You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest 10's Film - Round 1 - Group B

Bjornebye

Greatest 10's Film - Round 1 - Group B (Pick 3)  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Favourite Three (3)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/07/21 at 10:33

La La Land which is by far the best film in the group of the films I've seen, The Drop was a big pleasant surprise and picked Green Book over Dunkirk because it was eminently watchable. Dunkirk is a valiant effort but disappears a bit up its own ass with the structure and eventually does what it sets out not to do, defeating the purpose of denying us a proper propaganda war movie with easy to follow linear narration. 

Have not seen Rush, that Malik thing and that Bond thing.

Again I've only seen six of these.

I know a lot of people loved Guardians of the Galaxy, but I thought it was just a fairly standard MCU film. I liked it, but I'll be honest - my favourite part was the post-credits appearance of Howard the Duck, which says it all.

Rush is certainly a cut above most sports biopics. I don't give much of a toss about motor racing though, and this film didn't change that.

Skyfall is a good Bond film. I can't put my finger on why I didn't love it. Maybe it's getting harder to suspend disbelief these days. And some of the crazy shit in this film needs big-time suspension of disbelief.

Voted for these:

The Drop is a really good little crime drama which feels firmly rooted in the real world. Tom Hardy excellent.

I like mystery thrillers and Shutter Island did not disappoint. As with The Drop, it's based on a Dennis Lehane book. Does everything you'd want from a film in this genre.

Knives Out was a very pleasant surprise. Funny, suitably convoluted, and featuring a terrific ensemble cast. I loved the powerful allegory too, almost as much as I love Ana de Armas.

• Upvote 2

The Tree of Life is one of the best films of the decade. I also voted for Green Book and Skyfall. I’m not a huge fan of Daniel Craig as Bond, but the films are entertaining enough. I thought Rush was a decent film but Christopher Hemsworth doesn’t quite capture James Hunt’s charisma, in my opinion.