You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020 Round Up (Semi Finals)

tlw content

Ah ha, so funny to read how you try to survive in this England road to glory…. 

I really hate Italy, in football only, so I’ll support Hendo, but should Italy win, I’ll be happy for you and especially for your nice mum .

Anyway, relax all, it’s only international footie, it doesn’t really matter, does it ?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, dave u said:

Try living here! You'll feel differently after about 5 minutes.

It's fucking non stop, everywhere. Fucking Neil diamond and even fucking atomic kitten gegging in on it all. 

If it was just the team and manager I'd probably support them, but it's all the shite around it all. Priti Patel in an England shirt makes me sick. They're ruining it. 

I hope England get fucking battered.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, dave u said:

Try living here! You'll feel differently after about 5 minutes.

I know, I hate the French rugby team too, I know what you mean, we’ll kind of …. 

Should England win, I give you asylum at my home. You ll enjoy the place, I almost have the entire collection of an excellent Liverpool fanzine ….

• Upvote 2

Didn't go to play golf as had my second jab yesterday and I'm full of aches and pains. Started watching it, fucked off outside to my putting green in a huff, got more wound up by my shite putting so took the dog on a long walk and just got back now. Watched a couple of minutes, didn't like how England were on top so now I'm sat in my office browsing the forum and watching Norsemen on Netflix.

I took no pleasure from that. I'm relieved they didn't win but I absolutely don't feel like celebrating or gloating. Feel sorry for some of the players and for some of the people wanting them to win.

Also feel sorry for the shop owners and businesses that will be affected by the inevitable rioting from drunken wankers.

• Upvote 1

With the exception of Pickford, Kane and Sterling I find it impossible to hate this team.

I also can't take pleasure In Sancho, Rashford and 19 year old Saka being the ones to miss the penalty

I can however, take pleasure in the knowledge that every cunt in this video will be unhappy tonight and tomorrow.

Such smalltime wankers who consistently shows they're not worthy of this good team they've been blessed with.

https://twitter.com/NewsForAllUK/status/1414246103407529989

8 hours ago, dave u said:

I took no pleasure from that. I'm relieved they didn't win but I absolutely don't feel like celebrating or gloating. Feel sorry for some of the players and for some of the people wanting them to win.

I think it was the most stressful football game I've ever watched where Liverpool were not involved. I wanted Italy to win for all the reasons you've been banging on about and a few more besides. On the other hand, I'm married to someone who takes England very, very seriously. She was devastated, wracked by sobs you'd normally reserve for funerals devastated. All I could do was stand there nodding silently while she raved about how the Italians were cheats and she was so proud of Southgate and the boys and it wasn't going to ever happen for England more tears wash rinse repeat. It's been shit and I'm dreading the further fallout this week, just like I would have been dreading the fallout had England won. At least I have the consolation, and I wouldn't dream of articulating this to her, of it making me realise the extent to which I have moved on from allowing sport to ruin my mental state thanks to Liverpool winning the title at long last. 

2901eec900000578-0-image-a-87_1432388627

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic

The big difference, between any of us feeling fearful of the worst, resentful and bitter, not wanting England to win, and real Evertonians, is that they have to pay the ultimate price, live and deal with us actually winning the biggest and best on a somewhat regular basis, whereas, England...