You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst "top" player ever?

Baltar

21 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

He had qualities and I’m maybe being harsh but it was just the number of times he fluffed chances, particularly in the big games, that did it for me.

I vaguely remember a game against United at Anfield where he missed one and declaring myself ‘done with him’.

The number of times he kept Robbie Fowler out of the team probably didn’t help my opinion of him either. We all have our favourites. 

Yeah he was boss for us but it always pissed me off that he kept God out of the side. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

Yes, he was still mostly not good enough for a top team though. His finishing, especially, was often atrocious. He did have qualities but he used to get on my nerves. 

Diouf was/is just a complete bellend. 

Maybe, but he was good enough at the time, if for a short period, and his inclusion in this thread (although by no means the most shocking one) is absurd.

Diouf wasn't just a complete bellend.

He was a shite striker, with almost no end product. You can't even compare him and Heskey when leaving off field shenanigans aside.

On 05/06/2021 at 02:58, Lee909 said:

Can't be having that one really

Inzaghi was bang average at most things but well over 200 goals in Serie A,40 in European football and not far off 1on 2 at international level for a guy that was often came off the bench later on in his career his record is outstanding. Only 5 players have scored more european goals than him as things stand. 

Inzaghi was like Christian Vieri, in that he always looked a bit shit , but then you'd see the number of goals he'd scored and just scratch your head.

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Inzaghi was like Christian Vieri, in that he always looked a bit shit , but then you'd see the number of goals he'd scored and just scratch your head.

Gonzalo Higuain is basically Christian Vieri re-incarnated.  Slightly faster than you expect for a big lad, every time you watch him he seems a bit shit, but has scored shit loads of goals in Italy and Spain.