You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pre-season 21/22 & season ahead views.

Scott_M

5 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Jesus, a friendly win and all of a sudden we're Brazil 1970! The squad is very lightweight, we'll be lucky to get top 4 and get out of the group in the CL.

Hahaha

We got 3rd with our entire backbone fucked last season.

Anything less than third and I'll give up my season ticket.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like to think we couldn't see a repeat of the sort of injury issues that derailed us last season, that would be beyond bad luck.

Bit equally it is difficult to see how the permacrocks in the squad will suddenly buck the trend of their careers with us and provide us with the availability/reliability we need.

There is no doubt about the quality we have, the doubt for me is around depth, reliability and the amount of injuries we seem to get and whether we have done enough to address those things - it feels like we are gambling somewhat by not replacing the unreliable and not adding depth.

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Like he has all pre-season, like a quality back with an unbelievable cross on him. 

Nice one. He looked great in the Europa League before we signed up. Did very well defensively as well against Adama Traore. Hope he takes his chance. 

I actually thought Divock did well and looked more up for it than last season. He held the ball up well, always on the move trying to get on the end of things but had poor crossing service in the 2nd half.

he definitely gives us something different…a proper number 9 which we will need against parked defences.  no harm having him as bench option if he’s fine with that.

and Woodburn….forgot about him and he looked really talented when in midfield.  

with Keita and Ox looking the players we signed and Elliott as a classy number 8, not sure we need another midfielder.  

Bowen would give us something different again up front but we have that 2018-20 look about us, sharp, playing in unison at a high tempo, which will roll most teams over. 

except this time with a deeper squad for the Cups.

Decent that. Konate is massive but Gomez looked right on his game. Him and VVD for me Konate has to do better. Ticketing system is a joke and then failings in the anny road end were pointless just pissed people offf having to walk round to the other entrances. We look good though, sharp passing and belief. The ease in Bobby’s goals was sublime from the team. 5/1? Worth a grand of anyone’s money. Great to be back 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Decent that. Konate is massive but Gomez looked right on his game. Him and VVD for me Konate has to do better. Ticketing system is a joke and then failings in the anny road end were pointless just pissed people offf having to walk round to the other entrances. We look good though, sharp passing and belief. The ease in Bobby’s goals was sublime from the team. 5/1? Worth a grand of anyone’s money. Great to be back 

Is right. Nevermind quality, they have to match our intensity first.  And then we'll beat them on quality. 

These cunts will run and run, and then deliver.  My word. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Did Konate not have a good game?

9 hours ago, Dynamite said:

So, off the back of these 2 final friendlies, here's who I'd pick for the opening fixture at Norwich.

Alisson; Trent, Matip, Konate, Tsimikas; Fabinho, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Salah, Jota, Mane.

Bench: Kelleher, Gomez, Virgil, Keita, Jones, Minamino, Firmino.

Fabinho is a must for me, and I think we need Milner's leadership on the park while Henderson and Virgil continue to get fitter.

I'd have Henderson and Thiago coming back into the squad for the Burnley fixture.

9 subs this year init