You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ibrahima Konaté

8 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

So it was the midfields fault and Matip who I have championed for years would have made a huge difference against Brighton? Possibly or probably but he might also have struggled with no fucking cover from midfield. The midfield was fucking awful Chamberlain and Jones in particular. Neither are midfielders by the way, Chamberlain is deluded into thinking he is a real Klopp mistake and Jones is an attacking midfielder who can also play wide.

So, with a weakened midfield, a good call is to give a largely untested 22 year old a go in defence?

Against a side Klopp lauded as one of the trickiest we'll face this season?

I'd bet any money Klopp would put Matip back in if he could wind back the clock.

As I say, one of his worst decisions.

1 minute ago, m0e said:

So, with a weakened midfield, a good call is to give a largely untested 22 year old a go in defence?

Against a side Klopp lauded as one of the trickiest we'll face this season?

I'd bet any money Klopp would put Matip back in if he could wind back the clock.

As I say, one of his worst decisions.

Matip is clearly being managed and only Milner was missing from the midfield at Utd, Jurgen might wish he had not had to put Chamberlain on, a wish we would all agree with. Konate is not the reason we drew yesterday as a huge fan of Matip no one is error free Matip is underrated in my opinion but blaming Konate is unfair that said you also blamed Klopp. Everyone makes mistakes.

34 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I don't blame for most of his performance, but he's genuinely jogging when they've cut us open and are about to score the equaliser.

He was crap throughout the whole game.  Constantly caught out of position, strolling back when beaten.

• Downvote 1

Brighton targeted us down our right side, as lots of teams do because Trent gets caught forward,  a lot, and unless there’s a midfielder to cover that, then a CB has to come out of position as Konate did yesterday.

Lallana might have given Potter more insight into how certain players play and that might have led to them finer tuning their tactics, they did play a very good game to be fair and were opening us up way too easily.

We’re still getting van Dijk up to speed, Robbo has been out of sorts, an ineffective midfield, they met us at the right time and still didn’t beat us.

• Upvote 1

On 01/11/2021 at 06:44, coachpotato said:

Brighton targeted us down our right side, as lots of teams do because Trent gets caught forward,  a lot, and unless there’s a midfielder to cover that, then a CB has to come out of position as Konate did yesterday.

Lallana might have given Potter more insight into how certain players play and that might have led to them finer tuning their tactics, they did play a very good game to be fair and were opening us up way too easily.

We’re still getting van Dijk up to speed, Robbo has been out of sorts, an ineffective midfield, they met us at the right time and still didn’t beat us.

We’ve only beaten Potter’s Brighton once from four attempts. When you consider the gap in talents between the two sides, that’s a mighty achievement for Brighton.

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, aRdja said:

We’ve only beaten Potter’s Brighton once from four attempts. When you consider the gap in talents between the two sides, that’s a mighty achievement for Brighton.

Admit it mate - you want Potter to manage your Winks, Maguire and Adama dream team. 

I can’t work out if Jones is given a different role and set of instructions than Elliott was getting, or if he just doesn’t have the same way of approaching the game as Harvey, but apart from the odd flash or game, he’s continued to be safe and steady in his attitude, rather than buccaneering as Elliott was, or even as Jonesy was against Porto.

I reckon we should get him out on loan at a footballing championship side and let him flourish a bit. He seems stifled here.

Edit - completely wrong thread like, but there we go.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Belarus said:

I can’t work out if Jones is given a different role and set of instructions than Elliott was getting, or if he just doesn’t have the same way of approaching the game as Harvey, but apart from the odd flash or game, he’s continued to be safe and steady in his attitude, rather than buccaneering as Elliott was, or even as Jonesy was against Porto.

I reckon we should get him out on loan at a footballing championship side and let him flourish a bit. He seems stifled here.

Edit - completely wrong thread like, but there we go.

Jones plays a deeper role than Elliot did, on the left side.

Keita took the Elliott role which is why he started resembling a footballer for 3 games.

Ox came on in that role and set up a goal from there.

Keita started the season in the deeper left sided role that Jones currently occupies, which is where he was shite.

Wijnaldum and Milner used to fight for that role.

Thiago will make it his when fit.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, m0e said:

Jones plays a deeper role than Elliot did, on the left side.

Keita took the Elliott role which is why he started resembling a footballer for 3 games.

Ox came on in that role and set up a goal from there.

Keita started the season in the deeper left sided role that Jones currently occupies, which is where he was shite.

Wijnaldum and Milner used to fight for that role.

Thiago will make it his when fit.

Miller never fought Wijnaldum for anything.

Gini played every single game he was fit except a few in 17-18 season.

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, m0e said:

He's clearly going to be a massive asset for us, both literally and metaphorically.

It's also clear why Klopp wasn't willing to spend money on a centre half in January.

Yeah it's almost like he knows better than us knobheads on an Internet forum......

.......almost!

On 17/12/2021 at 08:16, alles ist gut said:

Even allowing for the level of the opposing forwards last night, that was an encouraging performance. Apart from the header in their box, but that's not the end of the world.

I thought he really grew into that game, to the point where, by the middle of the second half, he gave me the same degree of confidence that Virg and Joel do. "Oh look, they think they're attacking now. That's nice."

• Upvote 1