Scott_M

Pre-season 21/22 & season ahead views.

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

If some cunt with a name like fucking Kike G is scoring against us we may as well just wrap this shit up now.

This is on Klopp, if he had a shread of dignity he'd walk for this farce.

AOC and Origi had better hope none of their potential suiters have been watching, woeful.

AOC has looked sharp to me. Origi not so much.

6 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

If some cunt with a name like fucking Kike G is scoring against us we may as well just wrap this shit up now.

This is on Klopp, if he had a shread of dignity he'd walk for this farce.

AOC and Origi had better hope none of their potential suiters have been watching, woeful.

giphy (3) (56).gif

4 minutes ago, Brownie said:

AOC has looked sharp to me. Origi not so much.

Really?

Maybe first half, but since then I don't think I've seen him complete a pass and he's just run in to trouble again and again*

*I am only half watching in truth.

• Upvote 1

Never mind giving Keita the benefit of the doubt for another season, I'm getting back on the Woodburn wagon.

• Upvote 1

Well that was highly enjoyable. Mostly positives from all involved, especially Tsimikas and Ox.

So, off the back of these 2 final friendlies, here's who I'd pick for the opening fixture at Norwich.

Alisson; Trent, Matip, Konate, Tsimikas; Fabinho, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Salah, Jota, Mane.

Bench: Kelleher, Gomez, Virgil, Keita, Jones, Minamino, Firmino.

Fabinho is a must for me, and I think we need Milner's leadership on the park while Henderson and Virgil continue to get fitter.

I'd have Henderson and Thiago coming back into the squad for the Burnley fixture.

Really enjoyed that. Pretty much everyone aquitted themselves well, with the exception of Origi and maybe Neco. That Clarkson looks promising. Great game from Ox.

Origi looking like a massive problem to shift

Hate to say it but he really looks like he doesn't give a fuck, just happy to turn up train and pick up his wages. 

A few times when we got in down the flanks in that second half you could see him make no effort at all to get into the box. 

Just looks like he lacks any self belief or drive to actually play

3 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

So, off the back of these 2 final friendlies, here's who I'd pick for the opening fixture at Norwich.

Alisson; Trent, Matip, Konate, Tsimikas; Fabinho, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Salah, Jota, Mane.

Bench: Kelleher, Gomez, Virgil, Keita, Jones, Minamino, Firmino.

Fabinho is a must for me, and I think we need Milner's leadership on the park while Henderson and Virgil continue to get fitter.

I'd have Henderson and Thiago coming back into the squad for the Burnley fixture.

I’d 100% pick Alisson, Trent, Tsimikas, Fabinho, Salah, Jota and Mane. The rest i’m really not sure.

Just now, Lee909 said:

Origi looking like a massive problem to shift

Hate to say it but he really looks like he doesn't give a fuck, just happy to turn up train and pick up his wages. 

A few times when we got in down the flanks in that second half you could see him make no effort at all to get into the box. 

Just looks like he lacks any self belief or drive to actually play

The problem with Origi is our valuation. There are clubs who would sign him tomorrow if we were reasonable.

If he was as lazy as people say, he'd literally never play. Klopp still seems somewhat fond of him and plays him a reasonable amount for someone who isn't on the level of our other forwards.

We look so much better in our pressing with Firmino up top, it's a must that he starts. If Jota plays, it's instead of Mane.

Great performances from him, Tsimikas and Minamino tonight.

6 minutes ago, lebron said:

We look so much better in our pressing with Firmino up top, it's a must that he starts. If Jota plays, it's instead of Mane.

Great performances from him, Tsimikas and Minamino tonight.

Beyond the Norwich game, I agree with this fully. I'd just want to give Bobby an extra week of training before getting him in the starting lineup.

I'd of course have no problem whatsoever with Bobby starting against Norwich if Klopp thought that he was ready, but for me, I'd give Diogo the start at Norwich before bringing Bobby back in against Burnley.

Really enjoyed that. Proper sexy football from our big Red machine.

The kids especially impressive, the future is really bright.

No Shaq or Phillips, thinking we get rid and add 1 more in midfield?

The defence needs to stiffen up but playing together regularly as a unit will sort that. Starting with a softer fixture like Norwich will also help our cause and allow lads to get more minutes into their legs.

Our forwards looking razor sharp already.

Fuck off Engerland, here comes the proper stuff.

COYMR