You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Jun 6-11 2021)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg.c1fbcaffb0090e7b2d3f5068e60210dc.jpg

Sunday Jun 6:

Hendo plays 45 minutes and misses a penalty in a 1-0 friendly win. He shrugged it off afterwards saying “I’ve missed more important ones than that” and all hell broke loose amongst the Union Jack nonce crowd. You can virtually guarantee that all of these tits who see “England” and “Englishness” as the most important thing in life have Union Jacks or a George’s Cross in their twitter handles. Hendo is a disgrace to his country apparently because he doesn’t see missing a penalty in a warm up game as being anything to lose sleep over. 

This is one of many reasons I’ll be rooting for Scotland in the Euros. The only people on earth who hate England fans as much as I do are the Scots. 

According the Mirror, Big Dunc has turned down the chance to go to Real Madrid with Carlo because he wants to manage Everton. In similar news, I’ve turned down the chance to play in this year’s British Open at Royal St George’s because I’ve joined the Beacon in Skem and want to focus on playing there.

Monday Jun 7:

So Gini’s reported wage with PSG is going to be around 250k a week. It’s easy to say “that’s why he left” but that doesn’t tell the whole story, as if PSG hadn’t come in at the 11th hour he was joining Barca for half that amount, so 125k a week. He was worth at least 150k a week to us as that’s what Hendo and Milner are/were on (I assume Milly took a pay cut when he signed his last deal). We don’t know what the club offered or what Gini was asking, but I don’t think whatever deal he’s signed with PSG gives us any indication of anything really. 

We’ll probably never know exactly why they couldn’t agree on terms, it just frustrates me that it came to this. Losing Emre Can on a free was one thing, this is another entirely.

Meanwhile, Calvert-Lewin pledges his (very short term future) to the Blues. “I am happy at Everton. I worked hard to become number nine & score goals like I did recently. Personally, I have the ambition to one day play in the Champions League & win titles. But for now, I'm happy at Everton."

He’s too good for them now. He should be playing for an Aston Villa or a Leeds. Not that he’d get in the Leeds team as they have my boy Bamford, but you get my point. Calvert-Lewin is too good for Everton but not yet good enough for the very top teams. He’d be good for Spurs if Kane were to leave but Kane isn’t leaving so it’s moot. Mind you, maybe City should be looking at him as Aguero’s replacement as most of his goals come in the six yard box and no-one creates more tap ins for forwards than City. Calvert-Lewin and Sterling would be falling over each other to get on the end of all those cut backs.

And I’m sure Everton wouldn’t mind allowing him to join their pals and fight the good fight against us. Probably even give them mates rates on the fee.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that the Week that Was is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic

Re the ' Shit 14 ' people seem to have short memories. When the earlier Super League proposal came out it had a clause which guaranteed the 72 EFL clubs the whole monies they had said they needed to survive the Covid crisis. Not only were they astounded by the suggestion , the top hat was put on by the self-awareness of Christian Purslow who demanded Rick Parry be sacked for supporting this. It was almost as if Purslow didn't realise that Villa were a goal line malfunction from being an EFL club as he spoke.

• Upvote 1

This is one of many reasons I’ll be rooting for Scotland in the Euros. The only people on earth who hate England fans as much as I do are the Scots This is one of many reasons I’ll be rooting for Scotland in the Euros. The only people on earth who hate England fans as much as I do are the Scots

us Irish have a bit of chip on our shoulder as well…..

33 minutes ago, Mark M said:

This is one of many reasons I’ll be rooting for Scotland in the Euros. The only people on earth who hate England fans as much as I do are the Scots This is one of many reasons I’ll be rooting for Scotland in the Euros. The only people on earth who hate England fans as much as I do are the Scots

us Irish have a bit of chip on our shoulder as well…..

Sorry, but it's 

1 Scotland

2 Me

3 Ireland

• Upvote 4

• dave u unpinned this topic