You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest 00's Film - Group A

Bjornebye

Greatest 00's Film - Group A   

55 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Favourite Two

• Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers
    • Castaway
    • Dodgeball
    • Walk the Line
    • The Departed
    • Lord of the Rings - Return of the King
    • The Pianist
    • The Prestige

This poll is closed to new votes

Yes, the more recent the lists, fewer titles I've seen.

Who was it that said he saw like 5 films made before 1980 or something, I'd be like that when we come to '10s.

LOTR 2 and The Departed, to avoid voting for LOTR twice.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I've voted only for The Prestige as the others are good but nothing outstanding. Ive never understood the love for The Departed and like AoT said,the LoTR films I cant even remember which is which even though I thought they were excellent.

How many times have you watched The Departed? I was initially underwhelmed by it but it's definitely one of those movies that improves with multiple viewings.

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

The Pianist is the best film here IMO & is going out with one vote so far.

Watched it only a week or so ago. Some great scenes, like the evacuation of ghetto and the people being thrown out of tower block windows, but I thought otherwise it had aged really badly.

I'm surprised (even though its winning) at the negativity around The Departed. I think it's a superb film. 

The LOTR films are without doubt visual masterpieces and that Twin Towers blue me away but I very much doubt I'd sit here and choose to watch any of them again. 

Walk the Line blew me away. Great performances all around in that. Witherspoon rightly winning best supporting actress at the oscars but Joaquin Phoenix was outstanding as well. 

The Prestige is a boss film. Castaway too. 

I've never seen The Pianist, I thought I had but I haven't. That Brodie is going out with Harvey weinsteins ex Georgina Chapman. She's beautiful. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm surprised (even though its winning) at the negativity around The Departed. I think it's a superb film. 

The LOTR films are without doubt visual masterpieces and that Twin Towers blue me away but I very much doubt I'd sit here and choose to watch any of them again. 

Walk the Line blew me away. Great performances all around in that. Witherspoon rightly winning best supporting actress at the oscars but Joaquin Phoenix was outstanding as well. 

The Prestige is a boss film. Castaway too. 

I've never seen The Pianist, I thought I had but I haven't. That Brodie is going out with Harvey weinsteins ex Georgina Chapman. She's beautiful. 

He'll always been tarnished by his utterly ridiculous attempt at playing an Italian mobster in Peaky Blinders.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I mean I'd ask how but she was married to the ugliest nonce twat ever

adrien-brody-chapman-01.jpg?quality=80&s

NSFW below. Rare footage of their sex tape....

tenor (3).gif

• Upvote 1

Much as I love the LOTR trilogy I don't think an other world fantasy packed with CGI should be counted above the Pianist which is just an outstanding piece of work in every respect . The acting , screenplay and the sheer horror of it all makes it one of the most visceral and moving films ever made for me. The fact that it is so true to the book gives it even greater credibility.