You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Baros Situation...

Kurt

Why the fuck is he playing if he was carrying an injury?

In a friendly match too? Someone has got to start taking this Club of ours by the scruff of he neck and just say 'no'.

To be fair it was a world cup qualifying match...

And he certainly looked fit on Saturday... In thie case only Baros himself could tell if he felt the injury after last match... An if so, it?s up to him to say no...

To be fair it was a world cup qualifying match...

And he certainly looked fit on Saturday... In thie case only Baros himself could tell if he felt the injury after last match... An if so, it?s up to him to say no...

Kurt,

Was gonna correct myself, but you got there before me. With all the friendlies, I forgot that it was a qualifier.

Not sure on the regulations on this but I thought the Club had to release the player if he was called up?

Stand by my point: you think Ferguson would have been so forthcoming?

With some big big games coming up this is the last thing we needed. Hard to see where the goals are going to come from. Garcia needs to stop being so wastefull in front of goal.

Its not just Baros' goals that we are going to miss. He never gives defenders a seconds rest, and is a goal threat for 90 minutes......

Feck

This is a disaster. Dont fancy us going up to Boro without Baros...

No confidence in Mellor-boy? It’s only been a week since he last scored two against them. This time he has Alonso and Gerrard to feed him with balls. Disaster? I don’t think so.

I really hope Rafa gives Mellor the nod, and I believe he will. If Mellor can’t get into the team now, I see no reason for him so stay. So go on Mellor-boy, prove to us you’re up to the task! Kill Boro for us, then top it off with a winner against he arses. Can you do it? I actually think you can. Go out there son and grab this golden opportunity!

Gotta feel for Rafa a bit, he lost his best striker a couple of days before the transfer window closed, since then he's lost the other two main strikers to injury.

As well as being without his best player for two months as well.

I know it might sound like excuses but they are facts.

Sometimes football frustrates the life out of me.

Kurt,

Was gonna correct myself, but you got there before me. With all the friendlies, I forgot that it was a qualifier.

Not sure on the regulations on this but I thought the Club had to release the player if he was called up?

Stand by my point: you think Ferguson would have been so forthcoming?

According to http://www.liverpool.no Liverpool tried to make Baros unavailable for the match. He even was`nt 100 % fit for the Palace game, and it was only the way we were chasing a winner that Made Baros play the whole 90 minutes ...

As i understand it the worst case scenario is a torn muscle, that will means six weeks out... If it`s a pulled muscle he may be back in 15-20 days...

Either way...It`s very frustrating, and as you say... I dont think that Ferguson would have released Rooney or VanCheatingtwat in the same circumstances....