You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020 Round Up (Semi Finals)

tlw content

So now it’s all on my Azurri Boys. They’re my one remaining hope, but they made hard work of it against Spain and were second best for a lot of the game. I think Spain are better than I’ve been giving them credit for but they’re nothing special and I wouldn’t have trusted them against England.

I don’t particularly trust Italy either but along with France they’re probably the side I’d feel most comfortable about stopping England winning.

This performance has shaken my confidence in Italy a bit though. Spinazzola is clearly a big miss for them and they just didn’t really look like themselves in the semi. Maybe its a “styles makes fights” thing though and Spain just wasn’t a good match up for them. That’s what I’m clinging to anyway as I’m not prepared to entertain the thought that they’re running out of steam.

Spain dominated the first half and had most of the chances. Italy had a couple of flashes but Spain will have gone in thinking they should have been ahead. Instead, they soon found themselves behind after a lovely finish by Chiesa early in the second half. 

I thought that would be it. Italy would defend for their lives and see it out while Spain passed the ball around 30 yards from goal not really getting anywhere. I was wrong though. Italy never looked completely secure and Spain equalised with a cracking goal. The enigma that is Morata played a one two and then calmly rolled the ball past Donarruma who seemed to be playing Dodgeball as he dived out of the way of it, Brad Jones at Old Trafford style.

Morata is such a weird player. He goes from shite to world class quicker than anyone since Pippo Inzaghi. You watch him and think “they need to sub him, he’s contributing fuck all” and then out of nowhere he does something brilliant. I can see why Luis Enrique picks him but I can also see why it baffles a lot of people. I don’t know if he’s the world’s worst good player or the world’s best shit player.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that Euro 2020 round ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

Totally share your Mums hatred of Kane. He cheated like fuck in this game. Kept doing his backing in and falling down shit but it was glossed over of course. 

For my nerves I hope Italy smash them but it would be brilliant if they lost to a dodgy decision or an Italian dive. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I said that this is what it must be like being a blue but in fact it's way worse. The direct comparison would be us playing in a CL final and them having to deal with the hype, the build up and the sheer dread of us possibly winning.

I've got all that, but it's worse. Why is it worse? Well if we were in a CL final, Evertonians wouldn't have to see every single TV presenter or celeb on social media posting good luck messages to us and saying "You'll Never Walk Alone". And they defo wouldn't have to see Johnson and Patel wearing LFC shirts and tweeting about it.

And you know what else they wouldn't have to deal with? That fucking ghoul Rees-Mogg getting up in parliament and going "Alright Aldo? Sound as a pound"

So yeah, it's fucking worse.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I don't think I have ever been this invested in an international football game. Usually, my interest only extends to whether a Liverpool player gets injured or not, but here... Here I am actively rooting for Italy I wanted them to beat Spain because I knew that even though Spain was doing well against them that toothless team was going be shoved aside by England.

At the end of the season, Man United was in the Europa League Final and Man City was in the CL Final and England being in the EURO final feels worse to me.

I'm okay with the National team Pickford notwithstanding whom I hope drops a fucking Origi level clanger in the 95th minute. It's the fans that I hate... It's the fans that ruin it for everyone and that makes me want that team to lose as badly as possible.

Even in the 2018 World Cup when they went on a run I did not really mind until their fanbase started acting up with their xenophobic and nationalistic, and now in the EUROs it's just been worse.

My hope is that similar to the World Cup their run comes to an end as soon as they come across a good team like they did with Croatia. 

Holy shit you're right Dave I finally know what it feels like to be an Everton fan

• Upvote 1

Spot on Dave...

Yep - it’s got to be an Italy win - please.

Ingerlund have been in the easier part of the draw while all the better teams have been knocking each other out in the other half plus all their games bar one have been at home......

Please God this stitch up stops on Sunday..

• Upvote 1

I wasnt really bothered about the Euros if Im honest. Im not a lover of international footie but I watch the big tournaments like the world cup and Euros cos there's fuck all else footie on.

But the more Ive come across the anti England and English stuff, fuck it, Im all in. Yeah, there's some cunts in the England set up but there's cunts everywhere else in society, so what?

Hope England win with the spawniest most controversial goal ever. The fucking fume will match that of the city, everton and united cunts who said the FA \ PL had fixed it so we won the title in 2019.

• Upvote 1

On 08/07/2021 at 23:28, sir roger said:

I thought Chiellini was a bit much and felt a bit sorry for Alba.

If Alba hadn’t reacted like he’d suffered a career threatening injury every time he was touched during the tournament, I might have a tiny bit of sympathy. It was a tournament highlight for me, especially the little slap in the face. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic