You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (May 31 - Jun 4 2021)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg.c1fbcaffb0090e7b2d3f5068e60210dc.jpg

Monday May 31:

Aguero “We all know that Barcelona are the best club in the world. I think I made a great decision to be here and of course it is a step forward in my career.” The disrespect there. Fucking hell. There’s not too much wrong with what he said, but his seat in the Man City dressing room isn’t even cold yet and he’s shitting on them like that. 

Reminds me a little of when Owen joined United and was giving it the “I always wanted to play here for Sir Alex” even though it was an absolute lie and he turned them down several times when he was a kid. It was a complete lack of regard for our feelings though, and I expect City fans feel slighted by this. Although maybe not as the only thing those sad cunts have shown any kind of passion about in years was that bottle of ale that hit their bus.

Aguero is their greatest ever player, they’ve paid him a fucking boatload of cash (most of it off the books) and he could have asked to leave for Barca at any point. He didn’t though, he only signed for ‘the best club in the world’ when City decided they didn’t want to pay him any more. Little fucking prick. Fuck him, fuck City and fuck Barcelona.

Meanwhile, bit demoralising that I’m reading talk of how VAR can be improved. No. Just no. Never mind trying to improve it, just FUCKING GET RID. Trying to improve it. Fucking hell. You don’t try and fix a car while it’s on the motorway. All these VAR issues should have been sorted before it was ever implemented. We’ve had two years of this shit and the second year was massively WORSE than the first. 

Everyone hates it. Managers, players, fans. You literally do not hear any manager or player saying they like it, but lots have said they can’t stand it, so why is this still a thing? I’ll tell you why, because managers, players and fans do fuck all except moan about it. Instead of that, we should all be joining forces to get this shit scrapped. It isn’t on the fans to do it though, this is something players and managers should lead the way with.

If they all went on strike until VAR was fucked off, the fans would be behind it and the authorities would shit themselves and bin it in a heartbeat, because what choice would they have? It won’t happen though, we’ll just have the likes of Dean Smith, Nuno Holy Spirit (if he takes another job), Kloppo, Milner, Moyes, Dyche and others making great points about how shit it is and how they’d rather not have it, and fuck all will change.

They’re killing footy with this shit. I renewed my season ticket last week but my Dad has called it quits. There are a few reasons for it but the first thing he’ll say is VAR and how it just isn’t the same anymore. He’s watched footy his whole life and has been going to Anfield since the late 50s. He’s seen all sorts of changes to the game and although he didn’t like a lot of them he rolled with it and it didn’t ruin his enjoyment. Until VAR. He reckons footy is shit now, almost unwatchable, and I agree with him. 

I’d bring back the death penalty for the cunts that inflicted this on us.

This is just a teaser, click to view full article

Please note that the Week that Was is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic

"Neil Warnock on Stellar." Now thats an image to conjure with!

My (still missed to this day) massive dog Rafa (got him 5 weeks after Istanbul) always cocked his leg on Old Neil's gate post,as his house while Blades manager was on our route to the local park!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

"Meanwhile, Nat Phillips is seeing Liam Gallagher’s daughter. I don’t have anything further to add to that, I just felt it was worth mentioning." 

A magnificent opportunity for a childish joke wasted. Disappointing. 

Felt like I needed to be respectful.

Aguero's words are, for me, more reminiscent of what Torres said when he went to Chelsea. I loved him, I was heartbroken that he'd left, but once he came out with that shite, it was like he didn't exist. Fuck him.

Giving Kelleher our CL games would also make me worry loads; there's just too much at stake, given the difficulties we had in actually getting there. A couple of rickets in key games and what then? He gets jibbed, and what would that do for his confidence, when he's wondering when he'll be trusted enough to get his next game? When we play Adrian, we just need to play accordingly, and not go putting him under unnecessary pressure. He will likely be only playing the domestic cup games and whenever Alisson is out.

Sorry to hear your Dad has decided he's not going to continue going to Anfield. Any chance you could bring your Ma instead and let the wider fanbase have the benefit of her wisdom? She needs to be heard.

I'll be fucking furious if we extend Adrian and loan out Kelleher. It feels like are getting dumber every year. 

Last year we went into the season without enough defensive cover and now next year we are going to do the same with midfield and goal keeper. 

13 hours ago, Anubis said:

Dave’s mum’s gone a bit quiet since Lallana left. Surely she must have found a replacement 

The only one she doesn't like now is Keita. Or "Kiter" as she calls him because "a gust of wind sends him flying".

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, Daisy said:

It feels like are getting dumber every year. 

Clear evidence that at least one of us is.

Totally agree on VAR.  The principal itself is sound, it works in other sports.  But other sports have discovered that if you employ people who are competent you get the correct result, football in this country has proved that they simply can't do that.  Dock wallopers employing more dock wallopers.

Get it to fuck and start letting people enjoy goals and the game in general again.

• dave u unpinned this topic