You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite fish

elvis

I've been eating loads of salmon recently , mainly because I like the big succulent flakes and it's piss easy to cook in the air fryer wrapped in foil. 

Problem is I'm getting bored with it now , I've tried some cod but it's not really to my liking .

Any good suggestions or am I shithouse cunt for asking?

I wish I liked Sea food feel like I'm missing out but whenever I try it I'm like no thanks thats horrible. I eat the working class classics like fish fingers, cod in batter, tuna or salmon paste. Salmon paste not so much its like acid reflux in a jar and to be honest I don't think I've seen a jar of it in over 20 years. I'd never order fish in a restaurant just to try something different cooked by someone capable because if I didn't like it I'd be fuming. Could do with loads of well made taster dishes.

1 minute ago, Stouffer said:

Love fish, seabass is the standout for me.

Hmm , had some years ago in Malaysia I think .

Or was it Halibut , either way I remember liking it . 

Have to find a decent fillet as I can't be arsed hacking into a whole one

37 minutes ago, elvis said:

I've been eating loads of salmon recently , mainly because I like the big succulent flakes and it's piss easy to cook in the air fryer wrapped in foil. 

Problem is I'm getting bored with it now , I've tried some cod but it's not really to my liking .

Any good suggestions or am I shithouse cunt for asking?

All depends what you’re doing with it mate. You can have Cod, Basa, etc, a thousand different ways when you’re using different recipes* out of books or online.  Even fresh tuna can be done so it barely even tastes like tuna when it’s caked in chilli flakes or other various herbs and spices or as part of broth/stew or a pasta dish. 

Or your missus is, as in my case. I can’t cook for shit. 

7 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Nah. Is it nice, yeah? Doesn’t look like something I’d like. I love cheese. I love fish. But I can’t stand cheese sauce or the sauce that you get in fish pie. Parsley sauce, is it? Cauliflower cheese is a no no. 

You won't like it then you fussy get. I bet you still stuff your carrots & peas down the side of the couch. 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You won't like it then you fussy get. I bet you still stuff your carrots & peas down the side of the couch. 

Ha. Cheese sauce, parsley/fish sauce, margarine and garden peas are the only things on my list of food I won’t eat.

Mushy peas and marrowfat peas are sound.

Garden peas can fuck off. And we’re derailing the thread so you fuck off as well now. 

16 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Haddock and cod, but haddock is my favourite. If I get a bone though that's it, it doesn't get eaten.

I'm not really into fish but I wouldn't mind trying monkfish.

I won't touch shellfish or lobster, crab etc.

The old girl is like that, finds a bone and she wont eat the rest of the fish. She must be the only woman who can find a bone in a chicken breast!

Like scampi, prawns and shrimps. Fancy having a taste of lobster but not keen how they are killed for cooking.

Love kippers as well but she wont let me have them cos she says they stink the house out. Well yeah but the smell goes quite quick if you open the windows.

13 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

The old girl is like that, finds a bone and she wont eat the rest of the fish. She must be the only woman who can find a bone in a chicken breast!

Like scampi, prawns and shrimps. Fancy having a taste of lobster but not keen how they are killed for cooking.

Love kippers as well but she wont let me have them cos she says they stink the house out. Well yeah but the smell goes quite quick if you open the windows.

I got a fish bone caught in my throat when I was about 5. Not a pleasant experience. I've been wary ever since.

I had a mate years back who's Mum was into her fish. You could smell the kippers up the street and when you knocked on the door it nearly knocked you over.

She was a brilliant cook though, I used to knock at his on the way to school and would go in, anyway, one morning she was busy cooking breakfast (proper old school) and she put a plate of Kedgeree in front of me, never had it before and only ever had it when she cooked it.

Amazing.

Love fish, I’m more vegetarian than pescatarian, but when the mood takes me, it’s fish all the way.

Gurnard

Turbot

Plaice

Dover Sole

Monkfish(not the detective)

Sea-bass(over used in my book and a bit of a drab, lacking flair choice on a restaurant menu)

Roll Mops

Kippers

Halibut

Sea Bream

Sardines

Basically, most fish bar salmon, which is like chicken in being over farmed and a pale tasteless shadow of its former self.