You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Open Championship 2021

Starts tomorrow. Let’s have your bets in here, as well as tournament discussion of course and all of the posts about Patrick Reed being a fat cunt. 

Paddy Power are once again doing their ‘Bet £2.50 x 2 on #WhatOdds, get a free £5 bet.’ I’ve just done it on one account, will do it on another one later. Probably gonna use the £5 bets on straight up win or e/w bets on single golfers as they’re paying 12 places but still haven’t decided who I’m going for. 

Won't be betting but I can't believe it's been 29 years since an English golfer last won the open. Faldo. 

Can't see it changing this year although as ever I'd love Rose to win.

Rahm or Hatton. A Koepka/ DeChambeu play off would obviously be the ideal outcome. Koepka to chin him. 

50 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Won't be betting but I can't believe it's been 29 years since an English golfer last won the open. Faldo. 

Rahm or Hatton. A Koepka/ DeChambeu play off would obviously be the ideal outcome. Koepka to chin him. 

Hoping those pair get partnered together in the Ryder Cup. I’d go as far as to say they (the US captain & vice captains) owe it to golf fans around the world to make it happen. 

On Justin Rose. 

9217B7CA-0A4E-4B8E-991C-14466C36F1B5.jpeg

Make it so. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Isn't Hatton English?! 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fuck yeah, I thought he was American. Maybe he can buck the trend then. 

I heard someone tipping him on the radio this morning. So you're not alone...

Here's his write-up:

"Of all the English players who have a shot at this; Tommy Fleetwood, Paul Casey, Justin Rose etc - it's Tyrrell Hatton that I like the most. The 29-year-old has become an elite player, winning six times on the European Tour and once in America. I was very impressed by his win at the European Tour's flagship golf event - the BMW PGA Championship - last October. He closed out the tournament well and I can't seem him choking if in contention. Hatton then went on to beat Rory McIlroy at the Abu Dhabi Championship. He is comfortable in the conditions - his first two European Tour titles came at the Dunhill Links in Scotland and he has two top ten finishes at the Open from eight starts. A tough test is also up his street - his PGA Tour win at Bay Hill last year came in very windy conditions. Hatton, who is precise with his irons, has also displayed recent form, tying for second at the Palmetto Championship on the PGA Tour before closing with a 65 in Scotland last week. His Achilles heel may be his own temperament, but if Hatton can stay patient, he may be in the major circle come Sunday."

2 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

I heard someone tipping him on the radio this morning. So you're not alone...

Here's his write-up:

"Of all the English players who have a shot at this; Tommy Fleetwood, Paul Casey, Justin Rose etc - it's Tyrrell Hatton that I like the most. The 29-year-old has become an elite player, winning six times on the European Tour and once in America. I was very impressed by his win at the European Tour's flagship golf event - the BMW PGA Championship - last October. He closed out the tournament well and I can't seem him choking if in contention. Hatton then went on to beat Rory McIlroy at the Abu Dhabi Championship. He is comfortable in the conditions - his first two European Tour titles came at the Dunhill Links in Scotland and he has two top ten finishes at the Open from eight starts. A tough test is also up his street - his PGA Tour win at Bay Hill last year came in very windy conditions. Hatton, who is precise with his irons, has also displayed recent form, tying for second at the Palmetto Championship on the PGA Tour before closing with a 65 in Scotland last week. His Achilles heel may be his own temperament, but if Hatton can stay patient, he may be in the major circle come Sunday."

I actually knew he was English, had a brain fart there. As long as that wasn't Alan Brazil this morning on his 4th pint of white wine then I'm made up it's not just me with that opinion.