You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ibrahima Konaté

22 minutes ago, aRdja said:

How did he play? 

I watched some of the game and looked at the reactions after. He played pretty well from what I saw and he was involved in the buildup of the France goal. 

He should be part of squads from now on, but Deschamps just called him to replace an injured Varane, so who knows what he's thinking. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, joe_fishfish said:

Read that as "out for the season" at first. Shat myself.

I read it as "out for the start of the season" and then read your post thinking you were correcting to it to "out for the season". Shat myself.

On 10/06/2022 at 23:09, TD_LFC said:

He'll be first choice with us next season (unless pre-season throws a curveball) so it'll be harder for Deschamps to ignore if we continue to play to the level we are.

Why would he be first choice, Matip is the better player. 

7 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

It's mad that there seems to be far less rage about Konate being injured in this friendly than there was Jota being injured in a 'meaningless' champions league game.

Not really, as the Champions League game was exactly that, meaningless. Preseason friendlies are necessary to get players match fit and to get tactics and formations drilled in.

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I’m not liking the news on his injury. Klopp said today he’d be out for “a while”.

Phillips now likely to stay.

I know that’s obviously not very specific, I’m still scarred from 20/21.

Yeah that is worrying. For Klopp to give no indication of a timescale normally means a long injury. 

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I’m not liking the news on his injury. Klopp said today he’d be out for “a while”.

Phillips now likely to stay.

I know that’s obviously not very specific, I’m still scarred from 20/21.

Yeah that doesn’t sound good.