Bjornebye

Greatest 10's Film - Round 1 - Group B

Greatest 10's Film - Round 1 - Group B (Pick 3)  

41 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Pick Your Favourite Three (3)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/07/21 at 10:33

Dunkirk, which is brilliant and the only other two I've seen on this list are Skyfall, which is ok and Guardians of the Galaxy, which I thought was shite.

I really don't like all the comic book bollocks. 

13 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Crikey, what a weak list.

The next group is an absolute bastard. I nearly refreshed the randomizer when I saw it. 

I've seen two and a half of these.

I can't vote for Skyfall, because the half I've not seen might be rubbish. Guardians of the Galaxy gets a vote for being entertainingly silly. The Death of Stalin towers above those two, though.

La La Land which is by far the best film in the group of the films I've seen, The Drop was a big pleasant surprise and picked Green Book over Dunkirk because it was eminently watchable. Dunkirk is a valiant effort but disappears a bit up its own ass with the structure and eventually does what it sets out not to do, defeating the purpose of denying us a proper propaganda war movie with easy to follow linear narration. 

Have not seen Rush, that Malik thing and that Bond thing.

The Drop, Shutter Island and Dunkirk. On reflection I probably prefer Rush to Shutter Island but happy with my choices.

I enjoyed Green Book but I think it's overrated.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

The next group is an absolute bastard. I nearly refreshed the randomizer when I saw it. 

The cream will rise to the top. 

Hopefully that cream isn't full fat Star Wars.

Voted for the only 3 I've seen. I may not be able to contribute well to this comp.  Since I got married and then had kids I seem to have stopped watching movies.

Again I've only seen six of these.

I know a lot of people loved Guardians of the Galaxy, but I thought it was just a fairly standard MCU film. I liked it, but I'll be honest - my favourite part was the post-credits appearance of Howard the Duck, which says it all.

Rush is certainly a cut above most sports biopics. I don't give much of a toss about motor racing though, and this film didn't change that.

Skyfall is a good Bond film. I can't put my finger on why I didn't love it. Maybe it's getting harder to suspend disbelief these days. And some of the crazy shit in this film needs big-time suspension of disbelief.

Voted for these:

The Drop is a really good little crime drama which feels firmly rooted in the real world. Tom Hardy excellent.

I like mystery thrillers and Shutter Island did not disappoint. As with The Drop, it's based on a Dennis Lehane book. Does everything you'd want from a film in this genre.

Knives Out was a very pleasant surprise. Funny, suitably convoluted, and featuring a terrific ensemble cast. I loved the powerful allegory too, almost as much as I love Ana de Armas.

• Upvote 2

The Tree of Life is one of the best films of the decade. I also voted for Green Book and Skyfall. I’m not a huge fan of Daniel Craig as Bond, but the films are entertaining enough. I thought Rush was a decent film but Christopher Hemsworth doesn’t quite capture James Hunt’s charisma, in my opinion.