You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Super League" Clubs Fined

an tha

If the fine is just 20ml between the 6 clubs the fume from Everton,Leeds and West Ham especially will be a beautiful thing. Sounds like some of the other clubs wanted the fines to go to them aswell where the 6 clubs said it needed to go to Grassroots

Just shows the fume was nothing more than self righteous bullshit and a attempt to power grab and get some money from the 6 clubs

• Upvote 1

Garry Neville will be demanding it go to regulators that allow him and his mates to own 51% of Man Utd. 

Definitely feel his little brigade has ran out of steam now that most have seen through his shite.  

• Upvote 1

"In a joint statement the league and the national governing body confirmed the money "will go towards the good of the game", which includes "new investment in support for fans" and will help fund grassroots and community projects."

I look forward to hearing the detail of this, and am totally sure that all the outraged parties will ensure it happens in a transparent and effective manner.

• Upvote 3

How the fuck do the premier league fine tye

clubs for this.

UEFA, fair enough as the ESL was about creating a new league, but it was never about leaving the EPL. Seems strange that they have any jurisdiction to do this.

Lets see how they distribute the £132m “fairly” or whether Burnley, Villa, Palace and the likes determine that they were most severely affected and take their fare share.

These cunt small time clubs riding of the back off our global popularity pisses me right off.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dandyman said:

clubs for this.

UEFA, fair enough as the ESL was about creating a new league, but it was never about leaving the EPL. Seems strange that they have any jurisdiction to do this.

Lets see how they distribute the £132m “fairly” or whether Burnley, Villa, Palace and the likes determine that they were most severely affected and take their fare share.

These cunt small time clubs riding of the back off our global popularity pisses me right off.

Let’s not forget how the PL came about in the first place. Fucking hypocrites. 

Seems you can break UEFA's rules, be banned and get off. But look to create another money making competition to rival the other money making competitions and all hell breaks loose. City might have got off the UEFA punishment but a stronger case exists for the premiership who won't act against Man City for their blatant cheating, so fuck them.

What we need (I'm my opinion) is a ten team football league rather than the current shit one where we play games against cloggers who don't really want to play football. You'd still get a little of that with 10 teams but give me 4 games against the top teams rather than 2 games against Burnley any day. 

I can see that coming and when it does the premiership's 30 points won't mean diddly squat and they can stick their cash grab where the sun don't shine. 

I think this is absolutely ridiculous seeing as we never intended to leave the Premier League in any way shape or form. It was fucking UEFA off and an attempt to reign in some of the more ridiculous spending by Chelsea, City, and PSG whilst being able to secure more money for the rest of the clubs to compete with those three.

If UEFA would do their job regarding FFP there wouldn't have been a need to attempt this other than maybe not wanting to miss the opportunity to get in on the ground floor, which is good business sense whether anyone wants to admit it or not. As club we're not loaded with debt like most of the other players involved in this scheme are. Likewise if the Premier league itself actually gave a shit about City essentially turning their competition into a two or three horse race in the best of circumstances then I doubt it would've been proposed in the same way.

Meanwhile, FFP rules have actually been relaxed, allowing the 2 richest clubs involved in the scheme and the club that only didn't sign up because of the financial restrictions (and possibly the World Cup in Qatar) to essentially outspend anyone in this first "post-pandemic" full transfer window.

It's a fucking joke

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, dandyman said:

clubs for this.

It's £20m in total. Not £20m each. 

10 hours ago, J-V said:

Fined by these cunts for trying to start a new European competition.  Cunts can fuck right off.

It's like Tesco fining me because I decide to shop at Sainsbury's. "Oh, but you've got a Clubcard". What a shitshow.

They deserve fining if they can't come up with better attempt at a breakaway league . What the fuck did they think would happen and how the other clubs and most punters would react ? They all rolled over at the first sign of Ratboy raising his eyebrows.  Zero insight, no proper planning or research and a Plan B which basically was to say sorry and we didn't really mean it. Pathetic all round.