You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pre-season 21/22 & season ahead views.

Scott_M

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feels odd reading criticism of Keita here.

Thought he was excellent. Put one almost on a plate for Mane, won the ball for Jota's goal, showed a couple of flashes to get away from pressure in midfield, and for once he was running around rather than just walking whenever the ball wasn't nearby. Not saying he can slot in for Gini but if he can show what he did today consistently through the season, then the dropoff won't be very significant.

The other player who did himself a favour today was Harvey Elliott. He can definitely play at first team level this season, looks every bit a first team player and if he continues to develop will make a huge impact for us in the future.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

What did Spackman at half time in relation to the delayed start, and subsequently make an apology for at the end?

Revealed himself as Istvan Kuntstain from TLW before offering everyone out and called John Henry a shithouse cunt.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Come on. Tsmiskas has been one of best players in preseason, let’s be more optimistic.

I need some more Scott_M in my life just to perk me up from time to time. Next time my car breaks down, you can remind me I've got a BMX with one wheel missing in the shed. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Baltar said:

I honestly can't believe this injury to Robbo. Knowing our lucky he's out until next year. We are fucking cursed with injuries.

Looked similar to the injuries Kane has picked up, he's ranged from 20 to 60 days out.

Do we think VVD is ready?

I’m not sure. 

Obviously it’s great having his passing range back and looking a threat from set pieces again.

He still looks a tad off in his defending to me. There were times yesterday, he wasn’t tight enough and allowed players to turn.

For example, a 100% Virg clears their goal. Not saying it was a mistake, just saying he’d have cleared it before. There was also noticeable example in the first half of he not been tight enough and letting somebody turn on the edge of the box.

It’s understandable he’s a bit rusty after the time he’s had out but I don’t think he’s 100% match fit.

To me, I think it’s worth the risk of him playing. It’s obvious how much free’er the rest of the side are with him playing.

13 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Do we think VVD is ready?

I’m not sure. 

Obviously it’s great having his passing range back and looking a threat from set pieces again.

He still looks a tad off in his defending to me. There were times yesterday, he wasn’t tight enough and allowed players to turn.

For example, a 100% Virg clears their goal. Not saying it was a mistake, just saying he’d have cleared it before. There was also noticeable example in the first half of he not been tight enough and letting somebody turn on the edge of the box.

It’s understandable he’s a bit rusty after the time he’s had out but I don’t think he’s 100% match fit.

To me, I think it’s worth the risk of him playing. It’s obvious how much free’er the rest of the side are with him playing.

100% agree with this.

Both Virg and Gomez look some way off the pace, both need to get (considerably) more minutes into their legs.

I think Kloppo goes with Matip and Konate to start against Norwich.

Yeah no point in rushing them back. A bit shaky defensively. 

Still think we lack clinical finishing. Salah is like Vader watching his stormtroopers shoot everything but the target. Its friendlies though its more a flashback to last season even from the end of the season before. This season we need to be more composed infront of goal. Fortunately for us we can create.

Personally, I think it’s the risk to start VVD. He’ll get back to match fitness quicker by playing and the positives outweigh the potential negatives. 

Even with a 80% VVD, you’d hope we still have more than enough against Norwich and Burnley, especially if our attacking players look as sharp as they have done since VVD’s return. 

Hopefully those games give him an extra 10% ahead of Chelsea.

Also, guaranteed Salah hat-trick at Norwich.

People are setting themselves up for a big fall if they are expecting anything from Keita this season.

I hope Tsimikas is half as good as some are suggesting as well, as that Robbo injury put a real downer on everything yesterday. Up until that point I thought we’d looked really sharp as well.

The general view of yesterdays game from my perspective was that we looked really sharp with the ball but defensively wide open.

• Upvote 1