You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions League Final - who do you want to win?

El Rojo

Who do you want to win the 2021 Champions League Final?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win the Champions League Final tomorrow night?

9 hours ago, Trumo said:

Looks like Pep out-tactic'd himself (again). Nothing that another £100m-plus splurge on full backs won't cure.

That's Chelsea's 4th European trophy on the past decade, and 3 of those have come after changing managers mid-season. They've had a lot of joy with a new manager bounce down the years.

Chelsea have plenty of knobhead fans, a lot of whom are celebrities, but I can't think of any Chelsea fans as obnoxious as the Gallagher brothers for City. I didn't want Chelsea to win this, but I really didn't want City winning it, especially as them winning their CAS appeal and avoiding a ban is so recent.

And Grant was a Terry slip away from doing it in 2008 

I think Guardiola has to take a lot of criticism for last night. 

Whether the 2 recent results against Chelsea were on his mind or what, I just don’t get his plan last night. 

Credit to Chelsea obviously, they played very well and deserved to win, I just can’t understand why he was trying to do. 

I thought City would win all week, hence me trying to make peace with it eventually going to happen, but as soon as I saw the line ups, I fancied Chelsea. Seeing the BT pundits comments, Lescott was certainly worried and Ferdinand wasn’t as convinced of a City win. 

Whatever the plan, it led to a very un-City like performance. No control, < possession, De Bruyne & Gundogun anonymous. Bizarre. 

11 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I think Guardiola has to take a lot of criticism for last night. 

Whether the 2 recent results against Chelsea were on his mind or what, I just don’t get his plan last night. 

Credit to Chelsea obviously, they played very well and deserved to win, I just can’t understand why he was trying to do. 

I thought City would win all week, hence me trying to make peace with it eventually going to happen, but as soon as I saw the line ups, I fancied Chelsea. Seeing the BT pundits comments, Lescott was certainly worried and Ferdinand wasn’t as convinced of a City win. 

Whatever the plan, it led to a very un-City like performance. No control, < possession, De Bruyne & Gundogun anonymous. Bizarre. 

From reading Blue Moon, their success this season has been based on starting with Fernandinho or Rhodri, Pep started neither and replaced them with an out of form Sterling. So Pep's bad tactics.

However, look at what we've had to deal with all year with countless injuries all over the park. If they can't adapt to one fucking change, they aren't a great team at all.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Boss player but that is absolutely spot on. 

No. Fuck all anyone else does is for Sean Cox. What we do is for Sean Cox. I know they sung that song etc but we, us don't and won't ever take any heart-felt solace from anything between city and chelsea. 

I don't disagree but watching their team upset on the pitch made me think of Sean. Bad enough fans who sing about tragedies but when players do it's a different thing. Throw in their disrespect last year when we won the league. 

I hate Chelsea so can't say I got any joy from last night.

The pressure was all on City and it showed.  Guardiola lost his mind with that team selection, the players froze, and there was a moment in the second half when the camera was on Guardiola shouting instructions to his players but his mouth was visibly dry with fear and anxiety.

Flat track bully shit bags.

23 minutes ago, Moo said:

The pressure was all on City and it showed.  Guardiola lost his mind with that team selection, the players froze, and there was a moment in the second half when the camera was on Guardiola shouting instructions to his players but his mouth was visibly dry with fear and anxiety.

Flat track bully shit bags.

He keeps trying to be too clever, and makes the same mistake every year.

By now he should've somehow realised what he's not to do. 

• Upvote 1

Wait, what?! Seeing reports in the papers of a 'classic' Champions League final?! When was that then because I dont think it was last night.

Although the stats dont show it, it was a final of virtual one way traffic, towards chelsea's goal and, pretty much a backs to the wall job especially in the last 20 minutes. For much of the game, chelsea couldnt get out of their half. They had 2 clear chances, Havertz took his while Pulisic fluffed his. But at the end of the day, that's the only important stat.

I dont know how others saw it but, it seemed to me that if city had of equalised, the only way chelsea were going to score another was via penalties.

Guardiola out foxed himself and not for the first time in a 'big' game. In the end, Im just glad city lost. They have some players I like such as De Bruyne and Aguero. But in the main, they're a bunch of cunts especially that bernado silva. Seeing that cunt come up empty handed made my night I think!

Couldnt give a fuck about chelsea winning although it leaves a nasty taste in the mouth. I said from the quarters they looked a dark horse (shame Im not a betting man) and so it proved to be. Saw a few of the cunts using 'our' chant of 'we are the champions, champions of europe,' yeah cannot make you own up, eh?

Tuchel will no doubt be given shitloads of laundered money by Abramovic andjust proves they are no different to city, their spending is just on a slightly lower scale.

I dont know how or why cunts like samuel see this, spending shitloads, as the model for all English clubs. Sorry, that should be clubs who want to dream of being PL ro CL winners. The Championship is full of clubs who have overspent and depend on their owners to bail them out only to find their owners dont have the finances or the club ends up selling its ground to them.

Im firmly of the opinion clubs should live within their means and not look to owners to act as a sugar daddy. The day when the football authorities stamp out this obscene practice the better but, I guess that ship has long sailed.

Chelsea have shown that when you have as much money as them, stability, continuity, 3-year plans etc don't really matter. 

They have the odd bad season, change manager constantly but keep winning stuff. The one time they fucked up big time was when they hired Lampard. 

Twats. 

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Wait, what?! Seeing reports in the papers of a 'classic' Champions League final?! When was that then because I dont think it was last night.

Although the stats dont show it, it was a final of virtual one way traffic, towards chelsea's goal and, pretty much a backs to the wall job especially in the last 20 minutes. For much of the game, chelsea couldnt get out of their half. They had 2 clear chances, Havertz took his while Pulisic fluffed his. But at the end of the day, that's the only important stat.

I dont know how others saw it but, it seemed to me that if city had of equalised, the only way chelsea were going to score another was via penalties.

Guardiola out foxed himself and not for the first time in a 'big' game. In the end, Im just glad city lost. They have some players I like such as De Bruyne and Aguero. But in the main, they're a bunch of cunts especially that bernado silva. Seeing that cunt come up empty handed made my night I think!

Couldnt give a fuck about chelsea winning although it leaves a nasty taste in the mouth. I said from the quarters they looked a dark horse (shame Im not a betting man) and so it proved to be. Saw a few of the cunts using 'our' chant of 'we are the champions, champions of europe,' yeah cannot make you own up, eh?

Tuchel will no doubt be given shitloads of laundered money by Abramovic andjust proves they are no different to city, their spending is just on a slightly lower scale.

I dont know how or why cunts like samuel see this, spending shitloads, as the model for all English clubs. Sorry, that should be clubs who want to dream of being PL ro CL winners. The Championship is full of clubs who have overspent and depend on their owners to bail them out only to find their owners dont have the finances or the club ends up selling its ground to them.

Im firmly of the opinion clubs should live within their means and not look to owners to act as a sugar daddy. The day when the football authorities stamp out this obscene practice the better but, I guess that ship has long sailed.

Back to the wall not so sure about that. Chelsea keeper had nothing to do.

City had one shot on target in the whole match. 

once Chelsea took the lead the second half they were always going to sit back and hit on the break.

if Werner was any good he’d have scored at least 2. Pulisic also should have scored. 
city were terrible and creating nothing with just sterile possession. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Though the stats dont show it, it was a final of virtual one way traffic, towards chelsea's goal and, pretty much a backs to the wall job especially in the last 20 minutes. For much of the game, chelsea couldnt get out of their half. They had 2 clear chances, Havertz took his while Pulisic fluffed his. But at the end of the day, that's the only important stat.

I saw it the other way. Chelsea were clearly the better team and in control for nearly the entire game. They have an excellent defence so when they're a goal up why gamble on going for a second? Pep can tiki taka in the opposition half as much as he wants but they never created any clear chances because every time a city player had the ball near their goal they were swiftly dispossessed before they could do anything with it.

Man City looked like they couldn't score if they were given 100 minutes of added time, Chelsea looked like they had an extra gear they could step up into if an equaliser did fluke its way in. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I saw it the other way. Chelsea were clearly the better team and in control for nearly the entire game. They have an excellent defence so when they're a goal up why gamble on going for a second? Pep can tiki taka in the opposition half as much as he wants but they never created any clear chances because every time a city player had the ball near their goal they were swiftly dispossessed before they could do anything with it.

Man City looked like they couldn't score if they were given 100 minutes of added time, Chelsea looked like they had an extra gear they could step up into if an equaliser did fluke its way in. 

I agree. The first half was pretty entertaining, the 2nd half Chelsea, rightly, retreated and looked for their pace on the break.

Apart from the odd scare, which is to be expected, I thought Chelsea kept them at arms length. 

24 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Don’tcha know, he’s the real deal.

Noel Gallagher says so. 

Seen both the cunts there looking very glum and sorry for themselves. Made my night seeing the cunts crying, a teary eyed Silva was a joy to see. Blue moon was very enjoyable last night. 

Chelsea are a very good side and a useful bench too. I don't hate them as much as when maurien was there, still plastic horrible cunts though. 

XDrp.gif

6 minutes ago, Butch said:

Seen both the cunts there looking very glum and sorry for themselves. Made my night seeing the cunts crying, a teary eyed Silva was a joy to see. Blue moon was very enjoyable last night. 

Chelsea are a very good side and a useful bench too. I don't hate them as much as when maurien was there, still plastic horrible cunts though. 

XDrp.gif

Desperately want to know what song that is she’s listening to