You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst "top" player ever?

Baltar

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Wind your neck in, My dads one of the finest human beings on the planet, it was hardly a full on battering he just jabbed me on my chin and put me on my arse. And rightly so, I was acting the cunt. Toughen up you fucking petis filous. 

Did he teach you French as well?

13 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Can't be having that one really

Inzaghi was bang average at most things but well over 200 goals in Serie A,40 in European football and not far off 1on 2 at international level for a guy that was often came off the bench later on in his career his record is outstanding. Only 5 players have scored more european goals than him as things stand. 

"He was bang average at most things" is exactly my point. In the football Italia days people used to go on about him like he was actually comparable to baggio, del Piero or batistuta. He was more comparable to Darren bent, just with a better supporting cast - who he would constantly annoy by spending 90% of the time offside.

Guti, I just dislike. He was better than I give him credit for, but whenever I watched them I always thought he was a lazy cunt, who thought he was world class.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

The most overrated TLW player of all time was undoubtedly Quaresma. Every fucking transfer window in Rafa’s time was full of posts from Rashid and Code wanking over him and demanding we sign him. He was shite though.

What for the Code stat file to prove you wrong

5 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Bizzarre comments and I dont know any Liverpool fan who 'reverers' Best more than Dalglish and I couldnt give a fuck what others think of our players. Football fans are tribal, so what?

Best's off field problems were he couldnt say'no' to the hangers on. But Im not really interested in that. What I remember was a player I didnt like because of who he played for but skipping over and around tackles that were clearly intended to take him out at the knee.

I'll be honest and say despite the absolutely insane tackles he had to avoid and sometimes couldnt, I never saw him play acting to get someone sent off or other histrionics.

You’ve not read fully past the first sentence of my post. 

13 hours ago, General Dryness said:

David Luiz. Just awful at defending, which is a shame what with him being a defender and that.

It beggars belief how he's managed to con several clubs into paying a combined sum of almost 120 million quid for his services over the course of his career.

High point of said career? Being the lynchpin of Brazil's defence when they were on the wrong end of a 7-1 bumming from Germany. In the World Cup. In Brazil. Legend.

Shit defender, but when Rafa played him at DM for Chelsea he actually looked quite decent. Didn't watch them much though so the couple of games I saw might have flatered to deceive or whatever it's called.

David Platt

Michael Ballack

and one of the most limited footballers I’ve ever seen yet has a goal record a striker would be proud of (even tho he shot from wherever he was standing on the pitch) Frank Lampard

7 hours ago, TheBitch said:

Even if it’s Stig though?

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Wind your neck in, My dads one of the finest human beings on the planet, it was hardly a full on battering he just jabbed me on my chin and put me on my arse. And rightly so, I was acting the cunt. Toughen up you fucking petis filous. 

Yeah, in hindsight he probably should have stabbed the cunt instead.

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Ar ay laa we ad it tough in dem days laa, I remember one time I forgot to flush der outside lavvy and me dad sliced me ear right off and danced around with it like der fella out of dem Reservoirrrrrr Dogs like.

2 hours ago, Red74 said:

David Platt

Michael Ballack

and one of the most limited footballers I’ve ever seen yet has a goal record a striker would be proud of (even tho he shot from wherever he was standing on the pitch) Frank Lampard

I saw Ballack at Stamford Bridge when he played for Leverkusen and he was unreal. No chance he should be in this thread. 

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

Ar ay laa we ad it tough in dem days laa, I remember one time I forgot to flush der outside lavvy and me dad sliced me ear right off and danced around with it like der fella out of dem Reservoirrrrrr Dogs like.

Is that an attempt at humour? 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I saw Ballack at Stamford Bridge when he played for Leverkusen and he was unreal. No chance he should be in this thread. 

Is that an attempt at humour? 

His 1 good game at Stamford Bridge and it was while playing against them despite playing for them for 4 years.

Overruled

3 hours ago, Red74 said:

David Platt

Harsh on Platt. I don’t know that he was ever seen as a top player, but for some years he was England’s only reliable goalscorer - not glamorous, never a great passer, a great tackler, etc, but did everything well enough and he scored goals when England were otherwise sticking Nigel Clough up front. 
Plus he was probably England’s most successful export between Hoddle and McManaman. 

12 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

The most overrated TLW player of all time was undoubtedly Quaresma. Every fucking transfer window in Rafa’s time was full of posts from Rashid and Code wanking over him and demanding we sign him. He was shite though.

Ha!