You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Open Championship 2021

6 hours ago, dave u said:

Just checked the leaderboard before and the top three names on there were all my guys.

Louis -6

Spieth -5

Cink -4

Louis in the fairway bunker at 18 though so probably going to drop back

Edit - Nope, salvaged a great par.

Louis has a great chance has been runner up in the last two majors I think. He has his own wine label out here and what I thought was really off the wall ,he bought a tractor with his first tournament winnings.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CapeRed said:

Louis has a great chance has been runner up in the last two majors I think. He has his own wine label out here and what I thought was really off the wall ,he bought a tractor with his first tournament winnings.

He has a great chance apart from the fact that he always seems to contend but never wins.

I’d like to see him win, his swing is so fucking good to watch.

I think the fact that Dave’s bet on him was each way, is telling.

9 hours ago, dave u said:

Yeah you'd bet the farm on him on him being in contention but you wouldn't bet much on him actually winning. I do think he has far more of a shot this week because it's over here. He never wins in America for some reason.

Dont think he's a fan of American golf's kind of target golf set ups. He grew up on the coast here and wind is always a factor on those courses . This venue looks a bit similar in parts to the links at Fancourt and also Durban Country Club, it might just suit him.

• Upvote 1

I think Sky’s coverage of golf is piss poor. That Nick Dougherty is one boring fucker, and the number of ad breaks is a piss take. It’s night and day compared with their cricket coverage.

In regards to betting I backed Louis and Justin Thomas to win and have each way bets on Fitzpatrick and Westwood. I was heads or tails on Thomas and Speith and it looks like I went the wrong way. I actually like the look of Morikawa as things stand though, great irons player and that’s perfect for The Open. Remember when Tiger won at Hoylake 06 and he didn’t use his driver at all in any of his four rounds? He was using irons off the tee at virtually every hole, swapping distance for accuracy.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

I think Sky’s coverage of golf is piss poor. That Nick Dougherty is one boring fucker, and the number of ad breaks is a piss take. It’s night and day compared with their cricket coverage.

In regards to betting I backed Louis and Justin Thomas to win and have each way bets on Fitzpatrick and Westwood. I was heads or tails on Thomas and Speith and it looks like I went the wrong way. I actually like the look of Morikawa as things stand though, great irons player and that’s perfect for The Open. Remember when Tiger won at Hoylake 06 and he didn’t use his driver at all in any of his four rounds? He was using irons off the tee at virtually every hole, swapping distance for accuracy.

I like Morikawa too but his putter blows hot and cold, he couldnt buy a putt at the Scottish Open.

21 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

DeChambeau missing the cut will kick off a great weekend.

I’m no fan, but I thought his shout out to the crowd at the first tea to “get the booing out of the way first” was relatively endearing.

He needs more of that and less of ‘being a dick’.

• Upvote 1