Jump to content
Scott_M

Pre-season 21/22 & season ahead views.

Recommended Posts

It was all right, not bad for a game involving six different CB pairings.

 

Glad Chamberlain got his goal, will help his confidence if he is played up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, an tha said:

At £23 to watch low quality opposition in a friendly there ought to be.

 

Disgusting pricing.

 

A chance, in the uncertain times, to go to Anfield and call Klopp a cunt is priceless.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Pidge said:

It was all right, not bad for a game involving six different CB pairings.

 

Glad Chamberlain got his goal, will help his confidence if he is played up there.

I like Ox as a footballer but CF isn’t his position IMO. He prefers being on the ball and he doesn’t make runs in behind. He’s a good attack midfielder in any of the three positions behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1, or as a more attacking midfielder in a three man midfield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aRdja said:

I like Ox as a footballer but CF isn’t his position IMO. He prefers being on the ball and he doesn’t make runs in behind. He’s a good attack midfielder in any of the three positions behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1, or as a more attacking midfielder in a three man midfield. 

Our centre forward plays deep and needs to link with the deeper midfielders. He's quick over short distances, which will help in the area, it would reduce the miles he has to cover (injury wise) and he hits the ball cleanly.

 

As a backup option it's an experiment I'm happy to see unfold. Would still like a pure CF to play alongside when needed (but last time I was thinking that we ended up with Carroll...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s the 3rd game in a row Elliott has started in a midfield 3 and he looked pretty good there last night.  He’s ahead of Ox and Jones in that advanced role. As is Naby, who has looked a player pre season. 
 

think the first month will have a Konate - Matip partnership as both VVD and Joe naturally looked rusty.

 

no sign of Origi , even though about 4 kids came on.

 

terrible 3rd goal from Nat, who got caught under the ball. In many ways, be great for him to leave this summer with the cult hero status fresh in our memories.  Don’t do a Divock.

 

Probably most interesting is Mo and Sadio playing like old fashioned outside rights and lefts, rather than inverted wingers.  Think they’re playing a little more inside than previously. This means a Minamino could back up Bobby but still think we need a proper number 9 as plan B. Personally, I would go for Danny Ings despite his age….34 league goals in past two seasons to Mo’s and Kane’s 41.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Kevin D said:

 

A chance, in the uncertain times, to go to Anfield and call Klopp a cunt is priceless.

Now you put it like that....hold on just logging in....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see all the Copa & Euro’s players are back today, apart from Hendo, who is meeting up with the squad when they return to the UK (I assume Friday?).

 

Can only assume we’re giving Hendo extra time off because he went straight from an injury into the Euros? Bit odd otherwise.

 

Keita nailed onto start at Norwich, before Hendo replaces him after 20 mins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit odd as the Copa final was only the day before the Euro one , but obviously given extra time to negotiate with Sunderland or maybe Alisson has a few baptisms to do with the u23's before they go home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Bit odd as the Copa final was only the day before the Euro one , but obviously given extra time to negotiate with Sunderland or maybe Alisson has a few baptisms to do with the u23's before they go home.


Sunderland?

 

Should be no issues Alisson starting at Norwich. Similarly, Fabinho barely played for Brazil so I reckon he‘ll be available. 
 

I’d be out starting line up v Norwich will be:

 

Alisson, Trent, Konaté, Matip, Robbo, Keita, Fabinho, Thaigo, Salah, Mane, Jota.

 

Wouldnt surprise me if we’re setting VVD, Hendo and Firmino the target of starting v Chelsea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Scott_M said:


Sunderland?

 

Should be no issues Alisson starting at Norwich. Similarly, Fabinho barely played for Brazil so I reckon he‘ll be available. 
 

I’d be out starting line up v Norwich will be:

 

Alisson, Trent, Konaté, Matip, Robbo, Keita, Fabinho, Thaigo, Salah, Mane, Jota.

 

Wouldnt surprise me if we’re setting VVD, Hendo and Firmino the target of starting v Chelsea. 

Sorry Scott , I was being a tad facetious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tickets still on sale for both Anfield games. Can't remember tickets being available for general sale this long since Hodgson left.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corporal Kolodny learned about it first in a phone call from Group and was so shaken by the news that he crossed the intelligence tent on tiptoe to Captain Black, who was resting drowsily with his bladed shins up on thedesk, and relayed the information to him in a shocked whisper.

 

Captain Black brightened immediately. “Bologna?” he exclaimed with delight. “Well, I’ll be damned.” He broke into loud laughter. “Bologna, huh?” He laughed again and shook his head in pleasant amazement. “Oh, boy! I can’t wait to see those bastards’ faces when they find out they’re going to Bologna. Ha, ha, ha!”

 

It was the first really good laugh Captain Black had enjoyed since the day Major Major outsmarted him and was appointed squadron commander, and he rose with torpid enthusiasm and stationed himself behind the front counter in order to wring the most enjoyment from the occasion when the bombardiers arrived for their map kits.

 

“That’s right, you bastards, Bologna,” he kept repeating to all the bombardiers who inquired incredulously if they were really going to Bologna. “Ha! Ha! Ha! Eat your livers, you bastards. This time you’re really in for it.”

 

Captain Black followed the last of them outside to observe with relish the effect of the knowledge upon all of the other officers and enlisted men who were assembling with their helmets, parachutes and flak suits around the four trucks idling in the center of the squadron area. He was a tall, narrow, disconsolate man who moved with acrabby listlessness. He shaved his pinched, pale face every third or fourth day, and most of the time he appeared to be growing a reddish-gold mustache over his skinny upper lip. He was not disappointed in the scene outside.

 

There was consternation darkening every expression, and Captain Black yawned deliciously, rubbed the last lethargy from his eyes and laughed gloatingly each time he told someone else to eat his liver.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/08/2021 at 10:55, Scott_M said:

I’d be out starting line up v Norwich will be:

 

Alisson, Trent, Konaté, Matip, Robbo, Keita, Fabinho, Thaigo, Salah, Mane, Jota.

 

Wouldnt surprise me if we’re setting VVD, Hendo and Firmino the target of starting v Chelsea. 

 

Swap Thiago for Milner. 

 

I can't see VVD's first start being against Chelsea. I think we will be using the league cup third round game as his first start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First line up today - Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Milner, Keita, Elliott, Jota, Mane, Salah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

First line up today - Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Milner, Keita, Elliott, Jota, Mane, Salah.

Klopp is trying to freeze Alisson out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MegadriveMan said:

 

Swap Thiago for Milner. 

 

I can't see VVD's first start being against Chelsea. I think we will be using the league cup third round game as his first start. 


Depends on this knock of Thiago’s.

 

The second team will be interesting today. Wonder if there will be any noticeable absentee’s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

 

The second team will be interesting today. Wonder if there will be any noticeable absentees?

Principally, which central defender isn’t playing?

 

EDIT : Klopp says Gomez and Konaté “are available “, so that’s cleared up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×