Jump to content
Scott_M

Pre-season 21/22 & season ahead views.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Tsimikas has had a great preseason.

Genuinely going to save us millions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

The fuck is going on with that kit? 

Apparently the 'stone' shirt was deemeed indistinguishable from bologna’s white and logistics meant they couldn’t change the whole kit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/08/2021 at 22:25, Carvalho Diablo said:

I like Shaq. He's one of our most creative players and creativity is one of the few qualities we lack.

 

£12m is fuck all for a player of Shaq's quality.

The pass he made to Salah against WHU was sublime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

The pass he made to Salah against WHU was sublime

I mean, it was a cross, when under no pressure, to a man in acres of space.

 

And it still needed the perfect touch from Salah, otherwise the chance was gone.

 

What did you expect him to produce there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, m0e said:

I mean, it was a cross, when under no pressure, to a man in acres of space.

 

And it still needed the perfect touch from Salah, otherwise the chance was gone.

 

What did you expect him to produce there?

It was a very well executed pass from 50 yards out, perfectly weighted and Salah didn’t have to break his stride. The fact that Salah killed it with his touch shouldn’t take away from the quality of the delivery. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, aRdja said:

It was a very well executed pass from 50 yards out, perfectly weighted and Salah didn’t have to break his stride. The fact that Salah killed it with his touch shouldn’t take away from the quality of the delivery. 

Salah had to kill it with his touch. That's my point. I'm not taking away from the pass, I just don't see it as something to wank about.

 

The Salah touch made the goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been thinking about it and I think 4th is a reasonable expectation for us this season. Maybe 3rd. I don't really have any expectations beyond that. Chelsea are stronger than us now, great squad, capable manager and now one of the best goalscorers in Europe coming in. We won't get near them, nor City. Fuggeddaboudit. It'll be between us and United for 3rd and 4th. They have enough talent to get through most games regardless of their manager's inadequacy and, if they're in trouble, they've still got the refs and VAR throwing them penalties to bail them out. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chris said:

Been thinking about it and I think 4th is a reasonable expectation for us this season. Maybe 3rd. I don't really have any expectations beyond that. Chelsea are stronger than us now, great squad, capable manager and now one of the best goalscorers in Europe coming in. We won't get near them, nor City. Fuggeddaboudit. It'll be between us and United for 3rd and 4th. They have enough talent to get through most games regardless of their manager's inadequacy and, if they're in trouble, they've still got the refs and VAR throwing them penalties to bail them out. 

I think you're doing our squad, manager and Salah a massive injustice there. Ok they might have a better bench but we have a better manager and I'd have Salah over Lukaku every day of the week. I'd also have our best starting 11 over theirs. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think you're doing our squad, manager and Salah a massive injustice there. Ok they might have a better bench but we have a better manager and I'd have Salah over Lukaku every day of the week. I'd also have our best starting 11 over theirs. 

Maybe, but their squad is exceptionally strong. So much talent to call on. I'd have Salah over Lukaku because of the way we play. Lukaku is just what they need – someone to put the ball in the net. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chris said:

Maybe, but their squad exceptionally strong. So much talent to call on. I'd have Salah over Lukaku because of the way we play. Lukaku is just what they need – someone to put the ball in the net. 

What do you think we need?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, m0e said:

What do you think we need?

Better 'squad' players and he's right but 'Fuggeddaboudit' is a load of arse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Better 'squad' players and he's right but 'Fuggeddaboudit' is a load of arse. 

I don't think they've got better squad players.

 

They certainly have more, but most of them are shite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Better 'squad' players and he's right but 'Fuggeddaboudit' is a load of arse. 

We'll see won't we. I just don't think a title challenge is remotely realistic. To expect one is a bit naive, IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a gruelling season.

 

Chelsea and City and maybe even United will finish head of us simply because of sheer numbers.


When either of those three are playing garbage or flagging they've got plenty off the bench to change a game and wear down the opposition. We have Origi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chris said:

We'll see won't we. I just don't think a title challenge is remotely realistic. To expect one is a bit naive, IMO

From a squad that won the league at a canter the year before and have the best CB in the world and the fans back? Come on Chris. Top your glass up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

From a squad that won the league at a canter the year before and have the best CB in the world and the fans back? Come on Chris. Top your glass up. 

You know full well that's not the full equation. Bobby and Sadio's form isn't just going to magically come back to the title winning season. Both were fucking awful for most of last season. Henderson was a phenomenon for those two seasons. Not the case anymore, with persistent injuries. Who knows whether Virg' will still be the BITW? Question marks over the fitness of every centre half, our most consistent midfielder gone and not replaced, Robbo has played so much fucking football and it really showed last season, Ali's form was suspect even before the family tragedy. 

 

All of our rivals have brought in world class players. 

 

I'm not saying it can't happen but absolutely everything has to go right for us to stand a chance. It won't. And having 500,000 fans inside Anfield wouldn't change that. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chris said:

You know full well that's not the full equation. Bobby and Sadio's form isn't just going to magically come back to the title winning season. Both were fucking awful for most of last season. Henderson was a phenomenon for those two seasons. Not the case anymore, with persistent injuries. Who knows whether Virg' will still be the BITW? Question marks over the fitness of every centre half, our most consistent midfielder gone and not replaced, Robbo has played so much fucking football and it really showed last season, Ali's form was suspect even before the family tragedy. 

 

All of our rivals have brought in world class players. 

 

I'm not saying it can't happen but absolutely everything has to go right for us to stand a chance. It won't. And having 500,000 fans inside Anfield wouldn't change that. 

Ok mate. Let's see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We finished last season well,  we have Van Dijk back a new centre back in place and the best manager in the league bar non , crowds back will definitely help .

Now I'm not saying were going to sweep everything before us because other teams have strengthened and we may or may not do so ( I reckon we will by the way ) 

Watch this space but  come April/ May I'm confident we'll be in the mix .

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Chris said:

You know full well that's not the full equation. Bobby and Sadio's form isn't just going to magically come back to the title winning season. Both were fucking awful for most of last season. Henderson was a phenomenon for those two seasons. Not the case anymore, with persistent injuries. Who knows whether Virg' will still be the BITW? Question marks over the fitness of every centre half, our most consistent midfielder gone and not replaced, Robbo has played so much fucking football and it really showed last season, Ali's form was suspect even before the family tragedy. 

 

All of our rivals have brought in world class players. 

 

I'm not saying it can't happen but absolutely everything has to go right for us to stand a chance. It won't. And having 500,000 fans inside Anfield wouldn't change that. 

That's because they didn't have many of them to begin with, save for City.

 

I'm still not sure why you're so adamant that practically the same squad that won everything, and was top in Janaury, has to do much to stay competitive.

 

We were the best team on the planet for nearly 3 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×