You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Grujic set for permanent departure  

TLW

54 minutes ago, neko said:

What does he do badly that Klopp doesn't rate him, yet the rest of his game is worth 20 million ?

I'd keep him and play him, unless the price is right.

Lazy and doesn't track back. He's not a grafter which is the minimum Klopp asks for in his midfielders.

1 hour ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Lazy and doesn't track back. He's not a grafter which is the minimum Klopp asks for in his midfielders.

That seems to be the common wisdom, but surely that's a part of the game you could improve ? I'd sell Keita first and give Grulic a chance to impress.

There's definitely a vacancy in midfield for someone ready (and willing) to play.

19 minutes ago, neko said:

That seems to be the common wisdom, but surely that's a part of the game you could improve ? I'd sell Keita first and give Grulic a chance to impress.

Maybe Klopp tried and it didn't work? Am confident once we sell 4-5 players atleast, we will be getting a CM. One of Bissouma/ Neuhaus or Rodrigo de Paul will do.

I'm guessing that was aimed at me.

I agree he wouldn't have had many opportunities up until this year, but now with Gini gone, the Keita experiment over (hopefully) I just think he could be an option. It would be nice to see him get a chance.

He looks to have all the physical attributes, and seems a good professional. Has he ever really whined about his situation ?

44 minutes ago, neko said:

I agree he wouldn't have had many opportunities up until this year, but now with Gini gone, the Keita experiment over (hopefully) I just think he could be an option. It would be nice to see him get a chance.

He looks to have all the physical attributes, and seems a good professional. Has he ever really whined about his situation ?

I think he did a bit, last year, there was an interview in Serbian papers, how he was not openly told or explained is he wanted or not or why. 

1 minute ago, an tha said:

He isn't anywhere near the level we need.

If he was he'd have done a lot more in his career by now.

Get as much as we can for him and use it towards getting the sort of quality we need in the squad.

This.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, neko said:

It wasn't... If what you said was aimed at me. 

I'd rather have him here and bin Keita and Chamberlain. But once a player over the age of 20/21 is loaned out it's because we can't sell him yet or we want to try and shop window them to bump up their price. Harry Wilson is another. 

11 hours ago, SasaS said:

I don't see clubs he played for paying 20 mil.

If they all clubbed together maybe they could share him for £20m?

20 million would make him Porto's record signing. I don't see them breaking their club record for a player that made 9 league starts when on loan last season.  Porto will just wait until nobody bids for him and take him on loan again on the last day of the window.

If we really want to get rid of some of the deadwood this summer we need to be a bit more realistic with our valuations. 

8 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

20 million would make him Porto's record signing. I don't see them breaking their club record for a player that made 9 league starts when on loan last season.  Porto will just wait until nobody bids for him and take him on loan again on the last day of the window.

If we really want to get rid of some of the deadwood this summer we need to be a bit more realistic with our valuations. 

It is a bit odd how the club treat these types of players. Wilson had solid bids but we held out thinking we should get more when it was clear there wasn’t a market.

Yet at the same time we haggle for every penny and spread payments I get you want to extract every penny you can but surely we know we don’t need the likes of Wilson, Grujic, Awoni so we should sell them for reasonable fees stick some sell on clauses or something. It’s prob all to do with how we want to show them on our balance sheet but that must suck for the player and it seemingly hampers our ability to buy as we’re always in the “raise funds to purchase” Phase.