You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (May 22-29 2021)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg.c1fbcaffb0090e7b2d3f5068e60210dc.jpg

Saturday May 22:

Wow, as far as tributes go this one is pretty spectacular by Klopp.

Gini Wijnaldum. An LFC legend now and forever. What this person – this wonderful, joyful, selfless person – has done for our team and club I cannot sum up in words in truth because my English is not good enough.

“He is an architect of our success. We have built this Liverpool on his legs, lungs, brain and his huge, beautiful heart.

“If – and it is still is if – he goes, he does so knowing we as his teammates are eternally grateful for having this special human being come into our lives. I love him and he will always be family.”

I’m intrigued by the ‘and it is still if’ part though. Why add that if it is definite that he’s leaving? I feel a bit like Lloyd Christmas here, but is he telling us there’s still a chance?

Meanwhile, “Hamez” has taken the last couple of Everton games off due to ‘fatigue’ and posted this picture on his instagram, causing something of a fume with our neighbours.

james.jpeg

The irony in this is off the fucking scale. They signed him due to his social media clout, they bragged about him having more instagram followers than LFC, they embraced all these new fans from Colombia, and now they’re crying about the ‘content’ he’s putting out. It’s that content that got him all those followers, so you live by the smartphone you die by the smartphone. Losers.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that the Week that Was is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic

Good report Dave. Spot on about Hillsbrough justice. It's as if they decided we could have the 'right' verdict but no one would be brought to book. Cunts.

It was good to see the club remember the 1985 disaster.

At the beginning of the week, the mancs and sports writer lovies were drooling at the suggestion that manchester would set a record for being a city that won Europe's 2 club competitions in the same year. That aged well!

Im ok with Trent being left out of England plans. Give the boy some well earnt rest.

I feel for Trent, he clearly values playing for England and it is a sad indictment of the national team that One of the finest players they have could be left out because the manager is to fucking scared to stand up to the gaggle of gobshites that pass as pundits and Journalists in this country. 

Great report Dave, as usual. I ended up watching the have as my son did it. But I couldn’t be arsed to watch the post match fun, no way.

Konaté is highly regarded down here, buts it’s a bit of a gamble as he’s much more expensive than Kabak and did not play much last year. 

Chelsea and City will have new players, that’s going to be tough, hopefully the whole squad will be fit and hungry till the AFCON anyway ...

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic