You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions League Final - who do you want to win?

El Rojo

Who do you want to win the 2021 Champions League Final?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win the Champions League Final tomorrow night?

Said in another thread, Chelsea for me (*spit,spit*) as the only reason Guardiola has been brought in and half a billion spunked on City is for their owners to crow at them winning club football’s top prize.

Saw some of their supporters being interviewed on tv earlier tonight and they’re going to be really unbearable if they win it, “will confirm us as the most successful English team evoh!” one wag was spouting.

Keep their name off big ears for as long as possible please, just to boil their piss.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, sir roger said:

The hate I had for Chelsea was mainly down to the personnel at the time ( Terry , Mourinho etc. ) but the present lot are pretty milquetoast and Abramovic is pretty run of the mill by owner wealth standards , whereas City are the enemy of football , run from the death star and coached by an horrendous manchild.

This.  Word for word, thank you, Sir Rog.

[I'm channeling my inner Mike Summerbee and Peter Osgood and trying to look on this fixture tomorrow with some old school warmth.

So, in that respect, I'd be "happy" for either.

But, the reality is Cunts A (Chelsea) must defeat Cunts B, who are indeed the apotheosis of tout le mode rotten-pilchard-like genitalia.]

6 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Repped for "milquetoast".

Seconded (or "fifthed", at last count), with rigorous alacrity.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Pidge said:

I'm a bit torn, I do like Steve Cooper, even if he does look like a tin of spam passed through a mangle, but Brentford have long deserved it, getting them in the top flight would make for a more entertaining league and would generally be a feel good story.

So I'm just about on Brentford's side overa... wait, Champions League final?

I don't give a shit.

I like the Brentford manager.

Preferably neither. But Chelsea already have it on their cv so the win wouldn’t be annoying. I just want to see Guardiola fail to get City over the line and for the owner’s frustration to continue. Then watch as he demands another £200m.

6 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Also just seen the Chelsea fans are using Depeche mode “just can’t get enough” for a Timo Werner chant. Ironic but fuck that shit. 

Yeah, I noticed it when they played Leicester.

No “He scores a goal and the Kop goes wild” additional lines, just lots of do-do-do’s .

I hate both clubs but City fans are possibly as nasty as Chelsea fans. Horrible mob of knobheads.

The thing for me is what benefits us next season. If City win, it will be a natural comedown for a team that has won it all over the past number of years. Will Pep leave or will players look for a new challenge? Certainly, it might be harder for them to be up for games in the Autumn especially if a lot of them went far in the Euros. If we come out hungry, any early advantage could be huge.

I truly hate Chelsea. I always did, long before I had any dislike for City. They will be a threat in the coming years because they will always spend money and Abramovich knows his football enough to not have a fucking idiot like Ole at the wheel so very good players and management plus the London draw makes them always likely to challenge.

Just to see Pep cry and their obnoxious fans suffer, I hope Chelsea win through a Bernardo Silva own goal or a Kyle Walker tackle in the last minute that leads to a penalty. 

Whatever happens tonight, this has been the worst ever Champions League season. 

No huge, against all odds, comebacks.

No late, late drama. 

No basketball style classic & memorable matches. 

In a few years time, apart from the winner, nobody will be able to tell you anything about this CL season. 

I'm looking at it from next seasons point of view. Solksjaer has already taken a few steps towards the last chance saloon after Wednesday. If City lose and Pep plays De Bruyne left back I could see huge trouble within that camp and their fickle inbred support, if they win they remove the pressure and that's real bad. If Chelsea lose Tuchel is in trouble, the season will have ended in collapse. If they win he will be safe to build in a relatively pressure free manner with sheds load of money. 

Ideal result is Chelsea win after Pep over thought it again and they play shite.

Originally had City to win in a treble I put on.

Now that bet has gone down in flames I’d prefer City to lose purely to enjoy Guardiola losing his shit again. Plus if/when they do win it the fawning over them by the media whilst ignoring the massive herd of  elephants in the room will be fucking nauseating.