You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions League Final - who do you want to win?

El Rojo

Who do you want to win the 2021 Champions League Final?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win the Champions League Final tomorrow night?

The hate I had for Chelsea was mainly down to the personnel at the time ( Terry , Mourinho etc. ) but the present lot are pretty milquetoast and Abramovic is pretty run of the mill by owner wealth standards , whereas City are the enemy of football , run from the death star and coached by an horrendous manchild.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

I don’t care either way, but, I think Citeh winning should have more upsides in the long run. 

I could, and very well, be wrong.

I don’t except Chelsea to beat them 3 times in a row & am trying to justify the eventuality. 

I wrote this on another thread but, for me, I’d prefer City won it.

Since they attracted their obscene wealth, I hate both equally. Back in the day, though, I was fairly neutral about City but have always detested Chelsea. It just runs deeper. 

If we could find a way for both to lose, that would be preferable. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I don’t care either way, but, I think Citeh winning should have more upsides in the long run. 

I could, and very well, be wrong.

I don’t except Chelsea to beat them 3 times in a row & am trying to justify the eventuality. 

What upsides do you see in them winning, and for who, long or short term?

5 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Judging by Guardiola's interview, I reckon he'd be off if they won it. Still want them to lose though, just so I can see the baldy cunt's reaction when we win our title back next season.

Really? What did he say?

It's currently a media blackout in this which will continue until the beginning of the season.

26 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

What upsides do you see in them winning, and for who, long or short term?

Like us winning the league, I hope their intensity would drop. 

I know there were other reason behind our drop off, but some of the signs were already there (ie Villa 7-2).

I just feel if they don’t do it, they’ll just keep spending and spending until they do. 

If their spending continues as-is, unfortunately, it’s going to happen at some point.

Like supporters of other clubs who said us  winning the league last season is the worst result in the best circumstances (or is it vice-versa), I feel the same about tomorrow. 

I fully well might be wrong, it wouldn’t surprise me if I was and then the Arabs spunk even more to keep them on top, I just feel it could be next season is a bit of a come down. It wouldn’t be the first time it’s happened.

I also get the view point that if they don’t do it, they could crumble. Like Spurs after Madrid. 

Tomorrow has no happy ending, only less shit. Above are only my thoughts, I fully get others might feel different. 

12 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Really? What did he say?

It's currently a media blackout in this which will continue until the beginning of the season.

I was only half listening to it on Sky Sports, but it sounded like he was being non-comittal about next season. Couldn't really give a shit about him or City, which is probably why I wasn't paying much attention.

14 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Like us winning the league, I hope their intensity would drop. 

I also get the view point that if they don’t do it, they could crumble. Like Spurs after Madrid

Tomorrow has no happy ending, only less shit. Above are only my thoughts, I fully get others might feel different. 

All valid points, and in this there's no right or wrong because it's all merely conjecture and wishful thinking.

I particularly like the line in bold type, but alas, City are too well funded, and their squad too strong, for them to do a Spurs. That's not to say that failing to win it wouldn't set Guardiola on a personal head-boil. We know he's prone to spoilt hissy-fits when he doesn't get his own way. But with the pressure of the money being pumped into City towards their ultimate goal, another failure, what may be seen as a very personal failure, could set him off an a bad personal journey.

I'm a bit torn, I do like Steve Cooper, even if he does look like a tin of spam passed through a mangle, but Brentford have long deserved it, getting them in the top flight would make for a more entertaining league and would generally be a feel good story.

So I'm just about on Brentford's side overa... wait, Champions League final?

I don't give a shit.

• Upvote 4

I hate chelsea far more than I hate or care about city but I want chelsea to win it here just for the piss taking and as someone said above, to see Peps face. Chelsea have already won it so they're already at the top table, fuck adding the mancunian everton to it. 

That jacket Pep has been wearing in his press conference today is fucking superb if you take the city shite off it. 

• Upvote 1