You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Super League" Clubs Fined

an tha

• 2 months later...

Fines are now null and void, fuuuuuuume at the pit must be unbearable.

Let's hope the Mosh releases another statement.

In May, the nine clubs who withdrew from the proposal all agreed to pay a combined fine of €15m and to have five per cent of their UEFA competitions revenues withheld for one season, however, following this decision, they will no longer have to pay that fine.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Fines are now null and void, fuuuuuuume at the pit must be unbearable.

Let's hope the Mosh releases another statement.

In May, the nine clubs who withdrew from the proposal all agreed to pay a combined fine of €15m and to have five per cent of their UEFA competitions revenues withheld for one season, however, following this decision, they will no longer have to pay that fine.

The Premier League should now voluntarily repay the money the clubs paid and remove the threat of future sanctions. I wont hold my breath though in case I faint!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest I'd be up for the PL and UEFA getting their noses bloodied big time here. 

It's clear that FFP is dead.

The closed shop was peoples main objection with it all....If that's gone then I would say it's worth hearing them out.

If it breaks UEFA and even FIFA's stranglehold with shite like a world cup every two years and all the shite that is killing the game then it may be a good thing.

• 3 months later...