Quantcast
Greatest 00's Film - Group A - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Greatest 00's Film - Group A

Greatest 00's Film - Group A   

55 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Pick Your Favourite Two

• Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers
    • Castaway
    • Dodgeball
    • Walk the Line
    • The Departed
    • Lord of the Rings - Return of the King
    • The Pianist
    • The Prestige

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

Yes, the more recent the lists, fewer titles I've seen.

Who was it that said he saw like 5 films made before 1980 or something, I'd be like that when we come to '10s.

easytoslip 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

@SasaS Why do you not watch modern films?

I do, but it usually turns out I am more likely to have seen films that tend to appear on the best of, favourite or classics lists from the previous decades. The 00's line-up is the first where there is going to be about half of titles I have ether definitely not seen, or don't remember if I've seen them.

Unless you tend to only watch current stuff, this might be true for most, since best-of lists should be more fluid the more recent they get.

4 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I do, but it usually turns out I am more likely to have seen films that tend to appear on the best of, favourite or classics lists from the previous decades. The 00's line-up is the first where there is going to be about half of titles I have ether definitely not seen, or don't remember if I've seen them.

Unless you tend to only watch current stuff, this might be true for most, since best-of lists should be more fluid the more recent they get.

Do you plan on working your way through them? I do, though I've seen a large percentage of them so won't have many to watch.

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

Do you plan on working your way through them? I do, though I've seen a large percentage of them so won't have many to watch.

I will probably check out some I missed or dismissed too quickly. 

3 hours ago, SasaS said:

Yes, the more recent the lists, fewer titles I've seen.

Who was it that said he saw like 5 films made before 1980 or something, I'd be like that when we come to '10s.

LOTR 2 and The Departed, to avoid voting for LOTR twice.

That was me and I can't say I have seen to many films in the 10s either! I do love films but I rarely have time for a whole film and if I do I don't tend to have the attention span for them and have been hammering Boxsets and/or youtube instead. Even then I'll probably pick an older film as my wife hasn't seen loads of classics.

Could only vote for The Departed. It's the only film on the list I've seen and liked. Didn't really like Castaway and I'm not sure if I've seen Dodgeball or not, those types of films blur into one for me. Saw about ten minutes of one of the LOTR films, not sure which.

Need to see The Pianist.

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Could only vote for The Departed. It's the only film on the list I've seen and liked. Didn't really like Castaway and I'm not sure if I've seen Dodgeball or not, those types of films blur into one for me. Saw about ten minutes of one of the LOTR films, not sure which.

Need to see The Pianist.

Watch The Prestige as well, it's immense.

3 hours ago, Elite said:

Watch The Prestige as well, it's immense.

Not a fan of Nolan's superhero shenanigans at all, but I loved The Prestige.

Bale's best performance since Empire of The Sun as well.

34 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Not a fan of Nolan's superhero shenanigans at all, but I loved The Prestige.

Bale's best performance since Empire of The Sun as well.

tenor.gif?itemid=10211504

I watched American Psycho at the pictures when it 1st came out and I thought it was really shit. Seen it since and it just reinforced that opinion.

The book isn't just miles better, apart from the names of some characters it bares hardly any similarities at all.

A shallow gratuitous cash in splatter flick.

4 hours ago, Elite said:

His recent-ish performances in The Fighter and Ford Vs Ferrari are outstanding.

I've never seen Empire of the Sun.

Ford vs Ferrari was fantastic.

• Upvote 1