You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions League Final - who do you want to win?

El Rojo

Who do you want to win the 2021 Champions League Final?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win the Champions League Final tomorrow night?

Tuchel is the third different German manager to win the Champions League in the last three seasons (Jurgen Klopp 2019, Hans Flick 2020) - it is the first time the European Cup/Champions League has been won in three consecutive years by three different managers of the same nationality since 1979-80 to 1981-82 (Brian Clough, Bob Paisley, Tony Barton).

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I know I referenced Spurs’ collapse after Madrid a page or so back, but I do wonder if the City players will start questioning Guardiola now.

He’s been outdone tactically, or outdone himself tactically, every season he’s been here. 

I remember him doing the same at Bayern as well v Barca a few years ago. 

The manager making changes that don’t won’t which cost teams results is how confidence in his message erodes. 

Personally, I don’t think this City team is all that. I certainly don’t think it’s as good as the 100 or 98 point sides. 

I think the way City play is quite emotionless and cold. I doubt they’ve been impacted by the lack of crowds at all. I know this could be said about every club, but in fact, I’d 100% say it’s benefited them in away matches - teams aren’t being forced on by a crowd to have a go at them and stop them playing.

Take the game at Anfield. Very little in it when we equalise. The roar of Anfield sensing blood would have been immense. Instead, they were able to dust themselves down, play their tika-taka in silence and even then, needed mistakes to help them along.

Hopefully they have a hangover from this into next season. As nice football they play, I’m still not convinced they have the stomach for a fight, like us or Chelsea last night have.

A slow start, especially if other clubs hit the ground running and the pressure will be on. 

Yeah, it's hard to see things being unaffected by this.  Either the Saudis will give him the chop, probably not literally but .., or he'll walk away. 

Good times. 

16 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Yeah, it's hard to see things being unaffected by this.  Either the Saudis will give him the chop, probably not literally but .., or he'll walk away. 

"Which bit of the former Manchester City manager would you like to see first?"

48 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Good times. 

If you call City’s owners Saudis again, you’ll be getting an invite to an ‘interview’ at the embassy. No love lost between Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia.

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

If you call City’s owners Saudis again, you’ll be getting an invite to an ‘interview’ at the embassy. No love lost between Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia.

They're mates, they both drop bombs on Yemen for the craic. its Qatar they hate.

I went out on the town at the Twin Tower Grosvenor House Hotel in Dubai on "Ladies Night" a few years back, and it seemed a pretty free and easy place.  To my naked eye, the Emirati lads in their white-gowned finery looked pretty expert at spotting a lesbian tongue kiss photo opportunity in the top-floor night club.

My Irish mate whom I was visiting said Abu Dhabi, where he worked, was a little more "traditional".

52 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Sorry, Arabs. 

Will the Arabs see Guardiola as being capable of delivering the CL?  I don't know, yesterday seemed like an open goal, their best chance ever. Abject fail.  

And that was best case scenario City, I don't think they had any injuries, perhaps Mendy?  It's remarkable really, basically a full squad to pick from, there is no excuse for Guardiola.  

And he knows it.  So he might make the first move and preserve his reputation.

6 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Never even watched it, went to bed at half nine as I was goosed, glad city lost though. You're not a great club until you've won a European Cup, there's no dining at the top table or respect from other big clubs until you have. Another year of eating outdoors for the helmets. As for Chelsea, congrats on drawing level with Forest. It only took about two billion.

This. Word for word. (Except I didn't go to bed; I  watched a documentary about Beethoven that I recorded a few months ago.)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, belarus said:

That’s brilliant. If that isn’t the song it’s a genius fit

Yes she said that was the song she was listening too.

The problem with the videos I'd imagine is something to do with the site. Get on the blower to dave,get it sorted lad. 

2 hours ago, Butch said:

Nice thing about Chelsea winning is that city won't be remembered for winning the league but for losing the European Cup this season. 

I think we should be over't' (blue) moon with the result.

It's a huge psychological blow to City every time they fail in the ECL... which is only good for us, who have hopefully been on a psychological resurgence recently (and hopefully a physical one soon with mountainous returns from injury pending - VvD and the other CBs [perhaps], Hendo, Jota).

And as for Chelsea winning, meh.

11 hours ago, Baltar said:

What a truly shit final that was. One of the worst I can remember. Can't recall more than a single save that either goalie made. Terrible advertisement for English football.

I thought it was a really good game, Chelsea were very organised and didn't allow themselves to be bossed by City. The defete by Leicester did them a favour as they didn't want to go through that hurt again. . It was nice to see city not getting anything from the biggest game of their history and shitting the bed in the process. Hardly end to end stuff and not full of drama like our finals. Said to the other half that even if it was real or barca "I hate both cunt teams" I'd still want them to beat City.