You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The all-new Post-Brexit no-hard-border GAA thread

s(k)aturation

19 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

Mayo.  Wow.  Spine tingled watching that.

End of an era, start of another maybe.  

Hope they go on and win it now @KMD7 .

Really do.

That was smashing.

(What a huge Saturday in all sport, eh!)

Massive! 

I always got a kick out of Mayo's pain because of their incessant whining about 1996 and I was miffed with them allowing Dublin to do 5 in a row  because they should have won at least two finals against them but I think I would be happy to see them finally do it.

8 minutes ago, Carradona said:

How unsurprising it was to see the Dublin players progress into bad losers too.

What do we think, will the GAA bow down to Tyrone or will Kerry get a bye?

Kerry should get a bye. 

Tyrone can't field a competitive team, that's their problem. Covid is everywhere, yet they're the only team in Ireland that have major issues. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’m just desperate for Mayo to win it for my dad. He joined the panel in 1953, won a Connaught in 1955, injured in 1956 and then gone to the UK for work in 1957. He was back in Ireland in 1961 but was gone too long to rejoin and ended up moving to Dublin the year after anyway. It’s inconceivable that in all that time they’ve not won it again, and to lose the last 10 finals they’ve been in is insane. 

My dads 88 now. I’d give anything for him to see a win. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

Best team on the day won.  It’s a funny old game.  A sending off that never should have been and a missed penalty swung the game and would have seen Tyrone packing against Donegal before the journey even begun but by fuck did they click into gear against Monaghan, Kerry and Mayo.

10 hours ago, s(k)aturation said:

.... One day.

I don’t know.  It feels endemic now. Six losing finals since 2012? It’s insane, especially when they should win at least 2 of those, and should have beaten dublin in the 2015 semi, but bottled them all at the end. There’s a huge issue there and while they bury their faces in their hands bemoaning bad luck and gypsy curses, it’ll continue.