You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions League Final - who do you want to win?

El Rojo

Who do you want to win the 2021 Champions League Final?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win the Champions League Final tomorrow night?

39 minutes ago, Butch said:

I thought it was a really good game, Chelsea were very organised and didn't allow themselves to be bossed by City. The defete by Leicester did them a favour as they didn't want to go through that hurt again. . It was nice to see city not getting anything from the biggest game of their history and shitting the bed in the process. Hardly end to end stuff and not full of drama like our finals. Said to the other half that even if it was real or barca "I hate both cunt teams" I'd still want them to beat City. 

Fair enough. Chelsea played well but the game was lacking entertainment. Couldn't recall more than 1 or 2 really good moves and hardly recall a save that either goalie made. 

Fuck me, the sports writers are really licking chelsea's arsehole, arent they?

Yesterday Kante was the best defensive mid to have played in England, ever, Tuchel is the best manager and Havertz is no longer an £89m flop because he scored the winner in the CL final.

Mendy will be the best keeper in Europe tomorrow no doubt.

14 hours ago, Baltar said:

What a truly shit final that was. One of the worst I can remember. Can't recall more than a single save that either goalie made. Terrible advertisement for English football.

It was better than the Spurs final to be fair 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I think you dont tend to not be arsed when it's not your club involved. I didnt think it was a good final to be honest as it was mostly one way traffic and the odd counter by chelsea.

It seemed really open the first twenty t minutes but yeah it died a death. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

It was better than the Spurs final to be fair 

No way. That final was much better. Mostly end-to-end attacking, some nice moves and lots of shots from both teams and some outstanding goal keeper saves.

It has to be said, I think after James' performance in the final that could end Trent's hopes for a place in the England squad. James is a very good defender. I'm not blown away by him "keeping Sterling in his pocket" as so many are getting giddy about, I don't think that's much of an achievement at all. But the lad is a unit, very quick, strong and a natural defender who supports the attack well. Southgate obviously prefers orthodox full backs and James is best of the bunch. I've not seen Trippier this season but many have said he's had a great season. As for Walker, a good athlete, lots of pace but no end product and brainless. Overrated in the extreme in my opinion. A shame that Trent is considered the lowest among this lot by the England manager.

22 minutes ago, Baltar said:

It has to be said, I think after James' performance in the final that could end Trent's hopes for a place in the England squad. 

Agreed - they are not going to change to play to Trent's strengths and you are not getting past James if he is in the right position. If he is close to you - good luck. Walker ends up in the wrong positions enough times that he may be on -----

THE BENCH!!

11 minutes ago, Baltar said:

It has to be said, I think after James' performance in the final that could end Trent's hopes for a place in the England squad. James is a very good defender. I'm not blown away by him "keeping Sterling in his pocket" as so many are getting giddy about, I don't think that's much of an achievement at all. But the lad is a unit, very quick, strong and a natural defender who supports the attack well. Southgate obviously prefers orthodox full backs and James is best of the bunch. I've not seen Trippier this season but many have said he's had a great season. As for Walker, a good athlete, lots of pace but no end product and brainless. Overrated in the extreme in my opinion. A shame that Trent is considered the lowest among this lot by the England manager.

Not a shame in my book....hopefully the lad has a nice summer off away from that shite and is fit, rested and raring to go for the important stuff come August.

Ingerlund can fuck off.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Not a shame in my book....hopefully the lad has a nice summer off away from that shite and is fit, rested and raring to go for the important stuff come August.

Ingerlund can fuck off.

On this we can all agree.  Wish it was Robbo having the summer off though..

1 hour ago, Red_or_Dead said:

On this we can all agree.  Wish it was Robbo having the summer off though..

Yeah - lad could do with it, that is for sure.

Things are only going to get worse with this international shite, as greed will see more games and more tournaments held.

Hopefully clubs make a stand at some poiny soon.

5 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Fuck me, the sports writers are really licking chelsea's arsehole, arent they?

Yesterday Kante was the best defensive mid to have played in England, ever, Tuchel is the best manager and Havertz is no longer an £89m flop because he scored the winner in the CL final.

Mendy will be the best keeper in Europe tomorrow no doubt.

If you don't know by now the press "cunts" are a fickle lot. Chelsea are the flavour of the week now. It won't last. 

5 hours ago, an tha said:

Ingerlund can fuck off.

I don't care much about England, I'd be gutted for the lad since we all know he'd be desperate to be in the squad.

Southgate leaving Trent out could backfire on us, if he is really keen to play for England.

Might affect his confidence and therefore his play.

On a more positive note though, he might double his efforts with a World Cup in the offing, and with a summers rest, that could also help.

Southgate is more likely to play him as a wide midfielder I think, he’s the best crosser of a ball England have had since Beckham, and with Sir Harry likely wanting that kind of service, and Trent not averse to having a shot himself, I could see him being used there.

By the way, I’m no England fan, we always seem to end up with our players coming back injured whenever they play.

Just now, coachpotato said:

Southgate leaving Trent out could backfire on us, if he is really keen to play for England.

Might affect his confidence and therefore his play.

On a more positive note though, he might double his efforts with a World Cup in the offing, and with a summers rest, that could also help.

Southgate is more likely to play him as a wide midfielder I think, he’s the best crosser of a ball England have had since Beckham, and with Sir Harry likely wanting that kind of service, and Trent not averse to having a shot himself, I could see him being used there.

It certainly didn't when he did it earlier this season.

Quite the opposite, in fact.

Just now, m0e said:

It certainly didn't when he did it earlier this season.

Quite the opposite, in fact.

I agree, but the difference between then and now is that then, it appeared he was giving Trent a kick up the arse, which worked, and since then Trent has been really good.

But if he were to be left out now, after regaining his form, it might affect him adversely.

• Upvote 1