You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Liverpool make approach for Adama Traore 

TLW

Liverpool have made contact with Wolves to enquire about the availability of Wolves winger Adama Traore according to reports.

The versatile 25 year-old Spanish international who can play in midfield or across the front three has previously been linked to the Reds with Jurgen Klopp a clear fan of his talent.

Now according to Football Insider,  a Liverpool club source has made contact with the Midlands club to see if they are willing to sell.

It is believed that Wolves are willing to listen to offers for Traore who is entering the final two years of his current contract and no progress has been made as yet over a new deal.

When he is in form and coupled with his blistering speed, Traore is one of the most exciting talents in the Premier League.

Along with his manager, the ever-honest Andy Robertson has openly praised Traore saying that he gave him one of the toughest days of his professional career during the Reds title winning season.

“Traore to be fair ripped me apart this season.

"He's ridiculous. Without a doubt (he's the fastest). I think he could give most Premier League defenders a 15-yard start and he'd still win the race.

“I’ve played against (Lionel) Messi, (Cristiano) Ronaldo, (Luis) Suarez, (Sergio) Aguero, I’ve played against all of them.

“But the one I’ve struggled the most against for 90 minutes was, against Traore.”

image.png

In the 19/20 season, Traore was a real star scoring six goals and registering 12 assists in all competitions.

But in this campaign as with Wolves as a whole, Traore suffered a considerable dip in his output with just three goals and three assists.

If there is one manager to get the best out of a player and take him to another level it is Klopp.

Transfers have become more complicated than ever in this Covid World we currently live in, but with the two clubs having a good working relationship over the Diogo Jota and Ki-Jana Hoever transfers, a deal for Traore might not be out of the question.

View full article

8 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

I tend not to go along with rumours like this but when Football Insider get the scoops it’s hard not to dare to dream. What do LFC Transfer Rumours on Twitter have to say? 

Team Talk say if you pay 80p a minute on a premium number they will let you know.

• Upvote 1

We play a high line so there is space to be exploited when someone of his skillset plays against us. Nearly everyone we play against sits deep so that sort of space isn't there against them. Plus, barring a purple patch a couple of seasons ago, Traore really hasn't been all that productive for goals and assists, and has looked much the same as he did before that purple patch. The new Jermaine Pennant.