lager 

1 hour ago, Tj hooker said:

All being for by Amazon or Netflix doing a behind the scenes documentary isn’t it? 

Good to see the Guardian's ' Fiver ' email isn't taken in by Guardiola

Clever Pep Guardiola! He’s probably in his laboratory right now, painstakingly working on a new formula for dividing a football pitch into 800 spinning segments that can be controlled simultaneously by players whose every thought has been planted by him. As a tireless perfectionist, the Catalan mastermind is a devout believer in the old adage about success being 10% inspiration, 40% perspiration and 50% obliteration of nearly all the competition through outrageous spending. Those Abu Dhabi lads sure struck oil when they hired Pep.

And now, of course, Pep and his employers plan to engage Jack Grealish and Harry Kane, leading opponents to fear that if that crafty pair link up with their fellow England star Raheem Sterling, Manchester City could win the Premier League by a record number of free-kicks and penalties. Mind you, Pep has not got his way just yet and nor has Kane despite metaphorically throwing himself to the ground and appealing to Daniel Levy.

• Upvote 1