You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The annoying driving habits thread

Section_31

51 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Also people who speed up when you start overtaking them. What the fuck is that all about?

The maddest variation on this theme is on the motorway when I drive with the ACC on, so I know my speed is consistent, and yet the cunt who’s pulled right up my arse cuts back in front of me when I let him (and it is ALWAYS a him) pass before promptly slowing down again.  Prick. 

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

But, BUT, when some other cunt parks behind you it restricts access to the boot to put your shopping in. Even worse when people block you in on either side, SIDE. 

True - definitely the best way on a big shop, but the initial argument was not holding up others. You'd do that on the way out.

*drives 5 secs* 

**brake**

*drives 5 secs* 

**brake**

*drives 5 secs* 

**brake**

*drives 5 secs* 

**brake**

*drives 5 secs* 

**brake**

*drives 5 secs* 

**brake**

*drives 5 secs* 

**brake**

*drives 5 secs* 

**brake**

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

What model BMW do you drive Paulie? 

Skoda masterrace here. 

Seriously though, I was driving down Dunningsbridge a few weeks ago and there was a sign stating that a lane was closing in 1/2km.  People were immediately stopping and getting into the lane which was remaining open when they saw the sign, it was grim, cars literally stopped waiting to change lanes.  Lorries, cars, everyone immediately filtering in and causing an absolutely bottle-neck 1/2km long.  I simply went down the road until it was appropriate to filter in 1/2km later.  If everyone had done that and used the, "Everyone let 1 car in" method there would not have been an issue really.  Haters gonna hate. 

I’m all for making sure that you don’t leave yourself boxed in when pulling up behind another car, but drivers that leave six or 8 feet between cars when they stop at lights absolutely blow my mind.

19 minutes ago, Paul said:

I’m all for making sure that you don’t leave yourself boxed in when pulling up behind another car, but drivers that leave six or 8 feet between cars when they stop at lights absolutely blow my mind.

I think leaving 6 to 8 feet is sensible and safe driving. Just because we have become accustomed to tailgating each other doesn't mean it's the correct way. 

On 11/07/2021 at 08:38, Paulie Dangerously said:

Mixed feelings about this one as a lot of times using both lanes and everyone letting one car in at a time at the point of filter would be much less time consuming than everyone pointlessly getting in Lane half a mile before they actually need to. 

Yep, it's actively encouraged in some countries - called zip lining. The cunts who do it at speed are the ones who ruin it. Happened to me this morning. I was tempted to shut down the right lane by sprawling but decided against it. Then they whizzed passed, indicated and swung across my bonnet forcing me to brake. 

I wish I had now. 

Twats who edge out into the road over the give way signs expecting you to stop and let them out because they have tried to bully everyone into giving in. Had one the other day who got irate at me because he was virtually in the road and I refused to give into him.

People who don't acknowledge you when you let them through a narrow road/parked cars.

People who bully their way through a situation like that and sarcastically put a hand up saying thanks. Like you had a choice in the matter.

People who park on either side of the road creating a bottleneck. I pick my daughter up from school sometimes but always get there early. People will have an almost empty stretch of road but park on the other side to me narrowing the road. This road has tons of buses and cars going down it yet dickheads will park wherever they want even if it causes long delays for everyone else. 

People who park on double yellows and put their hazard lights on. There's a chippy at the top of my road and People will park outside it and put their hazard lights on. They then create massive queues for traffic going both ways as well as the cars trying to get out of the road opposite.

• Upvote 1

Also there seems to be an increase in twats driving who are on their phones. Past couple of weeks I've seen people on them without a care in the world. I was pulling into Burger King last week and there was some dozy bitch just blocking the exit onto the main road just sitting there messaging someone. Sitting in the middle so no one could get in or out. I stopped about 5 yards away and looked at her but she was so engrossed in her phone she didn't even look up. She shat herself when I beeped her yet scowled at me like I was in the wrong.

Was walking to the station the other day. There's a bridge over the train station at Roby, the road bends around and at the bottom is a graveyard and a complete blind spot where other cars come racing around. Some cunt was driving down towards the graveyard in an open top car whilst holding his phone in one hand on loudspeaker. Obviously thinking this is hands free. He totally misjudged the road and had to brake last second to avoid going into the graveyard. Still doesn't put his phone down and then almost gets taken out by another car going uphill. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Also there seems to be an increase in twats driving who are on their phones. Past couple of weeks I've seen people on them without a care in the world. I was pulling into Burger King last week and there was some dozy bitch just blocking the exit onto the main road just sitting there messaging someone. Sitting in the middle so no one could get in or out. I stopped about 5 yards away and looked at her but she was so engrossed in her phone she didn't even look up. She shat herself when I beeped her yet scowled at me like I was in the wrong.

Was walking to the station the other day. There's a bridge over the train station at Roby, the road bends around and at the bottom is a graveyard and a complete blind spot where other cars come racing around. Some cunt was driving down towards the graveyard in an open top car whilst holding his phone in one hand on loudspeaker. Obviously thinking this is hands free. He totally misjudged the road and had to brake last second to avoid going into the graveyard. Still doesn't put his phone down and then almost gets taken out by another car going uphill. 

If the graveyard hasn't put a sign up with words to the effect of "Slow the fuck down otherwise you'll end up here permanently", they're missing a trick.

• Like 1

People who park really close to traffic islands are high up on the cunt ladder. Especially if the road is a bus route because if a car is struggling to get through whatever gap is left, there's no chance a bus can do it.

Might already have been mentioned but dickheads reaching the Give Way on a one way street, signalling to turn right but keeping the car left. Are they expecting traffic to come the other way or something?

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

Hot women driving flashy cars. It makes me think that if I could afford a flashier car, I’d be able to attract hotter women. 

I can’t, I don’t. 

Very annoying. 

When you see a hot 20 yr old driving a 100k car round here I think drug dealers moll not entrepreneur. But a lot do have Nail Bars and Hair Salons.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

When you see a hot 20 yr old driving a 100k car round here I think drug dealers moll not entrepreneur. But a lot do have Nail Bars and Hair Salons.

Usually paying 400 quid a month for the privilege 

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

People who park really close to traffic islands are high up on the cunt ladder. Especially if the road is a bus route because if a car is struggling to get through whatever gap is left, there's no chance a bus can do it.

Might already have been mentioned but dickheads reaching the Give Way on a one way street, signalling to turn right but keeping the car left. Are they expecting traffic to come the other way or something?

People who park next to a junction of any sort. Pulling onto Eaton Road North is hard enough without some cunt blocking the view even more. I've seen the cunt get out and it's not even the fella who lives on the end house. Inconsiderate wankholes 

The left turn. 

One of the easiest manoeuvres you'll make on the road. Yet there are still drivers who swerve right before turning left, often encroaching into the right lane as if they are a HGV. Some will come to a complete stop to make a left turn, others slow down to a snails pace well before. 

I'm not suggesting they make left turns on two wheels but neither am I happy with the other extreme.

Dithering old bastards.

Had one nearly cause mayhem while I was on my way home from work on Saturday morning.

Joining the M6 at J31 coming from Samlesbury, there's nice big slip road to let you pick up speed and join the motorway in a safe manner. This silly old cunt in front though it'd be a great idea to slow down to 25mph and approach the motorway at a snail's pace. Luckily, I could get round him and leave him to his fun and games.

Imagine my disappointment when a HGV didn't destroy the old cunt and his Renault, therefore sparing people from his complete stupidity.

The school run is another one that pisses me off. Double parking isn't a new thing and is always the preserve of ignorant bastards. However, at my mum and dad's estate, cunts have now taken to parking their people carriers over driveways and being totally ignorant whilst waiting for their fat little lazy bastards.

I'm off for a lie down now before I burst a blood vessel.

• Upvote 2