You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The annoying driving habits thread

Section_31

Needs a thread of its own.

One of my biggest bugbears is people who stop wherever they want to drop of pick somoene up.

Rather than park around the corner and letting the passenger walk 20 feet to the train station, they'll literally pull up on a double yellow, causing a bottleneck while five cars have to sit there behind like twats waiting for them. For shits and giggles they'll have s bit of a natter before they close the door too. But all this is perfectly fine though as they've put their hazzards on and that's what hazzards age for.

I think the reason this grinds is that I'm the polar opposite. If I'm picking the Mrs off in town I plan it like a CIA hostage rescue, I've actually been known to Skype Michael Biehn two days before setting off.

I also hate it when people dither at roundabouts when even Ray Charles can see there's nothing coming. There's roundabouts in Skem bigger than the mother ship from V and you'll still be sat there behind some Renault for ages.

• Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, Edward. said:

People who would rather block a junction than let you out. 

Just about to post this, seems to be a woman driver speciality. Waiting to turn right out of a T junction, not today pal, and certainly not if it’s a Fiat 500 that wants to turn into your junction. 
Try to explain to one why it’s sometimes easier just to let someone out and give yourself more room to make the turn and you’ll usually be met with a look of utter confusion as it’s clearly never occurred to them.

It's much worse here. People think nothing of stopping in the middle of town, blocking dozens of people, just to have a chat with a mate they've seen walking down the street.

Same on foot really. People think it's perfectly acceptable to block the entire pavement. You can be standing in front of them for a good 10/15 seconds before they have the awareness that they have to move, and then actually bother to do so.

Driving in Turkey.

They don't know what roundabouts, pedestrian crossings or red lights are.

Triple park, fuck me I even saw a horse double parked a few backs.

All have cars with some sort of tracking system that allows the car to drive with the lane dividing line right through the centre of the car.

.4 of a second to respond to a green light before car behind beaps horn.

Had to fit front and rear cameras to cover myself when turning at a junction on a green light, fuckas coming the other way don't recognise red lights and the bizzies ain't believing me.

Worst drivers ever.

3 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Driving in Turkey.

All have cars with some sort of tracking system that allows the car to drive with the lane dividing line right through the centre of the car.

Had to fit front and rear cameras to cover myself when turning at a junction on a green light, fuckas coming the other way don't recognise red lights and the bizzies ain't believing me.

Worst drivers ever.

Southern Europe is generally fucking abysmal for driving. Italy, Spain and Greece are equally atrocious. 

Couple of points, Im a driver with a dash cam. Nothing unusual there! I also cycle and go for a 'run' around the streets. It's clear loads of people just dont give a fuck.

I sometimes find myself watching those dash cam films on You Tube. The number of times drivers with dash cams are so entitled is the same as the other shite drivers on the road. You see dash cam driver jumping on the horn when someone pulls out in front of them. OK, what's wrong with that you say? Well, except dashcam driver while jumping on the horn doesnt even attempt to slow down and avoid the inevitable bump. They just carry on driving at the same fucking speed and Im not talking about those incidents where you havent got time to slow down.

When Im out driving, I dont drive up close to cyclist or try and get within 12" of them to make them fall off or cut them up. Yes, there's some twats on bikes but dont make the assumption the one you're coming up on is.

Same when Im out driving and I see someone out jogging. I dont just drive in front of them when making a turn especially into a side street they may be crossing.

When you give way to someone coming the other way because nobs have doubled parked and the other driver sails through without giving an acknowledgement. Ive said to the old girl, why is it mainly women who never acknowledge you giving way? Fuck right off.

I could go on but dont want to bore you all!

40 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

Just about to post this, seems to be a woman driver speciality. Waiting to turn right out of a T junction, not today pal, and certainly not if it’s a Fiat 500 that wants to turn into your junction. 
Try to explain to one why it’s sometimes easier just to let someone out and give yourself more room to make the turn and you’ll usually be met with a look of utter confusion as it’s clearly never occurred to them.

Even turning left into a build up of traffic people still won’t let you out preferring to join the queue one car closer to the front.

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

People who don't indicate on exiting junctions or roundabouts, drives me fucking insane. I must have shouted "Fucking indicate" over a million times at people.

Or when they indicate right and go straight over.

Fucking shocking drivers here in NZ. Cunts that do 80k in a 100k zone until it comes to somewhere you can pass them and then they floor it. Or the one speed having motherfuckers who do 70 in a 100 zone, 70 in an 80 zone, 70 in a 50 zone etc.

Just way too much testosterone on the roads in this country. Macho sheep shagging twats. Lovely people till they get behind the wheel. 

Arseholes who drive 10 mph below the speed limit when they get into the right hand lane grind my fucking gears. 

90% women 10%  bearded, bespectacled student looking men.

Swear down the do this cos they’re terrified of being near the kerb and like the big open space in front of them. 

You will find always find these cunts joining traffic from the Mons all the way to Maghull

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

I sometimes find myself watching those dash cam films on You Tube...

The Russian ones usually consist of some mentalist ploughing ahead at 100mph with zero idea that there is a pedal next to the accelerator that helps enormously in slowing the car down, before slamming into someone with very dulled reactions who utters the words "sooka blyet" about 10 seconds later when their car's ended up upside down.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

Reverser inners. Holding everyone up whilst they try and reverse into a parking space it would take 2 seconds to just drive into.

This doesn’t apply to parallel parking obviously where it actually helps to reverse into tight spaces.

Spot on that, two cunts did it in Sainsbury's before, back and forth, back and forth. What difference does it make anyway unless you're a bank robber?

34 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

Reverser inners. Holding everyone up whilst they try and reverse into a parking space it would take 2 seconds to just drive into.

This doesn’t apply to parallel parking obviously where it actually helps to reverse into tight spaces.

I see people struggling to put shopping in their boot because they reversed in it makes no bloody sense. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

Driving in Turkey.

Worst drivers ever.

Try Vietnam.I could write pages about the bad habits/stupidity of drivers here. Red lights are routinely ignored, traffic enters roads even highways from the left or right without signalling or even looking. Car /truck drivers think that using their indicators or sounding their horn gives them right of way. A Vietnamese truck driver on the Titanic would blast his horn and expect the iceberg to get out of his way.They are without a doubt some of the worst drivers in the world.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Arseholes who drive 10 mph below the speed limit when they get into the right hand lane grind my fucking gears. 

90% women 10%  bearded, bespectacled student looking men.

Swear down the do this cos they’re terrified of being near the kerb and like the big open space in front of them. 

You will find always find these cunts joining traffic from the Mons all the way to Maghull

I couldn't read that other than that monstrosity of words 'swear down' that caught my eye. Speak English please.

I was driving along a B road yesterday, there was one car in front of me and we were stuck behind a tractor, which to be fair was going along at a steady 40mph. The car in front of me was making a big thing about trying to get past, veering into the other lane like a prick trying to get an opportunity to overtake. Eventually they got past the tractor and promptly turned off onto a country lane. I was also heading down the same country lane (national speed limit, plenty of straight bits that you can get up to 60 on) and the dickhead who was trying to overtake the tractor drove all the way along it at 30mph. I’d have been better off if the fucking tractor had turned in. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Southern Europe is generally fucking abysmal for driving. Italy, Spain and Greece are equally atrocious. 

Was on a hol in Malta and the rep said to beware because the English drive on the left most Europeans drive on the right but the Maltese drive in the shade.

• Upvote 2