Sign in to follow this  
s(k)aturation

The all-new Post-Brexit no-hard-border GAA thread

7 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Long time since the Dubs weren’t favourites. Going on today’s performed Kerry will take some stopping. 

D91D5925-39EF-41B7-B75A-0D8B9FD00E93.jpeg

It was an absolute stroll for them. Just a training game. They were ruthless and with a bit of luck will have the measure of Dublin. Need a bit of balance. I've a ticket for the Leinster final next week so if I'm not busy with work I'll pop along. 

A Kerry/Dulbin Classic reminiscent of rare old times would be great.

eg. my "Paddy Cullen Signature" below.

Had a few pints with Paddy in Croker once.  Was fun.  He likes a chat.

A monty for owning a pub, wouldn't you know.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Long time since the Dubs weren’t favourites. Going on today’s performed Kerry will take some stopping. 

D91D5925-39EF-41B7-B75A-0D8B9FD00E93.jpeg

Their defence is too weak for the Dubs imo. Con O' Callaghan will wreck that full back line.

20 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Joe Canning has called it a day.  Might be the very best I ever saw.  Certainly no one took a sideline ball like him.  

Screenshot_20210728-141515~2.png

Never mind that though, the Waterford Minor hurlers went through Tipperary like a dose of salts. The eight-point margin of victory completely flattered Tipp who scored a couple of goals during garbage time. I look forward to the day when a win over them is a routine thing - but today is not that day.

• Upvote 2

He was the Ronaldo (original) of hurling. Incredible skill twinned with immense physical power. 

I've seen Shefflin, DJ, Tommy Walsh, etc in the flesh but I think Canning may have been the most skilful of them all. He deserved to win a lot more than 1 All-Ireland.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, deiseach said:

Screenshot_20210728-141515~2.png

Never mind that though, the Waterford Minor hurlers went through Tipperary like a dose of salts. The eight-point margin of victory completely flattered Tipp who scored a couple of goals during garbage time. I look forward to the day when a win over them is a routine thing - but today is not that day.

That's mad.

3 hours ago, Em City said:

I've seen Shefflin, DJ, Tommy Walsh, etc in the flesh but I think Canning may have been the most skilful of them all. He deserved to win a lot more than 1 All-Ireland.

tenor.gif

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, s(k)aturation said:

Your gala weekend on the GAA calendar, @deiseach :  an All-Irelander v Tipp.

Squeaky bum time?

No. We've been pleasingly competitive at underage level, with a Munster final to look forward to, and considering the Seniors are missing Alisson Becker (Stephen O'Keeffe) and Virgil Van Dijk (Tadhg de Búrca) they are now in bonus territory.

Then again...ask me the same question at 2.30pm tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deiseach said:

No. We've been pleasingly competitive at underage level, with a Munster final to look forward to, and considering the Seniors are missing Alisson Becker (Stephen O'Keeffe) and Virgil Van Dijk (Tadhg de Búrca) they are now in bonus territory.

Then again...ask me the same question at 2.30pm tomorrow.

Nice friendly throw-in time for me, this one:  10.30pm on a Saturday night.

And I'll probably follow up with the Ulster footy final after that: really hope Monaghan win, for that young boy that died in the car crash, and for my late Mum-in-law - a Clones lady, whose 1st anniversary was a week-and-a-half ago.

Second consecutive year that Limerick have trimmed us by 11 points. The scoreboard isn't lying, I'm afraid. Limerick's success, like Clare before them, is built on underage success. There was a seven-year period between 2010 and 2016 when Cork and Tipperary didn't win the Under-21 Munster title. The tally was Limerick 3, Clare 3 and Waterford 1. That tells us where the respective counties are at. We might find out a little bit more about Waterford in the Minor final tomorrow night against Cork. Considering Cork beat Clare by 40 points, it's likely I won't like what we find.

14 minutes ago, Em City said:

Are Mayo actually going to knock out the Dubs?

Checked out at half-time at 0-10 to 0-4. Kerry will be very appreciative of Mayo clearing the decks for them.