You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

People in groups you don't get on with

Section_31

Just bumped into some lad I used to know, neither of us liked each other back in the day (altgough I always felt I had some justification, he was a 'care worker' who used to refer to the lad he looked after as 'my spaz', had been known to steal stuff out of women's handbags and the like). I digress.

It got me thinking about whether other people had ever moved in groups of mstes where you didn't get on with certain people?

I've always had different groups of mates, but when I moved to Widnes I fell in with a group of lads. 

I got to know them through one lad I worked with and he's a class lad, one of the best mates I'd ever had. But in his group of about seven mates there was three that definitely didn't like me. The turd mentioned above, one other lad who only seemed to like you if you'd been to primary school with him, and another who was a proper oddball, he was a pathological liar, and I'm talking if he was drinking pepsi he'd tell you it was coke, even if it said pepsi on the can.

They'd make a point of doing stuff like not replying to texts or I'd be the only one invited to just the evening do at a wedding while all the others went to the day and evening (by this point I'd known them for about eight or nine years). 

It came to a head after a stag do in Dublin a few years back where I realised I actually felt vulnerable unless there was a certain mix out with me, like if the cunt quota was too high I felt on edge. So I ended up fucking the whole group off save for my original mate and one other lad. Life's too short and all that.

I suspect though that after I did so, it was me that was considered the oddball for doing so.

• Upvote 1

I always found it awkward trying to mix work friends and outside friends and hard work too , so keep them strictly separate. Did have a friend of a friend who tagged around with a schoolmates group and used to try everything to avoid getting his round in.

• Upvote 1

Just now, sir roger said:

I always found it awkward trying to mix work friends and outside friends and hard work too , so keep them strictly separate. Did have a friend of a friend who tagged around with a schoolmates group and used to try everything to avoid getting his round in.

Yeah that can be hard graft, especially if you're the only person they've got in common. The above though is the only time I've ever been around people who I suspected would leave me to die if I'd fallen down the stairs on a night out. 

• Upvote 2

Just one fella whom I can think of; start to finish, top to bottom a colossal fucking prick. A hundred carat cunt.

This cunt has zero self-awareness, fucking thinks the sun shines out of his arse.

I fucked this boring fucking cunt off years ago, long before any of the other lads did, and I'd known him longer than any of those guys had.

Anyway, pretty swiftly, one by one, every single one of them has seen the light and fucked him off too, without any persuasion from me either I might add.

The cunt is now a pariah, no fucker likes him, and I know for a fact he absolutely blames me for this. As I said, zero self-awareness whatsoever.

On the one hand, it's mildly disturbing to be of the knowledge that there is someone out there who truly hates me, in the other hand it feels great to be long rid of that festering fucking cancer.

Life's too short, surround yourself with good people, you don't need that shit.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

A fairly well known bloke in my industry (it's a small field) used to actively hate me, actually called me a cunt in a work e mail chain that he replied all by mistake. Trouble was he as a big LFC fan and we used to regularly bump into each other on the train to Lime street from London then make awkward small talk for 2 hours. Anyway he died of a coke induced heart attack in a Holiday Inn Cardiff so whose calling who a cunt now Billy boy ? 

"Needless to say, I had the last laugh"

• Upvote 13

Remember going on my mates stag do. He had all us plus two lads he played golf with. One of them was a cunt. Weasel looking Manchester United fan. Once we got pissed he started laughing at how pissed I was. Told him he was a sad twat laughing at how pissed someone was on a stag do and if he didn't fuck off I'd twat him. 

Never spoke to me for rest of stag do. Or at the wedding 

• Upvote 2

My closest friends and I have been hanging around together most of our lives. I’m actually the new lad as I joined the ‘gang’ when I was eleven, I’m now forty eight. They’d all known each other since they were four.

I love them all but one of them I struggle to like. We have zero in common and I make allowances for this regularly, while he makes none.

No chance of a bust up though. Apart from anything else, he’d deck me easily. 

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

My brother in law went on a dad/kids camping bank holiday weekend with a bunch of blokes from the school. All relative strangers, introduced via their wives so everyone a bit nervous at first.  Anyway they all got hammered on the saturday night, people were being sick in the tents they were sharing with their kids, a fight broke out between 2 complete strangers and they were all kicked off the site on the sunday morning. Blokes en mass can be a nightmare.  

Fuck that. 

Why don’t they grow a fucking pair and refuse to go. 

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Just one fella whom I can think of; start to finish, top to bottom a colossal fucking prick. A hundred carat cunt.

This cunt has zero self-awareness, fucking thinks the sun shines out of his arse.

I fucked this boring fucking cunt off years ago, long before any of the other lads did, and I'd known him longer than any of those guys had.

Anyway, pretty swiftly, one by one, every single one of them has seen the light and fucked him off too, without any persuasion from me either I might add.

The cunt is now a pariah, no fucker likes him, and I know for a fact he absolutely blames me for this. As I said, zero self-awareness whatsoever.

On the one hand, it's mildly disturbing to be of the knowledge that there is someone out there who truly hates me, in the other hand it feels great to be long rid of that festering fucking cancer.

Life's too short, surround yourself with good people, you don't need that shit.

Agreed mate, I fucking hate him too.

This is @Bjornebye we're talking about right?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

My brother in law went on a dad/kids camping bank holiday weekend with a bunch of blokes from the school. All relative strangers, introduced via their wives so everyone a bit nervous at first.  Anyway they all got hammered on the saturday night, people were being sick in the tents they were sharing with their kids, a fight broke out between 2 complete strangers and they were all kicked off the site on the sunday morning. Blokes en mass can be a nightmare.  

I remember something similar a few years ago when my eldest started primary school, the missus would make friends with a load the mum's and meet up for drinks and meals etc.

After not long she got pally with this girl who as soon as I clapped eyes on her all alarm bells were ringing, ever get that when you look at someone for the first time and conclude "psycho"? She was early 20's, bit of a  samehead and was shacked up with this guy who was at least 10 years older who was well off, she had three kids all with silly names, their eldest at 5 was the same age as ours.

The wife kept trying to set up us going out  together and I flat out refused, I didn't like the girl and had nothing in common with the bloke. Anyway this girl persuaded the guy to sell the house they were living in which was a house he inherited from his folks who died and bought this large old house that needed shit loads doing to it, you could see this was wearing the guy down as she was spending loads of money on shite. 

I finally relented one time and we went out for drinks at a bar and it was exactly as I thought, the girls talking along whilst me and this guy barely spoke a word, this girl got hammered as the night went on and we ended going back to their building site of a new house, were she started bragging about how much shit was costing, he stated getting the hump and muttering how he's paying for it all (she didn't and had never worked) and a full scale argument broke out thing her throwing stuff at him and claiming she was sleeping with someone as as he's a boring cunt etc.

We made a hasty retreat back home and never seen them again. They split up, she found another rich mug, had a couple more kids and moved away. 

Needless to say the wife doesn't try and get me involved in anymore school parent forced fun shite since that night.

• Upvote 1

A lad I played cricket with.  Known him since he was a junior and thought he was ok at first. He was on Liverpool’s books for a while and eventually drop down the leagues and played a bit of non league.  

He was just a bully, picked on lots of the juniors and that has played out in the real world.  He’s got loads of kids, eventually married a girl I know, cheated on the stag do, cheated all the way through their 18 month marriage and had to be paid to fuck off. He beat up a lad at cricket once and i found out last week he smacked a lad who must be 10 years younger than him when City lost the CL. He’s a waste of a skin. 

Oh I forgot my neighbours. No I don’t want to wash my car, no I don’t want to celebrate the Queens jubblies or whatever that street party was for and I don’t want to see your house when you move in. I’ll say hello, ask politely how you are but that’s it. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Oh I forgot my neighbours. No I don’t want to wash my car, no I don’t want to celebrate the Queens jubblies or whatever that street party was for and I don’t want to see your house when you move in. I’ll say hello, ask politely how you are but that’s it. 

Bollocks I bet this is the nightly ritual with your neighbours when you pull up from work

t5dPiO.gif

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

A lad I played cricket with.  Known him since he was a junior and thought he was ok at first. He was on Liverpool’s books for a while and eventually drop down the leagues and played a bit of non league.  

He was just a bully, picked on lots of the juniors and that has played out in the real world.  He’s got loads of kids, eventually married a girl I know, cheated on the stag do, cheated all the way through their 18 month marriage and had to be paid to fuck off. He beat up a lad at cricket once and i found out last week he smacked a lad who must be 10 years younger than him when City lost the CL. He’s a waste of a skin. 

Sounds like a weapons grade cunt and hopefully long overdue a kicking.

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Sounds like a weapons grade cunt and hopefully long overdue a kicking.

He does regularly get smacked. Last Christmas he was sparked out in the pub for talking when he should have been listening. People just left him on the floor and stepped over him. 

• Upvote 1