You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The annoying driving habits thread

Section_31

Great thread. 

• As above - cunts who use the closing lane as a way to cheat the traffic and merge at the final minute. 
  • Cunts who don't indicate at round abounds.
  • Bells who tailgate to try and force you to speed only to then understand and hit a series of red lights. 
  • Meffs joining the motorway and think you have to slow down to 30mph to allow them in even if your overtaking lane is blocked/occupied. 
  • Anyone who drives a taxi or white van.
  • Drivers who go slower than the speed limit. 
  • People who buy massive 4x4s and can't drive them. 
  • Gobshites who park next to you in the car park despite there being loads of other spaces. 
  • Anyone old driving. 
  • Passive-aggressive quims who try and do things that end up causing more danger. 
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Superb said:

Great thread. 

• As above - cunts who use the closing lane as a way to cheat the traffic and merge at the final minute. 
  • Bells who tailgate to try and force you to speed only to then understand and hit a series of red lights. 
  • Meffs joining the motorway and think you have to slow down to 30mph to allow them in even if your overtaking lane is blocked/occupied. 
  • Gobshites who park next to you in the car park despite there being loads of other spaces. 
  • Anyone old driving. 
  • Passive-aggressive quims who try and do things that end up causing more danger. 

This. Often women taking their kids a massive 1/2 mile to school.

Need to add boy racers who think their “incredible” reactions can help them defy the laws of physics if a kid steps out from behind a car when they’re ragging it through a 30mph zone. Worst of the fucking worst. 

• Upvote 1

I think this thread could be summed up mainly as drivers that have no idea what the highway code is. I've said for years that you should have to take a retest for your license after a number of years. I also like the American system where you go to the DMV and take a tick test every two years and an eye test. 

We may have some of the safest roads in the world but christ that must be a low bar. I know I am not the only person here that has to drive in order to compensate for the poor driving out there. I could if I wanted get a claim every single time I go out due to idiots not knowing how to drive. 

There's a small roundabout that takes you on to the M53 at J2. There's a big yellow sign that tells drivers to use both lanes, then exit in the same lane you entered from. There's a nice diagram that a small child could understand. But every time I am on the left and there's a car on the right, they swerve over to my lane forcing me to brake. I have a camera so I could literally get a new front wing and door every day. 

Screenshot-2021-07-10-at-21-20-49.png

I miss the days when I could pull the bastards over and give them shit about their poor driving. 

2 hours ago, Poster said:

I think this thread could be summed up mainly as drivers that have no idea what the highway code is. I've said for years that you should have to take a retest for your license after a number of years. I also like the American system where you go to the DMV and take a tick test every two years and an eye test. 

We may have some of the safest roads in the world but christ that must be a low bar. I know I am not the only person here that has to drive in order to compensate for the poor driving out there. I could if I wanted get a claim every single time I go out due to idiots not knowing how to drive. 

There's a small roundabout that takes you on to the M53 at J2. There's a big yellow sign that tells drivers to use both lanes, then exit in the same lane you entered from. There's a nice diagram that a small child could understand. But every time I am on the left and there's a car on the right, they swerve over to my lane forcing me to brake. I have a camera so I could literally get a new front wing and door every day. 

Screenshot-2021-07-10-at-21-20-49.png

I miss the days when I could pull the bastards over and give them shit about their poor driving. 

Looks like a little person in a yellow suit with no head in a wheelchair there. 

Cunts who are obviously in a hurry to get somewhere (usually a "MaccyD's" drive thru) or have done something ridiculous that required drastic avoidance measures from you, who then get pissed off that you honked your horn at their obvious stupidity/are somehow slowing them down/are in the way, yet still take the time to shout a load of abuse and/or try and brake test you.

People who drive without lights on when it's dark. The only reason they can see where they are going is because non-stupid people are guiding their way by actually using their lights. These simpletons are nearly always women too.

14 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The obvious one but the cunts who sneak in when the traffic is going into a single lane, hard faced cunts know full well whats going on. See West Derby Road where that cycle lane starts (up there with one of the worst ideas the local council has ever had) 

Mixed feelings about this one as a lot of times using both lanes and everyone letting one car in at a time at the point of filter would be much less time consuming than everyone pointlessly getting in Lane half a mile before they actually need to. 

Doing 50mph in the middle lane is a great shout. When that happens I like to wait until someone overtakes them and time it so I undertake them at the exact same time. I once did this to a lorry while playing James Bond music out my window.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Superb said:

As above - cunts who use the closing lane as a way to cheat the traffic and merge at the final minute.

Fuck sake. I’m gonna be in a bad mood all day now, thinking of this. 

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Queens Drive 

If I’m ever up there to go to a match, I just leave my car in Speke or Hunts Cross and get the 81 bus in & out. Queens Drive is a fucking nightmare before and after. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Paul said:

Cunts with no concept of right of way and, even worse, cunts who ignore right of way to “be polite”. That shit causes accidents, dickheads. Just stick to the fucking Highway Code. 

Yeah people who spontaneously decide to give way to the left at a roundabout 

21 hours ago, Soft Joe said:

Reverser inners. Holding everyone up whilst they try and reverse into a parking space it would take 2 seconds to just drive into.

This doesn’t apply to parallel parking obviously where it actually helps to reverse into tight spaces.

Bollocks. So much easier to get out, and you don't hold anyone up when doing so.

21 hours ago, Soft Joe said:

Reverser inners. Holding everyone up whilst they try and reverse into a parking space it would take 2 seconds to just drive into.

This doesn’t apply to parallel parking obviously where it actually helps to reverse into tight spaces.

Reverse inners are the best drivers, because they generally then don't reverse out into pedestrians or oncoming cars. As I was trained to never park my police car facing inwards (as to allow a fast departure in an emergency) I've rarely if ever just driven into a parking space where it would mean reversing to get out of it, force of habit. 

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

But, BUT, when some other cunt parks behind you it restricts access to the boot to put your shopping in. Even worse when people block you in on either side, SIDE. 

A valid point, supermarket parking bays are generally too narrow. Just park in the parent and child space and carry your loaf of bread wrapped in a blanket. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PestiRed said:

People who drive on your tail lights so you let them past and then they drive slower than you because it turns out that they can only drive at a decent speed when someone is in front of them showing them what to do

Also people who speed up when you start overtaking them. What the fuck is that all about?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Mixed feelings about this one as a lot of times using both lanes and everyone letting one car in at a time at the point of filter would be much less time consuming than everyone pointlessly getting in Lane half a mile before they actually need to. 

What model BMW do you drive Paulie? 

15 hours ago, Superb said:

Great thread. 

• Anyone old driving. 

Agreed! Except for next to last! Id replace with 20 to 38 year old men who think they're Lewis Hamilton but dont understand the laws of physics never mind the road!

12 hours ago, sir roger said:

One of the worst stretches for this I think is where you are coming around Switch Island and joining the M57. The lane markings don't make any sense and people constantly start switching lane at the last minute. Regular smashes there.

Spot on Roger. How many times have they redesigned the layout at Switch? Seems almost everytime you use it the design has changed!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Doing 50mph in the middle lane is a great shout. When that happens I like to wait until someone overtakes them and time it so I undertake them at the exact same time. I once did this to a lorry while playing James Bond music out my window.

People who undertake…

1 hour ago, littletedwest said:

Yeah people who spontaneously decide to give way to the left at a roundabout 

Or stopping in the middle of the road to let someone waiting to turn right do so. Causes frustration with cars forced to stop behind the tit and doubt from the person turning right whether to do so or not.