You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bluetooth ear pods - worth it or not?

I haven't yet bought the true wireless ones for the same concern of losing one, which seems an easy thing to do. Instead I've been buying those ones with the wire that connects the two earphones. I've only been spending around £30 a pair on them, with the result that the sound quality isn't the greatest, and they've all broken on me.

I need assuring that the proper wireless ones wont just pop out, especially when I'm running.

I am quite deaf and made the stupid assumption that Airpods would have a decent volume range but they are really low and I can’t hear a fucking thing. Came as a mobile phone package so not the end of the world but have been in a drawer for a year now. Will have to get rid on EBay. 

6 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I am quite deaf and made the stupid assumption that Airpods would have a decent volume range but they are really low and I can’t hear a fucking thing. Came as a mobile phone package so not the end of the world but have been in a drawer for a year now. Will have to get rid on EBay. 

If they fit you ear use the left in right and vice versa.

So they’re effectively backwards with the speaker hitting the back of your ear and not the canal.

Makes a world of difference.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I haven't yet bought the true wireless ones for the same concern of losing one, which seems an easy thing to do. Instead I've been buying those ones with the wire that connects the two earphones. I've only been spending around £30 a pair on them, with the result that the sound quality isn't the greatest, and they've all broken on me.

I need assuring that the proper wireless ones wont just pop out, especially when I'm running.

I ‘run’ in the ones above and they are ok.  And I sweat like fuck and they’ve been able to resist that. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

If they fit you ear use the left in right and vice versa.

So they’re effectively backwards with the speaker hitting the back of your ear and not the canal.

Makes a world of difference.

Yes they were a bit better that way but I was still missing quiet pieces of dialogue , went back to over the ear headphones.

I got a pair of Powerbeats Pro last year. Absolutely love them.

They work flawlessly if you're in the Apple ecosystem.

Never fall out (the normal one always fall out of my bandy ears), and you'd want to be a simpleton to lose them 'cause they go back in their case to charge.

Sound quality is excellent, and if you're not too fussed about what colour to go for, the moss ones are currently reduced to £125 on Amazon here.

Outside of buying and wearing the cunting things, I can't do any more for ya.

Jaybird are worth checking out as they’re great for music and exercising (sweat proof).

Either buds or buds connected by a wire. Some models allow you to connect to two devices at once, so if you’re using them on your computer (work/movies/music) and your mobile rings, you can answer and it’ll hold the other input.

I've got these - Sony Wf-1000xm3. 

They've fallen out once. When I first got them and was still getting used to them. They're great. I've heard little bits in songs that I've never really picked up fully in poorer quality headphones. They (and the charging cradle) ran out of juice the other day when I was walking, so I had to use my emergency pair of standard, wired headphones and I must've pulled a visibly disgusted face - the difference in sound quality and general "oomph" was massively noticeable. 

5deff587fd9db21d0b226744.jpeg

I've given up on them. 

Never had the pods, just wireless. But i find the reception between the phone and headset breaks up at times where i live. I normally listen to audio books and podcasts anyway so don't need the sound quality and just stick with wired headsets 

I've got these, but I preferred wired ones - not because of anything other than I just can be arsed to have another fucking thing to charge. The quality is pretty decent though, so no complaints from that side. And I'm always knocking them out of my ears putting a mask on and stuff, but otherwise they're solid in the ears. 

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/gbr/en/products/headphones/melomania-1-plus?gclid=CjwKCAjw3MSHBhB3EiwAxcaEu6in7nlFnGuVHgrOkGCjl2Bthzzc6pHuU1J1j9xhQ2GSbZGZo_bmVhoCQhIQAvD_BwE

The Melomania 1s sound great. However I have small ear canals and they kept getting pushed out so I had to return them.

In the end I went for Sennheiser CX 400BTs and they sound awesome and fit my ears perfectly.

I can also recommend getting some Comply foam tips. They make a much more secure fit in your ears and also enhance the sound as they almost completely block out any ambient sound.

Personally I feel that we've all been hoodwinked on this with Apple at the forefront of the con. Somehow we've been convinced that 2 to 3 hundred quid is a reasonable price for  transmission of highly compressed audio delivered across at least one wireless protocol. 

It was only a decade ago that 50 notes would buy you a really decent pair of headphones and only audiophiles thought any differently. I'm not exactly sure that this is no longer true. Too many of us have too much money to spend. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, mgw100 said:

Personally I feel that we've all been hoodwinked on this with Apple at the forefront of the con. Somehow we've been convinced that 2 to 3 hundred quid is a reasonable price for  transmission of highly compressed audio delivered across at least one wireless protocol. 

It was only a decade ago that 50 notes would buy you a really decent pair of headphones and only audiophiles thought any differently. I'm not exactly sure that this is no longer true. Too many of us have too much money to spend. 

If the cunts would put a headphone jack on the phone, I wouldn't have moved over. I just found having to use the charging port was a pain in the arse as lots of time I want to be able to charge and listen - and you seem to have to replace those fucking adapter cables all the time. But there's no doubt in my mind they've removed headphone ports to force us to buy these wireless headsets that are inferior in every way to wired. 

• Upvote 1